Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to adjust my race plan for the half marathon. Between starting a new job and being sick and rundown the past couple weeks, my training has suffered. I thought I was getting better and have done a few shorter runs in that timeframe, but today I feel lousy again. The obnoxious heat we've been having, working in a 90-degrees non-air conditioned school, and being around 50 kindergarteners isn't helping. I know I can finish the half, but I'm not confident a PR will happen. At least not a significant one. I am so upset because my training had been going so well. :(

Looking at booking a hotel for Saturday night now. Anyone have advise on a hotel(s) walking distance to the 10k starting line?
I was looking at the Westin and the Residence inn. We will have a car so packet pickup day before is no problem. I just want to be able to have my family and I all walk to the start/finish area.

Looking at booking a hotel for Saturday night now. Anyone have advise on a hotel(s) walking distance to the 10k starting line?
I was looking at the Westin and the Residence inn. We will have a car so packet pickup day before is no problem. I just want to be able to have my family and I all walk to the start/finish area.
Wish I could help more. Since I live here I have never stayed in a hotel downtown.

Wish I could help more. Since I live here I have never stayed in a hotel downtown.

I used to live there for one summer long time ago (nights dancing at the Ale House) but yeah, staying at hotels not so much. Looks like the Residence is a .6 mile walk on mostly flat ground per google maps. I may try that first. Anyone else with suggestions just let me know :)

The Iron Horse Hotel is right there.

Ok, I booked and can cancel up through 10/12 so I'll keep looking for any better rates (cause that's what I do.) And if not, I got a place :)

Kind of intrigued by the Harley museum for the expo :)

Thanks for the reminder run MKE email.

ZK8BQMW0MIqN_VexMfvIwRxOg42Pgv9e_iwbtdp4h6y2QzG4Wd-carO1QDggZpq_Tz82J7Ywg3xY5VEcnIvyo6FuxXhp07ePHQdcX8r6B09rqoMyHxX2P2NOSXce2TuoSdoSKq3DH67P8DN0yJtzgD25XPvlbfwTvkxgijI=s0-d-e1-ft

I just saw all the hotel and race outfit discussion! Will add my two cents:

1. @roxymama - hotels: New Westin looks nice. Was just there for the Lakefront expo and bad expo experience aside, the actual hotel looks like a good option. The Kimpton Journeyman is great. Friends of ours used it for their wedding and everyone enjoyed. That's really the best location - right in the middle of the 3rd Ward and looks like .6 from the start. We've been to the Iron Horse restaurant and bar several times, and I like it for that purpose, but the location is not my favorite.

2. Pretty sure I'm going badger for race outfit. Actually, it's the exact same thing I wear to go Minnie at Disney. :)

Since I can just walk from my hotel, I'd like to meet up with the folks heading off for the half marathon before us. So I'm ok coming down early. I don't know the lay of the land as well as others though for meeting spots.
My hubby and kiddo will be tagging along to cheer for the finishers so they may or may not be there as early as me.
I'll probably post here when I'm about to the expo on Sat in case I overlap with anyone there.

Since I can just walk from my hotel, I'd like to meet up with the folks heading off for the half marathon before us. So I'm ok coming down early. I don't know the lay of the land as well as others though for meeting spots.
My hubby and kiddo will be tagging along to cheer for the finishers so they may or may not be there as early as me.
I'll probably post here when I'm about to the expo on Sat in case I overlap with anyone there.

I could probably be there as early as 5:45 am. @opusone, @*DisneyDreamer and @pixarmom as our HM runners when do you think you'll show up to the start area?

I can be there that early if that's what you all decide. Or later if you decide that too.
It may be hard to find me so I'll be wearing this shirt. I think the W stands for when the Blackhawks Win?

71EOPuBeeTL._SY355_.jpg

Sorry @rteetz that I don't have the cajones to rock the orange and blue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter