Mid-week rental difficulty

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
Anyone else arrive/leave Orlando mid-week and have difficulty finding accommodations. Staying at a Disney Resort is not in the budget for this trip as we are bringing along 3 extra teenagers (8 people total), so we would need 2 rooms for 2 weeks. Most resorts with 3 bedroom units only allow for rentals starting on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I know that Bonnet Creek rents from mid-week to mid-week, but the cost for a 3 bedroom for Spring break is pretty high. I was considering a townhouse rental, but I contacted a few owners who said they would prefer to rent Saturday to Saturday since they would be 'stuck' with a Saturday to Wednesday at the beginning of our rental and a Wednesday to Saturday at the end - essentially they would be using 3 weeks of potential occupancy for a 2 week rental. I'm sure that if I contact enough townhome owners, I could likely find someone willing to rent mid-week, but it probably wouldn't be one of my first choice rentals.

Any ideas?

We rented a 3-bedroom townhome in Windsor Hills from this company. I almost discounted them because they used to only do Saturday to Saturday rentals, but I emailed them and was told they no longer have that rule. We were set on an 8 night stay because we want to spend 1 day at each park with rest/pool days in between. I haven't gone on my trip yet so can't give personal experience, but they seem to get decent reviews:
http://vacationcentralflorida.com/

We got a great deal on a 3 bedroom condo that was less than a value resort one year through Vacation Rental By Owner www.vrbo.com

We rented a 3-bedroom townhome in Windsor Hills from this company. I almost discounted them because they used to only do Saturday to Saturday rentals, but I emailed them and was told they no longer have that rule. We were set on an 8 night stay because we want to spend 1 day at each park with rest/pool days in between. I haven't gone on my trip yet so can't give personal experience, but they seem to get decent reviews:
http://vacationcentralflorida.com/

yea - he send an email out explaining the new policy.

Try sending out a general query at Windsorhillsrent.com We've always received dozens of replies using this and have always booked this way.

We have done timeshares through skyauction. The booking was Saturday to Saturday but we arrived or checked out on a different day. As long as you were paid up, they didn't care. And with their travel certificates, it is so cheap you don't mind paying for days you don't actually use.

We like Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista. You can get a 2 bedroom unit that has two beds in each bedroom and a sofabed in the living room. So, you can get up to 5 beds. This room is like an apartment. You have a kitchen. There are two bathrooms. You get a wonderful included breakfast. They have shuttles to the parks, but with a very limited time schedule. Pool is decent.

If you have AAA you can get a discount. There are senior rates.

What dates during spring break are you looking for?

We will be in Orlando March 6-20, so we might end up staying at a Disney resort for a few days if we can't find a rental that doesn't start on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

We will be in Orlando March 6-20, so we might end up staying at a Disney resort for a few days if we can't find a rental that doesn't start on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.
What price range are you looking at. Orange Lake has 3 bedrooms dieing those days

Marriott Lakeshore has 3 bedroom town homes that can be rented by the day. You could do a split stay too.

Anyone else arrive/leave Orlando mid-week and have difficulty finding accommodations. Staying at a Disney Resort is not in the budget for this trip as we are bringing along 3 extra teenagers (8 people total), so we would need 2 rooms for 2 weeks. Most resorts with 3 bedroom units only allow for rentals starting on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. I know that Bonnet Creek rents from mid-week to mid-week, but the cost for a 3 bedroom for Spring break is pretty high. I was considering a townhouse rental, but I contacted a few owners who said they would prefer to rent Saturday to Saturday since they would be 'stuck' with a Saturday to Wednesday at the beginning of our rental and a Wednesday to Saturday at the end - essentially they would be using 3 weeks of potential occupancy for a 2 week rental. I'm sure that if I contact enough townhome owners, I could likely find someone willing to rent mid-week, but it probably wouldn't be one of my first choice rentals.

Any ideas?

Try Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa. I didn't have trouble booking a Thursday arrival. They have everything from a one bedroom suite , up to five bedrooms/ five baths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter