Midwest Dismeet 2018

As of right now, still waiting on DD to make a decision about 21st birthday plans

The Midwest meet is growing slightly. Our good friends, who are honorary DIS meet members after attending the DIS meet at GSP last year, are joining me (us) at Clinton Lake. They are in site 7, next to me.

Hopefully others can make it, camping or visiting for the day (Hi! Melissa)

j

Jim and Joe, we apologize, my bad, but I needed to look at my not filled-in Calendar. About 30+ Schilling relatives are having our 2nd annual camping reunion at Smokey Hollow in Lodi, Wisconsin that same week/weekend. Way way back in March, we booked four nights, and I just put that in the back of mind, not putting in our calendar. Since Bill and his siblings are the “old ones” now, we want to be there. Great to see first and now 2nd cousins interact and get to know each other. How did I remember? when the Group Chat started remindining us that Thursday night camping is Luau Days, and Friday, homemade pizza on the grill. Our dinner that night! I will read your stories and wish we could have been there. Have a great time.

Barb,

Sorry we are going to miss you this trip. The family reunion sounds fun too. We will check out Clinton Lake and see if it is a nice place for next time.

j

So glad U all had fun. Hopefully y’all can meet in May @ Gulf Shores. I am sure you have heard we are trying a get together @ The Fort 2019 or 2020. Hope to meet someone with our trip to the Fort in Nov/Dec 2018.

When are you at the Fort in December? We are there the first week of December before moving to the Grand. My kids are so excited to be going back to the Fort, it's the favorite over all the resorts! LOL

Calling all DIS friends in the Midwest. Barb, Joe, Melissa...

I'm going to try getting another camping weekend in before we have to winterize. I just booked a October 19-21 at Clinton Lake, outside of Decatur, Il. I am in Loop J, site 1. It is a 30 amp electric site only, but I shouldn't need both A/Cs and carry enough water for a weekend.

Anyone that would like to join us, the whole loop was open when I booked a few minutes ago.

Reserve America

j

Calling all DIS friends in the Midwest. Barb, Joe, Melissa...

I'm going to try getting another camping weekend in before we have to winterize. I just booked a October 19-21 at Clinton Lake, outside of Decatur, Il. I am in Loop J, site 1. It is a 30 amp electric site only, but I shouldn't need both A/Cs and carry enough water for a weekend.

Anyone that would like to join us, the whole loop was open when I booked a few minutes ago.

Reserve America

j

Jim, I will take a look. Yikes, that is next weekend. We were talking yesterday that one more camping trip has to happen before winterizing also. Will get back to you soon.

Jim, I will take a look. Yikes, that is next weekend. Will get back to you soon.
We'd love to see you.

On another note, we are going to Galena the first weekend in December. I was hoping you would be around. I was going to bring Donna and Ian up to see the farm.

j

Jim and Donna and Ian, we will make our Calendar for Dec. 1. Would love to have you join us. Still trying to figure out if the 19-21 works for us. We are at the mercy of the custom combining crew, but Lord knows if the rains will quit by then!! We will be in touch.

Jim and Donna and Ian, we will make our Calendar for Dec. 1. Would love to have you join us. Still trying to figure out if the 19-21 works for us. We are at the mercy of the custom combining crew, but Lord knows if the rains will quit by then!! We will be in touch.

Jim, sorry I haven't got back to you sooner, works been crazy with the weather. Unfortunately I'm on call next weekend so we will not be able to attend. Hope the weather is good for you all

No problem Joe. Hopefully work leaves you alone.

And the weather is looking pretty good. Certainly better than this weekend. Cold and rainy here.

j

Sounds nice. Would love to camp before it gets too cold. However, we are still in the field. Keep getting little bits of rain that will rain us out for 1/2 a day or day here and there, but now blue skys ahead for the next two weeks (mostly) and still have 1200 acres to go. Enjoy your one last before winter set in.

Sounds nice. However, we are still in the field. Keep getting little bits of rain that will rain us out for 1/2 a day or day here and there, but now blue skys ahead for the next two weeks (mostly) and still have 1200 acres to go. Enjoy your one last before winter set in.
No problem Melissa. I was wondering how much rain you have been getting. It was pretty dry down here until the last week. Looks like Friday rain here, but nice after that for awhile.

Have fun getting the crops in (as much "fun" as that can be). I did have fun riding in the combine at Barb and Bill's.

j

Melissa, I hear you on the rain part. Thankful we have crops, frustrated that having over 7” rain just last week, has slowed down our combining, and corn fodder bales. We need to get those made, as our oldest is having a cornea transplant the first week in November. We will need to cage him to keep him out and off all machinery. This is his 2nd, as the first one did not graft well. So, with that being said, we will also not make the DISMeet this coming weekend. I am bummed but will look forward to meeting up with you sometime next summer, Melissa. Have a great Fort trip in January, and please share your trip report. Jim, we will see you in December.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!