Mickey wear in Universal?? Is it a big no?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
Hi Is it acceptable to use a Mickey purse or wear a Mickey shirt to Universal? Or is it the equivalent of wearing the opposing team's jersey to a game? :confused3 This is our first time going and we are mainly going for Harry Potter. My kids are huge fans and have Harry Potter shirts but I'm not a fan and have mainly Mickey stuff. I have other shirts obviously but I love my Mickey tanks they are very light weight and comfy. So I just wanted to see what people do.

Last month, a woman behind us was wearing a Mickey tee at the hotel boat launch and there was some ribbing by the bag search folks.

My kid had a Minnie hoodie I thought she’d never wear except on the plane; she wore it everywhere (she got chilly in the queues and after frozen butter beer) - no one said anything. Maybe because she’s a kid, or maybe because no one else cared.

No one actually cares.

Some will notice and be silly about it, but it’s not a crime.

I wear my Ravenclaw lanyard at Disney. Before I got that (so soft and comfy on my neck) I wore my tinkerbell lanyard at Universal.

My now-ex loved wearing opposite shirts to parks, and enjoyed the ribbing he got from Storm and Rogue for having Grumpy on his shirt.

Plenty of the CMs and TMs work at both parks, anyway.

Hi Is it acceptable to use a Mickey purse or wear a Mickey shirt to Universal? Or is it the equivalent of wearing the opposing team's jersey to a game? :confused3 This is our first time going and we are mainly going for Harry Potter. My kids are huge fans and have Harry Potter shirts but I'm not a fan and have mainly Mickey stuff. I have other shirts obviously but I love my Mickey tanks they are very light weight and comfy. So I just wanted to see what people do.

There have been reports that people entering the Universal Orlando Resort with Disney gear on have gone missing without any clues of their whereabouts. So please keep that in mind while at UOR, before doing anything stupid. Please think of your children...think of your children.:scared1:

It's odd that you'd think it would be a big deal.
People where Disney to Universal and Universal to Disney all the time.

You might get some gentle ribbing, but nothing awful- I got it from the bag check guy for having a stitch backpack, but he agreed with me that Universal's HP merch was too expensive to switch it out! haha

No worse than my DD wearing Hello Kitty and basically asking Mickey Mouse when they were going to invite the Sanrio characters into the Parks. :D

It never bothered me what peeps wear to the parks

When I am at the motherland, I wear Mickey Mouse clothes and lime green hat everyday

When I then transfer onsite to the darkside, my clothes are basically Cat in the Hat, Spidey, Simpson’s, UO clothing, etc

It's totally fine. Enjoy! :)
I was wondering the same thing before my first trip to Universal.

99, you couldn't be more wrong. Back in 2009 my then 65 year old mother wanted to go on Jurassic Park River Adventure while the rest of us wanted to have a drink. She was wearing a Goofy tee shirt that day and the last we saw of her was her waving to us as she entered the ride queue. So we are all watching the ride vehicles coming out of the final drop when my moms vehicle comes out...without mom in it. We were stunned!!! We tell security and they then start questioning the other occupants of my moms ride vehicle. They all had a look of fear while answering the questions posed by security. My aunt turns to me and says those people are afraid of something. Something dark and evil. This August will be 9 years since mom has been missing and officially she's listed as a missing person. I can't believe how much my life changed on that fateful day. I now take my 9 year old daughter on that ride and we always say hi to "grandma". So very sad.

99, you couldn't be more wrong. Back in 2009 my then 65 year old mother wanted to go on Jurassic Park River Adventure while the rest of us wanted to have a drink. She was wearing a Goofy tee shirt that day and the last we saw of her was her waving to us as she entered the ride queue. So we are all watching the ride vehicles coming out of the final drop when my moms vehicle comes out...without mom in it. We were stunned!!! We tell security and they then start questioning the other occupants of my moms ride vehicle. They all had a look of fear while answering the questions posed by security. My aunt turns to me and says those people are afraid of something. Something dark and evil. This August will be 9 years since mom has been missing and officially she's listed as a missing person. I can't believe how much my life changed on that fateful day. I now take my 9 year old daughter on that ride and we always say hi to "grandma". So very sad.
Awww, that's too bad......RIP Goofymom :goofy:

I hope you got some great deal out of them losing mom on that ride

Maybe life time free admission to the parks with ep thrown in with the deal

Knowing you my thought is, you also held out for free butterbeer and booze

You will definitely get ribbing from my crew! Just don’t wear the ears at uni!

Just don’t wear the ears at uni!

Challenge accepted. Next time I go to Universal I'm wearing my rose gold ears. :)

What amazes me, however, is how many people wear their plastic toddler bangles (er, magicbands) to Universal!!! I get that it's their room key for down the road, but my gosh, put it in your backpack LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts