Mid Day break TIPS/Ideas! Everyone!!!

Heidi

Mouseketeer
Lets hear suggestions for what to do during your mid day break. The following is a list I have for everyone in our group to pick from. All are things we would like to do and are not very strenuous. Of course, anyone that needs the flat out NAP can go to the room and do so. (I guess this depends alot on if you stay on or off site)

1 - Rent 'water mice'
2 - Ride the Monorail.
3 - Hotel Pool
4 - Water Park
5 - Go check out the camp sites (or resort of interest)
6 - Tom Sawyer Island

Lets hear yours now!!!!

We usually come back to the room about 2pm, grab some food from the food court and bring it up to our room to relax for a little while. I also like to change my socks and take my shoes off to rest my feet from the heat and walking. After that we might take a quick nap and then back out to the park for some fun until the wee hours. :D Breaking up the day is so nice because our fun doesn't get spoiled by being cranky from the heat or being tired. :)

fetch.dll

<font face="comic sans ms" font color=#9900FF font size="4"><marquee direction="right" align="middle" behavior="alternate">Disneyworld, were dreams really do come true!!</marquee> </font>

<font face="comic sans ms" font color=#3333FF>All Star Movies May 1999 </font>
<font face="comic sans ms" font color=#FF66FF>All Star Movies May 2000</font

Well...in our family the choice is almost always the resort pool. That's the kids choice...but I don't mind that either. We always take the afternoon break...that way we're all in much better shape for an enjoyable evening. Sometimes I'll take off without the kids and check out the other resorts.

**2001**
Next trip March 20-26th All-Star Movies
1975 Polynesian
1978 Polynesian
1987 Day Trip to Epcot
1998 All-Star Sports

DH ALWAYS does a nap - he is not as in shape as I and DH and is physically pretty pooped by mid-day (especially as the week progresses!). I join my daughter at the quiet pool and swim for about a half hour (rest on the lounge chair for another 30 to 45 minutes) while DD swims till her skin is puckered! Surprisingly this is all it takes to get really refreshed! Getting your shoes off for an hour or so and off your feet does wonders for your physical (and spiritual) wellbeing. If we are going to have a late night (i.e. it is E-ride night!) I will actually do a nap after the swim and insist the DD do the same - it is usually short (I don't sleep mid day well) but ensures we are ready for a long night.

As for the other stuff to do at the resort. I actually plan for at least one early evening where we eat at the restaurant at the resort and check out the cool stuff to do there - that is when we take advantage of the other activities offered. This upcoming trip I am planning a long afternoon/early evening day at the resort. We get to DXL from the parks about 11:30 am - have lunch at the food court and then plan to spend the afternoon fishing at the fish'in hole and swimming in the main pool, might hop to the swimming pool at Port Orleans French Quarter etc. Then we have a dinner at Boatwrights before heading to an evening activity. Built this into the week towards the end - when I know we will be getting physically a little weary AND because by then we will have seen stuff and know what it is we are most interested in doing.

Disneyland - several times - most recent 1998
CBR - 2000
DXL - 2001

If I don't go back to my hotel, I stop at one of those sinful candy stores, buy a caramel apple, or a Rice Krispie treat, and find a park bench in the shade, and park myself for a nice long time. I eat my goodies, do a little people watching, massage my feet, until I'm ready to join the crowd. :cool:

anithemeparks.gif

<font size="2"><font color="#F0000"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
<marquee>Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font></font)

If it is a cloudy day, try one of the minature golf spots. We did this last year and they are not crowded at all in the afternoon. The clouds keep it from being too hot because you are out in the open most of the time. The Fantasia one by The Swan & Dolphin is neat but a little difficult. The Winter/Summerland ones by Blizzard Beach are cute and easier. We've done them all and have a lot of fun!

MinnieN

While DH most of the time takes a nap ( he's the biggest baby ) the kids and I head for the pool and that's our break, we love doing that!! Then we get ready for our late night out!

DH lays in the room to cool off and watch ESPN. He thinks his teams will fall off the face of the earth during vacation if he doesn't keep up! DD and I head for the pool and DS varies between the two options. We love those little breaks, they do so much to get you back on track for the evening tour.

We’ve never taken a break mid day since we start a little later in the morning. This will be our first time trying to be at park opens so I appreciate reading all the ideas...going to use them in less than 2 weeks!!!

Head back to the room for pool time or nap time or both... We started this when our girls were little, and kept to it to it.. Honestly it gave them a chance to burn off some energy, to make them tired enough to nap for a couple of hours. Which would make for a better night for all of us. DH would sleep too... me I would cat nap, but just getting off my feet for a couple of hours was good for me.

Now that we are empty nester, sometimes we just want to cool off, we might head over to one of the resorts, grab a snack and sit down and enjoy our little treat and people watch for a hour or so, then depending on if we are ready or not to head back into the park. Sometimes we will catch the monorail, and move over one resort and do the same thing, or head over to the board walk resorts and do the same thing.

To really enjoy your vacation you should try a little bit of down time, for us thats part of vacation.

Make it a goal to ride the waterways in WDW. MK day, ride the boat to all the hotels. Sit in each lobby and soak it in. Grab a coffee/tea or cocktail and relax in these great lobbies around the loop.
Epcot day? Stroll the boardwalk after taking the ferry to it. Get some ice cream and hang out a bit.
AKL day? No boat but a really super short buss ride to obviously AKLodge. So much to see and do there and some of the best food on property.
HS day? ride the ferry to the Swan & Dolphin. Good restaurants and steps away from Fantasia mini golf.
Rent a power boat at one of the docks and scoot around for fun.
MK day? go to FTW and rent a canoe or horseback ride.
Go to AoA and take an animation/drawing class.
Ride the monorail if you aren't a boat person and stop at each hotel.

We just do whatever we are in the mood to do, that might involve resting or napping in the room, going to the pool, resort hopping or just finding a quiet place in the parks and sitting for awhile. We don't plan anything so planning a break and what to do during the break would be counter productive to us.

waterparks and mouseboats are not very restful for us, so nope on those.... we don't go back or nap, but I like to leave park sometimes midday if I'm tired to the nearest resort.... get a snack and relax on a beach chair or something....or just in a lobby.... there's usually plenty of room to do this just about anywhere at the resorts midday.If I don't leave a park, I sometimes do a snack break,find a quiet place to sit and people watch while I chill out in the park somewhere

My favorite mid-day break is a Dole Whip Float if I'm in MK, or an adult Dole Whip if I'm in AK. Yum. And even better now that Aloha Isle allows remote ordering.

We usually just sit and people watch at the parks if we need a break. Grab a snack, find a bench, and take a break. Watch a show or schedule a TS meal in the day. Of course, we aren't usually up early in the parks and often don't need a break. We did something different this trip for the night of the Halloween party. We stayed at the hotel and the kids went swimming. They enjoyed it but they were tired from swimming!! I think you do whatever works for your family and your situation. We don't like leaving the parks (too much involved - transportation, etc.) but others swear by this method.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter