Minnie van new pricing

I was planning on using this to get to the Poly from BWV as we have a breakfast in the late morning one day. Looks to work out about the same as before but I suspect will really be more based on their mileage. Depending on how we feel that morning we may just take the Monorail from Epcot even with the added walk since we'll have plenty of time in the morning to get there.

has this gone into effect yet. The pricing depending on where you going etc. I know it used to be a flat rate of 25 dollars. Now it depends on where you start and end. Is it more expensive or less? Does anyone have any experience with this.
The minnie vans are a transition for when Disney eliminates the bus services from resorts to the parks. That is the next shocker money grab coming our way

The minnie vans are a transition for when Disney eliminates the bus services from resorts to the parks. That is the next shocker money grab coming our way

The busses are just a means to get people to where they spend the money, without them people can't spend as easily.

I've used the Minnie Vans a few times like when we needed to get somewhere for a reservation early or from resort to resort. We have three kids (2 need carseats) and generally travel with my handicapped mom who uses a scooter so Uber/Lyft doesn't work for us. Disney sends out two vans for us. We don't bring a car; however, I would never exclusively use this service. If I didn't want to mainly use the buses, I would definitely rent a car.

The van that would hold the scooter, how many people would that seat?

So under the new pricing, you would need to pay perhaps $75- $80 per trip...ouch, that hurts a lot.

I can't ever see this happening, Disney would be shooting themselves in the foot. I can justify a $6-$12 Uber to hop between hotels and parks (do it often now whe staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek since their bus schedule is spread out too far.) But if Disney eliminated buses everyone would be forced to pick between a $30 per trip Minnie van or driving/renting a car. I think most people would just drive themselves for a rental car rate of $30-50/day rather than pay Disney $30 per trip. Combined with all the Minnie vans on the road for the people willing to fork over the $$ and traffic would be off the hook.

Bottom line, bad for Disney's business when people end up sitting in a traffic jam rather than spending $$ at the parks.

Are they keeping the flat $150 rate to the airport? That cost is absolutely mind-boggling to me, take a normal Uber/Lyft for like $30 or use the Tragical Express.

Unless Disney bans private companies from taking passengers around, people will find a cheaper way to travel. I think they are shooting themselves in the foot with this pricing when you can take a regular Lyft for $10 or less.

We stay off property and Lyft is only around $12 on evenings we are going to drink. I couldn't imagine paying $40 per trip.

The van that would hold the scooter, how many people would that seat?

So under the new pricing, you would need to pay perhaps $75- $80 per trip...ouch, that hurts a lot.
Disney only charged us for one Minnie Van although they sent two vans. The accessible van held 4-5 people, I think, but we had 6 so they sent two vans. Also, the car seats take up a bit of room. I remember that my mom, myself and the two kids rode in one van and my husband and our son rode in the other.

Disney only charged us for one Minnie Van although they sent two vans. The accessible van held 4-5 people, I think, but we had 6 so they sent two vans. Also, the car seats take up a bit of room. I remember that my mom, myself and the two kids rode in one van and my husband and our son rode in the other.

Wow , I think you had some pixie dust there.

We almost had the opposite issue. We had a party of 5 with two kids in car seats and they told us we'd need two vans and would be charged for two. I came here and mentioned it and several people said that's not right. I checked the web site and it said holds 6....I went back to the front desk and they told me the website was wrong. Well, after another hour or so and a few phone calls, they agreed , the need for one only van was correct. Thanks Dis people for saving us money.

We almost had the opposite issue. We had a party of 5 with two kids in car seats and they told us we'd need two vans and would be charged for two. I came here and mentioned it and several people said that's not right. I checked the web site and it said holds 6....I went back to the front desk and they told me the website was wrong. Well, after another hour or so and a few phone calls, they agreed , the need for one only van was correct. Thanks Dis people for saving us money.

That is crazy. It was always my understanding that the Minnie Van held 6 and has two car seats. Our issue was the normal Minnie Van can't accommodate the wheelchair. I think the accessible van while larger did hold fewer people, which is why they send two? I did have to call for the accessible van so it took longer. I went to the front desk before breakfast and then they were there when we were done with breakfast. They told me when I called they would send two but only charge for one. Typically we don't use Minnie Vans, but we had a few occasions where we needed to get somewhere fast on the last trip. It was my daughter's birthday and we had breakfast and a Pirates League Reservation within 2 and half hours of each other. With the Minnie Van, we made it in plenty of time. The second time we had a Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. It was easier to take the Minnie Van than take the bus to MK and then have to go through security to walk to the Contemporary.

Maybe I'm naive, but I think that the majority of Minnie Van usage will be (as others have mentioned):
1) To get to/from MK since they go up to the gate
2) To the back of Fort Wilderness

Otherwise, I think it will be a toss up (depending on price and whether or not you had a horrific Uber/Lyft debacle in your lifetime). :duck:

Maybe I'm naive, but I think that the majority of Minnie Van usage will be (as others have mentioned):
1) To get to/from MK since they go up to the gate
2) To the back of Fort Wilderness

Otherwise, I think it will be a toss up (depending on price and whether or not you had a horrific Uber/Lyft debacle in your lifetime). :duck:

We had used it to get from BLT to water park. Heard horror stories of terrible travel times for that with the two buses needed.

For us it was relatively easy to justify $20 (and then still OK at $25) to use Minnie Vans over a bus, for convenience. But at $30-40, the needle starts to shift for us. As others have said, we might still use them for MK or FW, but that is likely it. We will use the free busses and save some $$$.

That is crazy. It was always my understanding that the Minnie Van held 6 and has two car seats. Our issue was the normal Minnie Van can't accommodate the wheelchair. I think the accessible van while larger did hold fewer people, which is why they send two? I did have to call for the accessible van so it took longer. I went to the front desk before breakfast and then they were there when we were done with breakfast. They told me when I called they would send two but only charge for one. Typically we don't use Minnie Vans, but we had a few occasions where we needed to get somewhere fast on the last trip. It was my daughter's birthday and we had breakfast and a Pirates League Reservation within 2 and half hours of each other. With the Minnie Van, we made it in plenty of time. The second time we had a Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise. It was easier to take the Minnie Van than take the bus to MK and then have to go through security to walk to the Contemporary.

That's something I never thought of. Just like when we were staying at BLT, we have to do security to go to Poly for dinner and then security to get back to BLT.

So just did a price comparison of Uber XL +carseat and Minni Van from WL to Blizzard Beach. $25.14 for Uber XL + carseat, and $31.54 for the Minnie Van. So not a huge price difference if you need a carseat and you have five or more in your group.

Edit: UberX + carseat was $20.54. So, if with the carseat, your party can fit in a sedan, you can safe $10.

We used the service around 8 times back in March and we absolutely loved the convenience and comfort! We also love the buses, but with two kids, 4 and 1, the Minnie’s make it much easier for us...those double strollers are huge! lol. Like everyone else, I’m not a fan of the price change but I’m sure we will use the service again in October. Staying at the Grand Floridian and our longest trip will be Animal Kingdom, which is around $40 for the Minnie, definitely won’t be paying for that one though

They sent 2 vans for my group of 6 at no charge for the 2nd van. I did tip each driver $5

We almost had the opposite issue. We had a party of 5 with two kids in car seats and they told us we'd need two vans and would be charged for two. I came here and mentioned it and several people said that's not right. I checked the web site and it said holds 6....I went back to the front desk and they told me the website was wrong. Well, after another hour or so and a few phone calls, they agreed , the need for one only van was correct. Thanks Dis people for saving us money.[/QUOT

They sent 2 vans for my group of 6 at no charge for the 2nd van. I did tip each driver $5

Wow, almost feel like I should start a poll.....how many people were sent a second van free of charge......LOL.

I'm really surprised at you getting the two vans. It seems like they are always in high demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter