Military discount for veterans too?

monica9

DIS Veteran
my father has a veterans card as he was once in the army but never completed and retired in the military but served few years. Confused about the discounts and if they are good for veterans.
Thank you!
Monica​

my father has a veterans card as he was once in the army but never completed and retired in the military but served few years. Confused about the discounts and if they are good for veterans.
Thank you!
Monica​
It’s only for active duty and retired military. There aren’t discounts for those who served but did not retire military. Troop ID doesn’t have Disney discounts.

It’s only for active duty and retired military. There aren’t discounts for those who served but did not retire military. Troop ID doesn’t have Disney discounts.
Thank you. Wasn’t sure and neither was the cast member I spoke to

I was thinking mainly like Federal Govt... Dept of Homeland Security, FBI agencies of that nature

I was thinking mainly like Federal Govt... Dept of Homeland Security, FBI agencies of that nature
What about National Guard? First responders like police and fire? I'm not trying to be difficult. I just think no matter what they do, there will be equally deserving others who will then want to know why they weren't included.

Any honorably discharged vet can stay at Shades of Green during the months of September and January. Also, if you are a guest at Shades, you can purchase discounted Magic-Your-Way tickets from the attractions desk at Shades, which are not only discounted, but are also tax-free. If you book a stay for one of those months, you can advance purchase your tickets https://www.shadesofgreen.org/index.php/experiences/tours They'll send you scans of the tickets so you can link to MDE, and have them ready to hand to you upon check-in. Granted, all of that is only for those 2 months out of the year, but that's better than none.

ETA: Shades of Green MYW ticket price list

Attachments

• WDW_MYW_Tickets.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 4
Actually, you can get discounted tickets as a vet. My dad is a Vietnam vet. The discount isn't much compared to the Armed Forces Salute discount, but it is still something. It ended up being cheaper for us to use undercover tourist.

I would check out the Disney military tips mentioned by PP.

I am not trying to divert this thread, but just wanted to post a quick answer here. Although I am sure a lot of thought when into why they provide a military discount, I can say that it is a HUGE deal to military families especially when you consider their compensation, the fact that families are often separated for lengths of time, risk of their lives on a regular basis, and they move every couple of years. This is simply not the case at the Federal Govt level. I may be a tad biased here as I was a military child, I am currently a military spouse, and I was a federal government child.

Actually, you can get discounted tickets as a vet. My dad is a Vietnam vet. The discount isn't much compared to the Armed Forces Salute discount, but it is still something. It ended up being cheaper for us to use undercover tourist.

I would check out the Disney military tips mentioned by PP.

Any honorably discharged vet can stay at Shades of Green during the months of September and January. Also, if you are a guest at Shades, you can purchase discounted Magic-Your-Way tickets from the attractions desk at Shades, which are not only discounted, but are also tax-free. If you book a stay for one of those months, you can advance purchase your tickets https://www.shadesofgreen.org/index.php/experiences/tours They'll send you scans of the tickets so you can link to MDE, and have them ready to hand to you upon check-in. Granted, all of that is only for those 2 months out of the year, but that's better than none.

ETA: Shades of Green MYW ticket price list
i just went and checked out their website. That is so awesome about September and January! We qualify for that promotion and I never knew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter