Mickey's Halloween Party and Halloween Time Superthread 2018!!

I’m trying to figure out how to upload a pic from a phone but failing at it! When I go to the app and look at the map- there are stars. If you click on the stars you’ll see they say Treat Trail. Looks like they are in the same places as last year- one by Matterhorn. Where galaxy edge entrance or exit. Stagedoor cafe.
I get it! I figured it out!

IMG_20180920_003124_zps3edv39fm.jpg

IMG_20180920_003147_zpsxxnjgsca.jpg

Alright! Back home and tucked in bed.

Got in at 6pm, no wait to get in, did some brief shopping at Emporium. Then ToT Main Street, Frontierland/Critter Country until 7:30pm. Those lines were all short. We did hop in the Pirate Pals line but the girls were over waiting really quick so we hopped out. Scoped out and held a parade spot from 7:30 till the first parade. It was a good curb side spot at the Tomorrowland entrance. For the parade it was awesome but for the fireworks we could. It see the orb or projections due to a tree.

Parade : It was cute and really good quality. I wish it was longer though seemed to be over in a flash.

Fireworks: Outstanding! Even without being able to see the projections, the fireworks themselves and the music was really cool.

After the fireworks we went to check on the villains at Town Sqire. We got in line but then got. It due to second parade so we ended up sticking around for the 2nd parade on Main Street which had NO crowds and once that was over ran to get in line for Malcifient and it worked out! Met her within 10 minutes - bucket list made. She was a GREAT meet. Interacted with my little Aurora, and commented on my story book I had signed and how happily ever afters are a “we will see about that”.

Overall was great! Came home with a ton of candy and healthy snacks too. Can’t comment on ride lines, but seemed like the park emptied out after the fireworks a lot. I think it was well worth the investment. Cool atmosphere and such. I found the character met and greets to be frustrating and the attendants just had lack of knowledge for them all so that was frustrating but otherwise was a great night! This recap
might be a bit scatterbrained but I am tired! Feel free to ask questions and I will answer. Enjoy everyone!

Last edited:
@VeronicaMarie: Thank you so much for posting all the updates! I'm sure many people here appreciate the information. :) Your frustration with the CM and M&G glitches are understandable and are par for the course for the first party of the year. After the first few parties, things generally run much more smoothly. But it's great that you got your Maleficent M&G -- sounds like it was magical!

@figment_jii: Thank you for the photos of this year's map! :)

Last edited:
Wow, the party so much fun but I am exhausted! I will share some pics later but for now am happy to answer any questions.

Wow, the party so much fun but I am exhausted! I will share some pics later but for now am happy to answer any questions.

Curious about ride lines? I did check the App a bit and they seemed very short :)
Hoping to also hear if anyone knows how DCA was, and also DL in the morning/daytime of a party. We are doing 1 day after getting off a cruise ship, so want to really make it count.

Ride lines were very short, pretty much walk on all night. We started in California adventure at 3pm, with fast passes for incredicoaster, grizzly river run and Goofy's flight school. It was very busy and hot and we didn't have a great time there, also no FPs for RSR or guardians which was a shame. We then headed over to Disneyland for the party at 6, started treat trail at entrance (no wait), star tours (small wait), treat trail at Tomorrowland (10min wait) then space mountain (10 min wait). We were then able to do all the rides we wanted, all pretty much walk on, jungle cruise, pirates, Indiana Jones, thunder mountain, splash mountain. We didn't get a chance for photos with characters as the lines were either quite long, or they were on route somewhere and didn't stop for us. Finished with the fireworks and last parade with very tired kids. Amazing experience though, the only wait appeared to be haunted Mansion, showing a 30ish minute wait all night

The first MHP of the season is over! It was a lot of fun! Much of what I saw and did was the same as last year. Some random notes/thoughts:
  • Inside the park ticket activation is at the old Starcade. You can also but the party merchandise there.
  • The AP treat stop is inside the Starcade. The gift is a postcard and a button.
    IMG_20180920_002846_zpsjvyi1wjt.jpg
  • Constance the Bride and Sally Slater (Tight Rope Walker from the Stretching Room) were alternating at the French Market. The lines for them were not long tonight, but there were no signs or any info saying they were there. So it was by word of mouth, social media, and by walking by. I wonder if they'll be busier in the future as word gets out.
  • Mickey and Minnie (in goldish-colored costumes) were meeting in the Dia de los Muertos area.
  • I saw Wendy and Peter Pan at one end of Pirate Pals. Red and Jack were alternating at the other end (at least I saw Jack leave and Red moved into his spot).
  • Toontown Pre-Party were similar to past years. Lots of treat trails and character M&G. I saw Donald (Wizard), Daisy (Witch), and Goofy (Mayor). The lines looked very long.
  • Some of the food venues closed to non-party guests before 6. We were at Red Rose Tavern and it closed at 5:30. After that, you needed a wristband to get in. Most everything required a wristband after 6 (I didn’t get down to MS, so I don’t know about those shops/food locations).
  • Food venues (Gibson, Market House) on MS closed at 11, but the shops remained open (except Uptown Jeweler) for some after party shopping.
  • Treat Trails were a mix. Some had mostly candy, others had more non-candy stops. The Matterhorn trail had one candy bin and the rest were non-candy (chips, carrots, cheez-its, etc.)
  • Villians Square was definitely popular. There were one or two M&G villains and then a lot of roaming characters (including Pluto and Donald). I saw Facilier, Queen of Hearts, Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters, and Gaston roaming. After the second parade, Maleficent and Hades were at the M&G locations (each location had its own line). You had to be in line by 11.
  • There was kind of a good-bye show. A bunch of characters came out to the train station and waved to the crowd for a bit. They stayed until 11:15 and then left. After that, the end of the party announcement played.
  • Blue Bayou viewing area is at the end of Main Street (if you drew a line between Jolly Holiday and the Plaza Inn, you be in about the right area). We didn't do the package, but I asked a CM in the "reserved area".
  • There were a handful of guests waiting to get in at 2.
  • MHP ticket includes Maxpass, but not a lot was available in DL.
  • First Parade went from IaSW to MS. Second parade went from MS to IaSW. Vamparina is on the back of the Villians Float (where Gaston used to be). She's kind of a weird addition because she's not a villain (at least I don't think she is) and she really chipper sounding.
  • Candy and treats were similar to previous years.
IMG_20180920_002825_zpsbn9vm6hn.jpg

Last edited:
This makes me so excited for my party on October 23rd. I will be doing a photo shoot in two of my costumes before MHP. I will try to post pics. If I can't I will post a link to my Facebook page because, that is where all my costume pics are.

It seemed like most all of the trails had the same candy options, but there were a few random pieces, like the mini Hershey bar. There were also a few stray mini Krackle bars. The Sun Chips were at the Mr. Lincoln trail (they were showing old cartoons in the theater).

I'm loving all the party updates and info! It's very helpful! I know I asked before about the treat bags that Disney hands out, but could anyone post a pic of a bag from the party? Or post the approximate measurements of the bag? I always make Halloween bags for my grandkids every year, and decorate their trick-or-treat bag to match the theme of their costume. Just trying to see how the Disney bags compare size-wise to the ones I make!

The first MHP of the season is over! It was a lot of fun! Much of what I saw and did was the same as last year. Some random notes/thoughts:
  • Inside the park ticket activation is at the old Starcade. You can also but the party merchandise there.
  • The AP treat stop is inside the Starcade. The gift is a postcard and a button.
    IMG_20180920_002846_zpsjvyi1wjt.jpg
  • Constance the Bride and Sally Slater (Tight Rope Walker from the Stretching Room) were alternating at the French Market. The lines for them were not long tonight, but there were no signs or any info saying they were there. So it was by word of mouth, social media, and by walking by. I wonder if they'll be busier in the future as word gets out.
  • Mickey and Minnie (in goldish-colored costumes) were meeting in the Dia de los Muertos area.
  • I saw Wendy and Peter Pan at one end of Pirate Pals. Red and Jack were alternating at the other end (at least I saw Jack leave and Red moved into his spot).
  • Toontown Pre-Party were similar to past years. Lots of treat trails and character M&G. I saw Donald (Wizard), Daisy (Witch), and Goofy (Mayor). The lines looked very long.
  • Some of the food venues closed to non-party guests before 6. We were at Red Rose Tavern and it closed at 5:30. After that, you needed a wristband to get in. Most everything required a wristband after 6 (I didn’t get down to MS, so I don’t know about those shops/food locations).
  • Food venues (Gibson, Market House) on MS closed at 11, but the shops remained open (except Uptown Jeweler) for some after party shopping.
  • Treat Trails were a mix. Some had mostly candy, others had more non-candy stops. The Matterhorn trail had one candy bin and the rest were non-candy (chips, carrots, cheez-its, etc.)
  • Villians Square was definitely popular. There were one or two M&G villains and then a lot of roaming characters (including Pluto and Donald). I saw Facilier, Queen of Hearts, Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters, and Gaston roaming. After the second parade, Maleficent and Hades were at the M&G locations (each location had its own line). You had to be in line by 11.
  • There was kind of a good-bye show. A bunch of characters came out to the train station and waved to the crowd for a bit. They stayed until 11:15 and then left. After that, the end of the party announcement played.
  • Blue Bayou viewing area is at the end of Main Street (if you drew a line between Jolly Holiday and the Plaza Inn, you be in about the right area). We didn't do the package, but I asked a CM in the "reserved area".
  • There were a handful of guests waiting to get in at 2.
  • MHP ticket includes Maxpass, but not a lot was available in DL.
  • First Parade went from IaSW to MS. Second parade went from MS to IaSW. Vamparina is on the back of the Villians Float (where Gaston used to be). She's kind of a weird addition because she's not a villain (at least I don't think she is) and she really chipper sounding.
  • Candy and treats were similar to previous years.
IMG_20180920_002825_zpsbn9vm6hn.jpg
Thanks very much for this! I'm doing the party on Friday (yay) so it's so helpful! Hopefully the lines for Sally and Constance stay short - I think thats the only Character Meet I'm interested in.

Oh my gosh I cannot wait for my party on the 26th! This sounds so amazing! And walk on for most rides at a sold out party? That's exactly what I'm looking for when we go! (The M&G's aren't a priority for us as much.) Thank you for posting everyone! And thank you for the pics! I love getting to see it all!

Sorry, I don't have photo of the bag, but it's the same dimensions as last year (about the size of a paper lunch bag). Its about big enough for 2 or 3 treat trails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter