"Mickey's LITTLE FRIENDS only.." ?

ThunderMTexpert

DIS Veteran
*Currently booking my ADR's, and as an adult, I'm happy to order off the BIG PEOPLE'S menus, but.. :scared: walking thru the parks, taking a real-quick pit stop at some place, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in TomorrowLand, for example, and ordering from the "Mickey's Little Friend's Only Menu-" frowned upon? Or I could get away with it..?

You can get away with it, in most cases, but many folks believe that Disney has deliberately made the child meals less appealing to discourage adults from doing so -- that the practice of ignoring the posted "for children only" messages on the menus are at least partially to blame for how difficult it is to find a high-quality child meal at WDW.

When we were at Disney early this month I witnessed adults ordering child meals every time we used counter service. It's SUCH a tiny amount of food, I think I'd rather split a double bacon cheeseburger with dh than order 2 kids meals. BUT I tended to see this happen most frequently at places that had self-serve drink machines - I think Electric Umbrella at Epcot was where I witnessed 6 different groups of adults order all kids meals while I was waiting for my meal. I guess if you get a tiny cup and refill it a dozen times you really get your $3.99 worth. :rolleyes1

I sort of cringed with embarrassment upon witnessing this, but the cashiers are clearly used to it.

That wasnt really my plan w the kiddos meal. I had imagined first of all, I'll get choc milk for the 2 y old to drink. Second, grapes and carrots will make great snacks (not too high in carbs) for later even the grapes, as it wont be a huge amount... As for the ch nuggets, or PBJ, maybe the baby will indulge me and take a couple of nibbles. Maybe she will be more interested in something else on the table, or just refuse to eat, as usual. The way I see it, 2ddp CS credits, 1 kids meal, 1 bottle of water, and 1 sandwich (no side) or salad will be ample for 3 adults w decent appetites and a non-eater 2 y old:thumbsup2 I havent been in awhile, but as an avid lover of fast food (much to my detriment:sad2: ) I clearly recall being sick of looking at french fries, and typical sandwich/ burger/ dog buns after 3 days at WDW
And this trippie is for 8.5 days :rolleyes:

I am sure we'll have enough to eat. And when I get the happy meals locally (for myself) its drive thru anyway (no refills here):confused3 I sometimes just want a smaller amt of food, for whatever reason:cutie:

I order the kids meals all the time. I don't need the huge portions (although sometimes I LIKE them :) ) that the adult meals offer, and to be completely honest, I really like the PB&J roundwiches :blush: . And the grapes.

KC :)

At counter service places, it is absolutely not frowned upon. Order what you want.

I usually order the kids meal at disney because I go in the summer when it is very hot and I don't really want to eat a lot of food all at once. Sometimes the kids meal is better than the adults. Also I like to buy kids meals at epcot so that you can have a taste of a bunch of different foods.

i get kids meals at counter service a lot. never had a prob. the electric umbrella in epcot has tasty macaroni and cheese! though i have never tried to order a kids meal with the dining plan. but paying out of pocket never encountered a prob

I like to order the kids chicken fingers. The adult meal is just way to many for me, especially at lunch time. I feel like I would waste it, not that I am crazy about wasting food, but it seems like a shame.

I must admit, now that they changed the meals for kids, I'll probably just order an adult meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter