Mid September, off-site , mid day break???

blakefamily

Mouseketeer
We havent been to WDW since January 2021. We are heavily considering a mid September trip, staying at either Orange Lake or Bonnet Creek ( RCI exchange) and getting the 3 day magic ticket and a MNSSHP night. Daughter also wants to do atleast 1 day at UO and a volcano bay day. Likely staying 7 nights. When staying offsite in the past we havent done mid day breaks, but thinking it may be necessary with the heat. Anyone done mid day breaks offiste ? Tips/ thoughts ?

Bonnet Creek is closer to most of the theme parks than Old Key West. It won't be a problem, we do it all the time. Full disclosure: we are not open-close park people more or less ever.

Orange Lake is a little farther, but still doable.

UNIVERSAL too, then hands down Bonnet Creek for location.

Disney breaks are very easy to do, not so much for Universal.

Personally unless you open the park and willing to close a park the breaks can really eat up lots of time, in transport alone. We travel annually during the Sept/Oct time frame and what we do is book our heavier meal/ADR in the middle of the day/heat. Take our time and have a relaxing air conditioned meal. That usually gives us the boost to keep on keeping on. Then dinner we do whatever we feel like ~ quick service, just a snack if lunch was big or even head out early if we have accomplished our day, sometimes taking evening swims to relax before bed.

My advice is to do onsite at Universal. Any resort with boat transportation will be more than welcomed during the middle of the day. I would investigate those resorts at UOR and, depending on budget, pick one of them.

If doing VB, then I think Aventura is perfect. It has a separate entrance at the back of their pool/hot tub area. It's my go to resort for best value and transportation while staying at UOR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter