Minnie van to MCO?

Tigger in a kilt

DIS Veteran
I remember seeing announcements that they were introducing Minnie vans to MCO, but I can't find any info on Disney's website. Did it actually start, and is it still running?

A Minnie van would be easier for us for our final day, as it can pick up outside MK where a town car can't. It saves us having to make a separate trip back to AKL to collect our luggage, or to Disney Springs to go to Virgin's check in desk there. However, if I can't book beforehand, and instead have to just use the app and hope there is one available, then it's a non-starter and I will book a town car. Thank you!

For some out of the box thinking, an uber or town car at Bay Lake Tower, only a 5 min walk from the front gate of MK.

Ooh, that’s a clever idea - thank you! Is Bay Lake Tower entrance closer than the Contemporary? (I do know it is part of the same resort)

It's so prohibitively expensive that I doubt many people have used it!

It seems pretty comparable to the town car quotes I have had. If I go through our airline it is $168 (presumably exc. tax). Is that a bad price? We won’t have a car so we need to get back to the airport one way or another.

It seems pretty comparable to the town car quotes I have had. If I go through our airline it is $168 (presumably exc. tax). Is that a bad price? We won’t have a car so we need to get back to the airport one way or another.

No - the Minnie Van is 150 one way!

A town car is 160+/- round trip and includes a complimentary grocery stop on the inbound if you choose. Minnie Van on the other hand is out bound only (from WDW to MCO) and 150 plus tip.

No - the Minnie Van is 150 one way!

A town car is 160+/- round trip and includes a complimentary grocery stop on the inbound if you choose. Minnie Van on the other hand is out bound only (from WDW to MCO) and 150 plus tip.

The airline quote I got was definitely $168 one way, so I hadn't realised that the other quotes I received were roughly the same for the return trip, not just one way. I will definitely check that out - thank you! I would certainly rather pay for a town car if it's going to be half the price of the Minnie vans. I think @loki_ 's idea of walking to Bay Lake Tower and getting a town car to pick us up from there, as I really can't cope with the idea of not booking my airport transport until I need it. Thank you!

The airline quote I got was definitely $168 one way, so I hadn't realised that the other quotes I received were roughly the same for the return trip, not just one way. I will definitely check that out - thank you! I would certainly rather pay for a town car if it's going to be half the price of the Minnie vans. I think @loki_ 's idea of walking to Bay Lake Tower and getting a town car to pick us up from there, as I really can't cope with the idea of not booking my airport transport until I need it. Thank you!

Oh wow that's pricey for a pre booked towncar :)

In early April I used a town car service and it was 160 r/t with a grocery stop but it did need to be booked in advance to get that price. If your doing a one way its going to be a bit more than half of the one way fare above and probably an additional cost for "on demand" service.

Lots of good town car services recommended here - but most people do book in advance. If you know your flight time its pretty easy to book a town car based on when you like to arrive at the airport, remember MCO security is almost always busy!

Oh wow that's pricey for a pre booked towncar :)

In early April I used a town car service and it was 160 r/t with a grocery stop but it did need to be booked in advance to get that price. If your doing a one way its going to be a bit more than half of the one way fare above and probably an additional cost for "on demand" service.

Lots of good town car services recommended here - but most people do book in advance. If you know your flight time its pretty easy to book a town car based on when you like to arrive at the airport, remember MCO security is almost always busy!

That’s great to know, thank you! I would definitely be much happier just booking it all in advance so that I know what I’m doing and that I won’t miss my flight.

It sounds like the airline is making quite a profit on their towncar booking service!

I would venture to bet that very few people book towncar services through an airline like that. I’d go direct as suggested above. We’ve used Tiffany Town Car a bunch and (with one exception) have had good experiences.

Maybe I missed it upthread, but how are you dealing with your luggage that day?

I would venture to bet that very few people book towncar services through an airline like that. I’d go direct as suggested above. We’ve used Tiffany Town Car a bunch and (with one exception) have had good experiences.

Maybe I missed it upthread, but how are you dealing with your luggage that day?

I suspect you are right that people generally don’t book through the airline. I am supposed to get a free car service with my ticket but when I tried to book it, I got that price; otherwise I would never even thought about booking through the airline.

I will check out Tiffany Towncar, thank you.

My plan was to check out and leave our luggage with Bell Services at AKL, go to MK, then get a car from MK (now Bay Lake Tower) to swing by AKL to collect our luggage on the way to MCO. Annoyingly, my airline (Virgin) doesn’t appear to have a resort check-in service. It does have a check-in service at Disney Springs, but I don’t think it’s worth the hassle for us to go to Disney Springs that morning when we don’t otherwise want to. We go home on 2nd November so I’m hoping to see some Christmas decorations at MK on that day instead.

I would contact the agency you booked through and get that figured out.

It’s through the airline, and I am definitely going to try to get it sorted (it’s a perk, so I didn’t pay for it). I’m just trying to work out my other options, since the Christmas decorations will not be up before the day we leave and I really want to see them.

I suspect you are right that people generally don’t book through the airline. I am supposed to get a free car service with my ticket but when I tried to book it, I got that price; otherwise I would never even thought about booking through the airline.

I will check out Tiffany Towncar, thank you.

My plan was to check out and leave our luggage with Bell Services at AKL, go to MK, then get a car from MK (now Bay Lake Tower) to swing by AKL to collect our luggage on the way to MCO. Annoyingly, my airline (Virgin) doesn’t appear to have a resort check-in service. It does have a check-in service at Disney Springs, but I don’t think it’s worth the hassle for us to go to Disney Springs that morning when we don’t otherwise want to. We go home on 2nd November so I’m hoping to see some Christmas decorations at MK on that day instead.

Ahh, ok. You may want to mention that to Tiffany (or whatever service you book). Those services don't usually expect a "stop" on an airport pickup. They may be fine with it, but probably best to give them a heads up.

An alternative could be to take a Minnie Van from MK back to AKL and have the car service pick you up from there. Or could take Uber/Lyft from CR to AKL.

Ahh, ok. You may want to mention that to Tiffany (or whatever service you book). Those services don't usually expect a "stop" on an airport pickup. They may be fine with it, but probably best to give them a heads up.

An alternative could be to take a Minnie Van from MK back to AKL and have the car service pick you up from there. Or could take Uber/Lyft from CR to AKL.

That’s a good point, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter