Minnie vans full roll out?

frangi

Disney Freak
Does anyone "know" or heard rumors when the Minnie vans will be fully rolled out to all resorts? Have a trip planned in October and was curious because it would be cheaper to use than renting my own car. I know there is Uber etc, but there is 6 in my party.

They've been adding resorts one by one. I wouldn't expect a full roll out by October though.

I just got back from Beach Club and we used Minnie Vans 5 times. Two relevant comments:

1) The demand is far exceeding capacity. Most of the time, no van was available and we just had to keep refreshing. We never waited less than 15 minutes for a MV to arrive.

2) I talked to every driver and asked them for details... they all said the same thing. Since they added WL and AKL on August 21, the demand has skyrocketed. They are >100% capacity right now and getting a MV at certain times is very difficult (you have to keep refreshing). One of the drivers said that they have a "bunch" of 2018 Chevy Traverses on order (not due for a while he said), but something about how they have different specs (the model changed) and that was causing problems with adding them to the fleet in the future. All drivers said they have not heard anything about additional resorts and thought it would be a while.

It's clearly a popular ride choice... outside the BC, you would see one at least every 10 mins...

I just got back from Beach Club and we used Minnie Vans 5 times. Two relevant comments:

1) The demand is far exceeding capacity. Most of the time, no van was available and we just had to keep refreshing. We never waited less than 15 minutes for a MV to arrive.

2) I talked to every driver and asked them for details... they all said the same thing. Since they added WL and AKL on August 21, the demand has skyrocketed. They are >100% capacity right now and getting a MV at certain times is very difficult (you have to keep refreshing). One of the drivers said that they have a "bunch" of 2018 Chevy Traverses on order (not due for a while he said), but something about how they have different specs (the model changed) and that was causing problems with adding them to the fleet in the future. All drivers said they have not heard anything about additional resorts and thought it would be a while.

It's clearly a popular ride choice... outside the BC, you would see one at least every 10 mins...
Yes 2018 Traverses are redesigned.

I saw these and thought maybe I should cancel my rental I have reserved for our trip in October. But....I reserved a minivan thru alamo back in may for 321.00 for 9 days. Cant beat that...even with disneys minnie van. But renting now would be crazy because the same minivan is over 1000.00! For that price I would rather do uber! So glad I snagged that rental early! :-)

For what it's worth we used cabs twice this last trip bc the M aren't at the Polynesian yet. They were great, less than $20 and had a car seat!

We used twice last week (stayed at AKL). Once was 0 wait, as the van was already at the resort just hanging out. Second time was about a 2-3 minute wait. Both were evenings around 9pm.

Does anyone "know" or heard rumors when the Minnie vans will be fully rolled out to all resorts? Have a trip planned in October and was curious because it would be cheaper to use than renting my own car. I know there is Uber etc, but there is 6 in my party.

As of today, Poly added.
While initially only available to guests staying at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club and Boardwalk Resorts, Minnie Vans have since rolled out to Wilderness & Animal Kingdom Lodge hotels, as well as the Grand Floridian, and today are joined by the Polynesian Village due to popular demand.
http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/09/minni...ynesian-village-resort-guests-starting-today/

Locations
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club
Boardwalk Inn
Boulder Ridge Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Polynesian Village Resort
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter