Mickey's Backyard BBQ

pezheadval

Mouseketeer
We are looking into doing the Mickey's Backyard BBQ with our 2 1/2 year old daughter.
Have any of you done this? Did you enjoy it?
We have done the Hoop-Dee-Doo (several years ago) ...how does it compare?
Where is it located?
I have stayed at Fort Wilderness numerous times, but can't picture where it is?

Mickey's BBQ is located in a pavillion a ways behind Crockett's Tavern, sorta beside the petting zoo. Coming off the boat from MK you would follow path and take a right just before the Tavern/Hoop-dee-doo.

Although we did not do this event(had PS then cancelled) I have heard alot of mixed results. I think weather plays a part in this - summer rains and humidity!

It was going to be very costly for us and I was so unsure of the weather. We had never did a character meal, so we did Chef Mickey's for dinner instead.(Which was awesome) The day we originally were going to do the BBQ it rained all night, so is hind sight I'm glad we cancelled. We ate at Trail's End instead, had a great meal and saved $$. While at Ft.W that evening, I asked people leaving the BBQ how it was - they all really liked it.
One family had a toddler and they said it was great.

Not sure if any of this makes sense but I hope that helps.

Here is the link to the prior thread on this topic;

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=404088

Obviously, everyone's experience can be different. I personaly give it a thumbs down, but others liked it. Read the thread, and if you do go, I hope you have a wonderful time.

My biggest problem was the crowding on the dance floor, and the "free for all" over the picnic tables. I truely believe that there should be "reserved" tables for each family.

Thanks for your input!
I think its pretty funny that I never noticed the pavilion! I'll have to look for it next time.

We did some more reading on it and I think we are going to skip the BBQ. Sounds like it can get pretty chaotic and crowed and with my husband (who does not like crowds) and my dad (who walks with a cane or uses an ECV) I think it may not be the best choice.

I love Trail's End and if we are going to eat at Fort Wilderness, we'll eat there. We have PS for Cinderella's Castle Breakfast and were thinking of doing another character meal...maybe we'll do Chef Mickey's instead of the BBQ.

All your other choices are excellent ones. I have done them all, and you are off to an exciting stay.

My family too, enjoys Trails End, and always give it high marks on any survey we are asked to fill out after our stays.

Have fun !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter