Minnie Mouse: The Main Attraction

For anyone who struggled this morning, log back in and check now. I just looked on ShopDisney and I was able to log in no problem, and I don't see any of the collection as "sold out". Caveat: I added ears to my bag, but I did not actually check out, so I can't speak to whether the site crashes at that point or not. It could have simply been the site was overwhelmed first thing.

Unfortunately, although the plush appears to be available, I can’t actually proceed to checkout. I did call the ShopDisney Guest Service line and they said that stores may still receive a limited amount of the April release when they reopen but it’s not entirely clear on their end and many of the people on the retail side were furloughed so they don’t have a clear line of communication. They should have the normal amount of items for the March release (which doesn’t really help me since I got the March plush and I know I won’t be lucky enough to get the March ears), but they don’t know about April.

I feel bad for the Guest Services cast members, the woman I spoke to sounded extremely defensive like she’s already been yelled at quite a bit today. Not something I would do because I know it’s not her fault that the website is garbage and the world is upside down.

In the end, I know it’s just a plush but I was really hoping I could get them all. Oh well.

People are already selling on ebay. It's annoying. Just let people buy them!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 1.24.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 1.24.26 PM.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 10

Yeah, this morning was super frustrating. I logged in 5 mintues before drop time, and the website was already bugging out. I stayed the course, and finally 1.5 hours later I was able to get a mug! I have never spent that much time on a website to buy just one thing. I was about to give up, but also noticed that Ebay had preorders set around $200+ for the mug. Insane!!! That gave me motivation to give it one last shot, and thankfully it worked.

I should note that when I clicked 'submit' for my order, it hung up for about 20 seconds, and then went to a white screen with the message, "sorry couldn't process your order." The only reason I know my order was completed and went through, is that I got a text message from my Sephora credit card saying a purchase was made on ShopDisney for xxx amount of $$. And I also got an order conformation from Disney shortly thereafter.

Phew, I hope every month isn't like this! So far I've got 4/12 mugs, and cross fingers I'll get the whole collection.

So . . . for those who have gone through this before, I have some questions in preparing for the May sale. My wife likes the Tiki room stuff, but it looks like I'm going to have to get awfully lucky to get anything. So as not to slow myself down that morning and go as quickly as possible, one thing I'm wondering - does the Disney Visa 10% discount work? I'm not sure if it's even worth the 10% to risk losing it by putting in the code, but I certainly don't want to bother if it doesn't work. Also, will it be easy to find them? When I go to the Main Attraction page, it shows the pictures, etc., but when you go to shop, it just takes you EVERYTHING Minnie Mouse (700+ items) and not to the Main Attraction stuff. I realize there's none available right now, so is it different the morning of release? My wife will be at work, so I'm going to be trying on my own and having to scramble quickly.

So . . . for those who have gone through this before, I have some questions in preparing for the May sale. My wife likes the Tiki room stuff, but it looks like I'm going to have to get awfully lucky to get anything. So as not to slow myself down that morning and go as quickly as possible, one thing I'm wondering - does the Disney Visa 10% discount work? I'm not sure if it's even worth the 10% to risk losing it by putting in the code, but I certainly don't want to bother if it doesn't work. Also, will it be easy to find them? When I go to the Main Attraction page, it shows the pictures, etc., but when you go to shop, it just takes you EVERYTHING Minnie Mouse (700+ items) and not to the Main Attraction stuff. I realize there's none available right now, so is it different the morning of release? My wife will be at work, so I'm going to be trying on my own and having to scramble quickly.
1) I honestly don’t remember at the moment but the Disney Visa discount doesn’t usually apply to LE items. I can say with 100% certainty it doesn’t work for keys and dolls but I can’t remember if it works for Main Attraction stuff. It’s kind of weird because they don’t really advertise them as LE, even though they clearly are with how quickly everything sells out, but they’re not a numbered edition type of LE. Hopefully someone with a better memory can chime in.
2) After 7am Pacific Time, the Main Attraction items will show at the beginning of the Minnie Mouse merchandise. For this last release, however, the site was so bogged down that I didn’t even see the new merchandise until 7:08am PT, which put me at a significant disadvantage to even be able to check out.

This month turned out to be just as disappointing. Logged in - got a "virtual waiting room" and figured "GREAT! they've addressed the problems!" HAHAHHAAAA NOPE. My turn came and the ears were already sold out - 6 minutes after the sale opened and 15 seconds after my "turn".

I was able to get through to the payment screen but I’ve got the spinning blue wheel now which 99% of the time means my order won’t go through. Would have thought the virtual queue would help eliminate that. *sigh*

I've got two things in my cart but it just shows the spinning blue circle every time I click checkout. Is there any hope it will eventually work or does this mean everything is gone?

I've got two things in my cart but it just shows the spinning blue circle every time I click checkout. Is there any hope it will eventually work or does this mean everything is gone?
I keep getting the same thing...I don't know whether to give up or not

I keep getting the same thing...I don't know whether to give up or not
I'm going to keep trying for a bit. It occasionally says things are sold out but when I re-load that goes away. Hopefully its just Disney's atrocious IT to blame.

Along the same lines here: was in the virtual waiting room by 9:59. It loaded by 10:01. No merchandise at all. At 10:04, there was actually the merchandise. I got the mug and pins loaded into my cart, with 3 other items I already had in there. It wouldn't let me checkout - nothing would happen when I clicked checkout. Finally got through to the payment screen, then it wouldn't process. Kept getting error message that it couldn't be processed, have to go through the obnoxious real person verification, same thing, repeatedly. Finally backed out, removed everything but the mug from my cart, after many tries at checkout, got through again and tried a different, non-Disney Visa card. Same thing, tried again, spinning blue wheel indefinitely. Went back, added the other items back in, trying Disney Visa again, spinning blue wheel (after having to hit checkout about 100 times), so who the hell knows. I believe this will be the only time that I even attempt this - not dealing with it again. It's just not worth it.

Did I miss something about timing and when this stuff was supposed to go live? I tried to shop at 7AM and 8AM PST, no Minnie merchandise showing up. . . Finally I went back to sleep and just tired when I woke up naturally at 9:11AMCST. Same as everyone, just got in and nothing.

Did I miss something about timing and when this stuff was supposed to go live? I tried to shop at 7AM and 8AM PST, no Minnie merchandise showing up. . . Finally I went back to sleep and just tired when I woke up naturally at 9:11AMCST. Same as everyone, just got in and nothing.
I think you may be mixed up with the time zones (from getting up too early maybe?). 7:00 Pacific time would be 10:00 am here on the east coast, and 9:00 central. It will be 8:00 in Pacific time zone in another 10 minutes.

It went up at about 7:05 pacific time, but the site is a disaster. I'm able to get to the payment part of the app but is just shows a spinning blue circle every time. I'm sure bots have scooped it all up and now the items are on eBay for at least a 100% markup.

Had the doll in my cart in the first 30 seconds. Went to check out while the husband tried to get the other items on a different account. I got to the payment page and it would not let me go beyond that point. Final gave up after 45 minutes. They need to fix their site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!