Mid-September Souvie Update (9/18)

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
It’s HalloweenTime! We just got to the Parks last night.

• Oogie Boogie Popcorn Bucket with Red Base: Last year’s Oogie Boogie Bucket is readily available throughout DL. It’s the premium Bucket at all of the stands I’ve seen (Town Square, Hub, Frontierland, NOS, BVS, Hyperion).
  • Green Apple Stein: Also readily available through out DL and DCA. You can get it with fruits (MS Fruit Cart), ice cream (Gibson Girl and Clarabelle's), soda (Plaza Inn). Price varies depending on where you buy it.
  • Green Apple Glow Cube: Available at Mint Julep Bar, Jolly Holiday, Lucky Fortune Cookery.
  • Halloween Travel Mug: Pretty much anywhere where drinks are sold.
  • Round Halloween Popcorn Bucket: Pretty much anywhere Popcorn is sold. DL has the Halloween logo and DCA features Oogie.
  • Headless Horseman Glow Clip & Straw: Seems to be available at a lot of CS locations. I saw it at Plaza Inn, Jolly Holiday, Refreshment Corner, Cocina, etc.
  • Coco Jarrita: Rancho did not have it, but Cocina Cucamonga had them. They're ceramic!
  • Tire Pumpkin Straw Glow Topper: Available at many of the Cozy Cones.
  • Purple Apple Glow Cube: Available only at the Carthay Circle Lounge and Restaurant with the specialty martini.
IMG_20180918_144238_zpsdcockza8.jpg

In terms of the non-novelty items...
  • MS Starbucks had the Adventureland and NOS YAH mugs and the Fantasyland ornament.
  • Slinky Dog earband is here! I saw it the hat shop on MS.
  • The new Maleficient earband and the Coco earbands are also available.
  • Rainbow Spirit Jerseys were available at the Emporium and Clothier.
On a side note, for those that are going to use mobile order to order food in advance, be aware that the system does not reserve the item for you. So if they sell out of the item before your window arrives or before you arrive, you won’t know until you go to pick up your order. The CM told me they know that’s a limitation with the system and she thinks IT was working on it, but didn’t know if or when it would be fixed.

The parks opened at 9:00 am and we got there a little after 9. Harbor side security was back to bus stop 1. They were trying to keep the lines organized. No Bag line was in the middle. Bags include large wallets with zippers.

Cafe Orleans: No gumbo! The current (only) seasonal soup is the corn chowder. :(

Food Guides: We found it the time boards. There is only one guide; one side is for DL and the other side us for DCA.

Last edited:
Paradise Garden Grill has the Coco Jarrita, Green Apple Stein, Headless Horseman Clip, and Halloween Travel Mug.

The Frozen Lemonade Stand near the Golden Zephyr has the Nemo cup (I didn't see Dory) and Elastigirl Straw.

Last edited:
Just a reminder too that the highly anticipated poison cauldron popcorn bucket makes its debut at DLR starting tomorrow.

Thank you so much for posting this! It is so helpful. Halloween Time is hectic enough as it is. Merchandise hunting just adds to the hysteria, so these posts really help make our park trips more efficient. :)
For anyone wanting the purple poison apple glow cube at Carthay Circle Lounge, but not wanting any alcohol: you can ask for the glow cube in a non-alcoholic beverage. You will pay the appletini price, but you don't have to have an alcoholic beverage to get the glow cube.

I really want the cauldron bucket but doubt it will be there next Saturday :( That's the next time I'll have time to go

I really want the cauldron bucket but doubt it will be there next Saturday :( That's the next time I'll have time to go

I think you might be okay if you’re going next Saturday (9/29). The Oogie Boogie bucket last year was released on the first day of Halloweentime (9/15/2017) and although they seemed to sell out on a daily basis, they were restocked frequently until early October when they finally sold out for the season. I can’t recall a bigger popcorn bucket craze than Boogie last year, and it was at least 2 weeks until they were completely gone. This is just my gut feeling but I think Disney this year ordered more stock of their novelty items. Companies like Disney and Funko know what their fans want to buy, and even from last year to this year, they’ve produced more of the type of products that would normally sell out fast because they know they’ll sell more if they make more (and eventually sell out anyway.) I would bet you’ll get one when you’re there in a week and a half.

I think you might be okay if you’re going next Saturday (9/29). The Oogie Boogie bucket last year was released on the first day of Halloweentime (9/15/2017) and although they seemed to sell out on a daily basis, they were restocked frequently until early October when they finally sold out for the season. I can’t recall a bigger popcorn bucket craze than Boogie last year, and it was at least 2 weeks until they were completely gone. This is just my gut feeling but I think Disney this year ordered more stock of their novelty items. Companies like Disney and Funko know what their fans want to buy, and even from last year to this year, they’ve produced more of the type of products that would normally sell out fast because they know they’ll sell more if they make more (and eventually sell out anyway.) I would bet you’ll get one when you’re there in a week and a half.
I hope so. I may try and drive down Saturday but I will have to fight afternoon LA traffic to get there :worried:...if not, then next week it is !

Ohhh..I am excited to hear that the Coco Jarrita is ceramic! It is high on my list! Now, I just have to hope I can snag a few in a couple weeks. Thanks for this post, it is most helpful!

I’m really hoping for the cauldron bucket when we go in 3 weeks! But I’ll be happy with either Oogie if not. They were sold out when we went last year. One of my must haves is the Starbucks Adventureland mugs. I love the Starbucks mugs and need a Disney one!

Is the new Maleficent earband you mentioned different then last years?

Poison Apple Cauldron is available in DL.

Oogie Boogie is available in DCA and the NOS popcorn stand.

Oh my gosh thank you for those!! And I love that hat on Figment! So crazy cute!!
I want that popcorn bucket more than I would have ever thought I would want a random popcorn bucket. Just gotta be in stock on Monday. I'm almost there. And yes, I'm buying that before we do anything else, just in case!
NBC is my favorite movie, but I just don't care for the Oogie buckets. Maybe in person I'll feel differently. But right now it's all about the cauldron and everything else with the poison drip on it! That will look cool open with all three glowing ice cubes inside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter