Minnie Vans "Uber" like transport begins soon!

CAS239

Disney Vet Squad ∞
IMG_1282.JPG

from WDWNT

Walt Disney World is hiring drivers for their once-rumored Uber-like service, which apparently will be launching soon.

The system is being described in internal documents as “transporting guests door to door or point to point within resort and theme park locations”. Drivers for the service will be expected to provide information about the advanced technology features of the proposed electric vehicles, while providing information about Disney property and vacation assistance.

Disney is only hiring cast members with at least one year of experience within the company for the positions, and only those with at least 3 years with a Florida driver’s license. It is expected that those Cast Members be knowledgeable about all aspects of the Walt Disney World vacation experience so that they can answer any questions that the guests in the vehicle may have.

Disney will be testing the service as a more personal experience as opposed to the wildly popular Express Bus Service introduced last year.

Last edited:
I wonder what Uber will think about this.

I used Uber many times last month going from hotels to parks and it worked perfectly. A lot of the Uber drivers said Disney has been very kind to them and they were working together.

I doubt they would be able to keep them off property. This would just be a competing business like Taxi-Uber-Lyft-Disney service

I'm not so sure - Disney is private property, so technically, I think they could. But that would be a *bleep* move by Disney...

I'm not so sure - Disney is private property, so technically, I think they could. But that would be a *bleep* move by Disney...
Then they would have to get rid of Taxi's, Lyft, Uber, etc. I don't see that happening.

As long as Uber drivers don't suddenly start having issues pickup/dropping off guest.

Not gonna lie, if it's priced like Uber and It gets me places quickly, then yeah I'm for it.

My guess is that it is more added features - so "better" service, not cheaper - Disney doesn't tend to do "cheaper". Maybe make it themed or have access to the bus lanes or something so quicker than other options

Wonder if they could offer this as being like an included service if you stay in a Deluxe resort or something as added benefit of staying there

I could totally be wrong, but I think banning Ubers/Lyfts/Taxis would be penny smart, dollar stupid.

Should they really get bent out of shape that they are missing out on 7 dollars when guests are spending hundreds of dollars within the parks? I get they want to get every dollar they can, but still, I think there is a point where even Disney says the amount of effort it would take to provide the service won't output the amount of dollars to make it worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter