Minnie Vans and Port Orleans

dawn117

Mouseketeer
Are Minnie Vans an option from Port Orleans French Quarter? And, if so, how do you arrange for one?

I don't believe that the Minnie Van service has expanded past the Deluxe Resorts at this time. You can check with Bell Services at the resort to see if they are available there or if one is nearby. As for arranging (and paying) for one, it's done using the Lyft mobile app.

It’s just for the Deluxes and OKW right now. I don’t believe POFQ has been added.

It’s just for the Deluxes and OKW right now. I don’t believe POFQ has been added.
Correct. We used one last night going from AKL to FQ but that's because we had the option added from our Boardwalk stay back in August

How is using the Minnie Van service different than just using Uber or Lyft through their regular app? (Probably a dumb question, but them that’s my specialty) thanks

How is using the Minnie Van service different than just using Uber or Lyft through their regular app? (Probably a dumb question, but them that’s my specialty) thanks
  • Generally, longer wait time
  • Limited availability at peak times
  • Operated by Disney, driven by cm
  • 2 infant/child car seats included
  • Somewhat larger vehicle than most UberX/Lyft basic vehicles, but less baggage space due to car seats
  • Cute paint job
  • Flat rate anywhere on Disney property, but only available within Disney property
  • Usually more expensive than UberX/Lyft basic
  • Disney music on radio
  • Can pick up/drop off at some locations not open to Uber/Lyft (MK park, FtW Pioneer Hall)

• Generally, longer wait time
  • Limited availability at peak times
  • Operated by Disney, driven by cm
  • 2 infant/child car seats included
  • Somewhat larger vehicle than most UberX/Lyft basic vehicles, but less baggage space due to car seats
  • Cute paint job
  • Flat rate anywhere on Disney property, but only available within Disney property
  • Usually more expensive than UberX/Lyft basic
  • Disney music on radio
  • Can pick up/drop off at some locations not open to Uber/Lyft (MK park, FtW Pioneer Hall)

Thanks!

Correct. We used one last night going from AKL to FQ but that's because we had the option added from our Boardwalk stay back in August

I used the Minnie vans in August during a stay at Beach Club. So, it will still be available to me during an upcoming stay at Port Orleans Riverside? That would be awesome...

We are staying at Riverside and have a reservation at 'Ohana. Would I be able to take a Minnie Van from the Poly to Riverside? Or do I have to have a reservation at the Poly to be able to utilize the service?

We are staying at Riverside and have a reservation at 'Ohana. Would I be able to take a Minnie Van from the Poly to Riverside? Or do I have to have a reservation at the Poly to be able to utilize the service?
You have to have the service added to your Lyft account in order to use it.
It is only automatic for those staying at Deluxe and Villa resorts.
Those staying at other resorts can ask Bell Services at one of the Deluxe or Villa resorts to add it to their Lyft account. Results are mixed, some have had success with this, some have not. It can not hurt to ask, if you have a chance of getting by one sometime before your reservation. I would try Poly first, explain that you have a reservation at Ohana and would like to use Minnie Van, if you have children that need car seats I would tell them that too. I am not sure what circumstances allow them to offer it to non-Resort guests. May just be as simple as they can add so many per day or even just how that individual feels. Honestly just guessing.

You have to have the service added to your Lyft account in order to use it.
It is only automatic for those staying at Deluxe and Villa resorts.
Those staying at other resorts can ask Bell Services at one of the Deluxe or Villa resorts to add it to their Lyft account. Results are mixed, some have had success with this, some have not. It can not hurt to ask, if you have a chance of getting by one sometime before your reservation. I would try Poly first, explain that you have a reservation at Ohana and would like to use Minnie Van, if you have children that need car seats I would tell them that too. I am not sure what circumstances allow them to offer it to non-Resort guests. May just be as simple as they can add so many per day or even just how that individual feels. Honestly just guessing.

Thank you! We will be eating at 'Ohana on arrival night, so I'll stop by the Bell Services desk. If it works, great! If not we'll just find other things on the monorail loop to do until the park closing crowds die down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter