Millionaire Hot Seat

bigdisneydad

Earning My Ears
I am interested in the MGM Studio's Millionaire Play IT! game, but really concerned about my size and the seating. I am 6'3" and 480 lbs. Is there another really big guy who can tell me about the seating? (Someone, who like me, hates all chair with arm rests!)

It would be especially embarassing if I got into the hot seat and it was too tight. I would rather not go to the show at all. (To make matters worse, I am currently in a foot cast. :mad: )

Thanks for any advice!

Welcome to disABILITIES.
I looked for some prictures, but couldn't find any of the hot seat.
You might try looking on this page. It's the page called WDW At Large on the allearsnet website. I didn't see anything on that page or their photo page about the hot seat, but you may find something if you search around.

I know on the televised version they can either remove the arms or have a hot seat without arms. They may have the same thing at the WDW version.

Carol

You won't find any pictures of that attraction (unless they're in Disney materials) because you aren't allowed to take pictures in there. The CMs go swooping down on people who get their cameras out.

I can't remember what the seat looks like, but I do know that you can decline going up there if you do come in first place and don't want to participate. When they call out your seat number, just use your hands to gesture that you don't want to participate. People do it all the time since you are only allowed to go to the hot seat once in a specific time period (I think it's 30 days).

Originally posted by Kermit
You won't find any pictures of that attraction (unless they're in Disney materials) because you aren't allowed to take pictures in there. The CMs go swooping down on people who get their cameras out.

If you do get into the hot seat, CMs will let you take a picture after you sign you life away & the audience seats are empty & there is no host. At least that is how it was for my husband in December.

I went to Millionaire at MGM and was please to find that the audience seats do not have arm rests. With just a little effort, I was able to secure aisle seats both times and so was relatively comfortable. The hot seat did have arm rests, but unfortunately I didn't make it in so that wasn't a problem. Thanks to all who posted!

Thanks for reporting back.
maybe next time you will make it into the hot seat (and then you can let us know whether the armrests fold up or not). :bounce:

i made it to the hot seat last june, but unfortunately cannot remember what the seat was like. it was all a blur. although i do not have weight/size issues, i do have mobility issues, and i remember that i couldn't walk to the seat very well. the flooring, with all the lights blinking and spinning, made me very unsure of my footing and i had to have the arm of one of the cm's to get there. and i seem to remember that the seat was kind of high up and i had a little trouble getting into it, but once there, things were ok.
(missed the 32,000 question--love my 1,000 hat!)

dj

I just checked the picture I have of my son in there, (they let me shoot it). The covers are on the chairs, but it definately looks like they have arms.

The Hot Seat has armrests. In Jan, I was in a Gel-cast (sprained ankle). When I made it to the Hot Seat I needed DH for support to walk up to the chair. I then used the armrest to get up into the chair.

There seemed to be plenty of room sitting in the seat, but I'm kinda petite so can't give a good answer on whether you'll fit.

Don't let that stop you from going to WWTBAM though! When I ended up in the Hot Seat I was third on the list. The first two people declined. Go and enjoy! If you make it to the Hot Seat and don't feel comfortable going up, just decline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter