Mid-week at OKW

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi all
We have now 1/2 way through our trip to OKW. Our 2-bedroom is huge and the resort is beuatiful but after much comparison and discussion, I don't think that OKW will be the DVC for our purchase.
It is a bit too spacious for us having a disabled child. This week we have been caught in the rain walking to the gfit shop/ resturant a number of times. The quiet pools aren't in walking distance and it doesn't seem like us.
We have now stayed at Beach Club, Boardwalk and OKW. Beach Club was too loud in the halls and overhead as we are all light-sleepers. But we likedthe fact that the building is connected to the actual building with gift shop, resturant concierge etc. Also it is a short walk to the main pool and the quiet pool is just that.... quiet!
Boardwalk is also a building that is connected to the main areas and short walk to the pools. Also the community hall is right on the deck of the quiet pool making activities easy to come by. And there is always something to do on the Boardwalk.... so
After much deliberation, I believe we have decided that we will buy into Boardwalk but not til the spring of 2006. It is easier and more convienent when one has a 100% dependent child who is getting bigger and heacier by the year!
However, our choice would not have been possible had it not been for 3 DVCers who rented my family points for 3 trips over the past 18 months.
Thank you for your kindness, advice and help.
:cool1:

I think that having to go outside for the restaurants/stores at the BW is rather inconvenient too. We were there just this past weekend, and I was caught in downpours a few times, just doing that. However, I'm glad that there IS a DVC that suits you and your family. I can't wait to welcome you HOME! We'll be neighbors, we're BWV owners as well.

Bobbi :flower:

PS. Have a great second half of your vacation!!! :Pinkbounc

Wow!! You are really doing your research!! Im glad you found a great fit for your family.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!

I am glad you are getting to "try out" before you decide where to buy! Isn't it funny how impressions can be different depending on a trip taken? We were just at Beach Club and loved it. However, while we were there we heard NO noises at night, and the "quiet pool" was often rocking -- full of noisy people having fun well past 11pm! We loved Stormalong Bay but my parents found the walk to that pool "too far" and so we are back to OKW for our March trip!

DVC has something for everyone. I am now a big Beach Club Villas fan, but I also ADORE Old Key West. It's nice to have the flexibility. Glad you are enjoying your trip.

I would in your situation go for VWL.

It is smaller so less walking.

everything and I mean everything is near by.

you are closer to the arcade and gift shop than some in the main lodge (the hotel rooms).

you can get uncover to all the facilties at WL.

the bus stop is directly in front of this building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter