Minnie van new pricing

The only time the Minnie Van might be worth it to me now is to get to MK. Uber and Lyft cannot drop off at the bus depot, so you do get that convenience with the Minnie Van. The only reason we did it that day is because we wanted to get to MK as quickly as possible. Even then you could still take a Lyft to the Contemporary and walk the short distance over to MK. It would still be a lot cheaper.

Looking right now, a Minnie Van from Beach Club, where we stayed in January would be $31. Regular Lyft to the Contemporary is $9.

Don't bet on the Lyft to CR...they have gotten stricter at the gates at many of the Deluxe resorts and I've seen reports that they have scanned MBs of passengers of ride shares.

Also, getting to Ft.Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo is better with the Minni Vans because they are allowed to drive up by Pioneer Hall. Uber and Lyft are not.

Don't bet on the Lyft to CR...they have gotten stricter at the gates at many of the Deluxe resorts and I've seen reports that they have scanned MBs of passengers of ride shares.

Also, getting to Ft.Wilderness for Hoop Dee Doo is better with the Minni Vans because they are allowed to drive up by Pioneer Hall. Uber and Lyft are not.
Couldn't you just get out at the security post?

I don't think paying $30-40 dollars to get anywhere on Disney property makes sense.

It has to be cheaper to bring your own car, even with parking fees at that point! If you need to use a Minnie Van due to car seats and can't take Disney transportation, imagine how much money you will spend a day, going to from and especially if you go multiple places!!!

crazy....

I've used the Minnie Vans a few times like when we needed to get somewhere for a reservation early or from resort to resort. We have three kids (2 need carseats) and generally travel with my handicapped mom who uses a scooter so Uber/Lyft doesn't work for us. Disney sends out two vans for us. We don't bring a car; however, I would never exclusively use this service. If I didn't want to mainly use the buses, I would definitely rent a car.

The only benefit really is Minnie Vans have access to areas not available to normal Uber or Lyft vehicals. So your paying to be closer to where your going plus full access.

The only benefit really is Minnie Vans have access to areas not available to normal Uber or Lyft vehicals. So your paying to be closer to where your going plus full access.

That and car seats. Most normal Uber/Lyft drivers don't have car seats.

That and car seats. Most normal Uber/Lyft drivers don't have car seats.

Lyft doesn't at all, except for Minnie Vans. They only have car seats in NYC. Uber has a car seat, so only one. From MCO, it is about $15-20 for an UberXL with car seat (runs around $50) vs regular Uber.

Don't remember which WDW site I saw it on, but somebody did a trip from DS to Contemporary Resort and using Lyft Minnie was about twice as expensive as a regular Lyft, and about 30% more than a LyftXL (bigger vehicle for up to 6 people).

Don't forget the back of Fort Wilderness as well. For us, we need a car seat, so an Uber or regular Lyft are not an option
We

We bring our car, but if you are pressed for time to get to Magic Kingdom (ex. Early Morning Magic) and a bus isn't coming right away, I will and have paid for a Minnie Van. We also plan to take it to and from Fort Wilderness in December when we go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ and to Beach Club when we have an ADR at Chef de France. And there are times we are just plain tired and getting a Minnie Van is worth it to us rather than wait for a bus with a toddler. Do we take it everyday? No way, not in our budget. But the convenience factor, knowing what we are getting are all reasons why we sometimes use it.
I'm sorry, your posts do not make any sense. You said you have your own vehicle, yet your reasoning to pay $30+ (multiple times) is because you need a car seat, to get to other resorts, and to get to MK early. Then just drive.

I'm sorry, your posts do not make any sense. You said you have your own vehicle, yet your reasoning to pay $30+ (multiple times) is because you need a car seat, to get to other resorts, and to get to MK early. Then just drive.
I think their point is that they were running late, and if you're trying to get to the MK quickly, you don't want to park in the parking lot (also known as Georgia) and then take a tram and then take a monorail to get to the park.

Wife refuses to get in an Uber or Lyft following all the bad press they've been getting in London.

So, getting resort to resort for dining reservation a mini van is best option for us, but with new prices we'd think twice. Perhaps not bother with a reservation at another resort at all.

Not sure what doesn't make sense? It doesn't make sense to drive to Magic Kingdom as you have to park at the TTC. It doesn't make sense to drive to Fort Wilderness, because you have to park at the front and then take the inner bus loop to the back. It doesn't make sense to drive to Beach Club, because we wouldn't be able to park there if we are going to dinner at Epcot. So not sure why you are confused.

Sometimes we drive to the parks, sometimes we take the buses. Just depends on time of day, how we are feeling etc. I prefer not to drive to the parks because parking can be far and just inconvenient. With a 2 year old, sometimes convenience wins. The Minnie Vans are a nice option that we sometimes utilize even when we don't have to. If we have a cranky toddler in need of a nap, we get the Minnie Van.

My last trip we used the Lyft Minivans about 5 times. The first 4 days of the trip we took busses to and from port orleans riverside and the bus was always so full my mother (who has a hard time standing on the moving busses) had to pray for a seat. Once we started taking the lyft it was so much nicer and worth the 25$ +5$ tip. But if its 30-40$ be for tip... I dont think its worth it. Thats like 50$ a trip.. sorry mom your gonna have to stand lol

Not sure what doesn't make sense? It doesn't make sense to drive to Magic Kingdom as you have to park at the TTC. It doesn't make sense to drive to Fort Wilderness, because you have to park at the front and then take the inner bus loop to the back. It doesn't make sense to drive to Beach Club, because we wouldn't be able to park there if we are going to dinner at Epcot. So not sure why you are confused.

Sometimes we drive to the parks, sometimes we take the buses. Just depends on time of day, how we are feeling etc. I prefer not to drive to the parks because parking can be far and just inconvenient. With a 2 year old, sometimes convenience wins. The Minnie Vans are a nice option that we sometimes utilize even when we don't have to. If we have a cranky toddler in need of a nap, we get the Minnie Van.
Glad you agree!

This is such a disappointment to me. We really enjoy using the Minnie Van service at night, as we usually hit a different resort each night for dinner. I always worked the $25 rides into our budget, as we would use them 3-4 times per trip. I for one, do not use UBER or LYFT, especially after a horrific UBER experience last year on property. The driver spoke very little english, and put Polynesian Drive in orlando into his GPS rather than the Polynesian Resort. Took us off property and wouldn't turn around. Ever since that experience, I have trusted the Minnie Vans and always had the most wonderful experience with the drivers and friendly conversation. I will probably still use them once or twice a trip, but certainly not as freely as we were.

Man, when I heard about the pricing change I thought it would get cheaper. I didn't realize there was a flat $15 still tacked on! I guess if people are paying it, Disney will be more than happy to let them.

Man, when I heard about the pricing change I thought it would get cheaper. I didn't realize there was a flat $15 still tacked on! I guess if people are paying it, Disney will be more than happy to let them.
Depending on the ride, it could go down. Most will go up, but I priced out a ride from the Poly to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ and it will be cheaper. Obviously that’s a short ride, but one we were planning on taking anyway.

We used it last fall when it was $20, manly to get from a park in the am to a waterpark or to get my dad from our resort to his. With the new pricing structure we will be using regular Lyft or Uber next trip.

Depending on the ride, it could go down. Most will go up, but I priced out a ride from the Poly to Mickey’s Backyard BBQ and it will be cheaper. Obviously that’s a short ride, but one we were planning on taking anyway.

I guess I assumed it would be a bit of a higher price per mile, but that it would still be like a regular Lyft in terms of only paying for the miles. I just didn't pay attention. At least it can work out cheaper for some rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!