MK FP Strategy?

la79al

DIS Veteran
We have only done MK for a day trip here and there during the last 7 years. I generally pick our top 3 must do rides and go from there but sometimes that has us criss crossing over the park. But we don't like to stand in lines. This trip (2 days at MK) I am thinking about trying to get FP in one area or heading one way. Like 7DMTR, Peter Pan and then Haunted Mansion. That way we can pick try for BTMRR or PoC next and do a few fill in activities along the way. I guess my question is, if I picked those 3 first, would we stand a good chance of getting BTMRR, PoC or Jungle Cruise with a good time? I think I have to decide between minimizing our walking or maximizing FP.

If you are making your FP reservations in advance, you shouldn't have a problem getting BTMRR, Pirates, or Jungle Cruise at decent times... The hardest FP at MK is 7DMT (in my opinion).

Depends how busy the park is when you go, but Pirates and Jungle Cruise should be fine any day. Another option for Pirates is during parades - Pirates' crowds are also particularly impacted by parades because it's such a PITA to get to during them- we watched the parade from near Country Bears, immediately booked it to Pirates, and waited 8 minutes on a moderate crowd day in September.

We split the park Main Street-Adventure-Frontier-Liberty Square on one day and then Fantasy-Tomorrow the other day when we go for Fastpass and Touring purposes to minimize walking and backtracking.

Your plan is a good one, but also what many others are trying to do.
If you can, get a FP for 7DMT and PP, those are the two most difficult ones to get. You want them early in the morning so you can get aditional FPs later.
Most every other ride and attraction is not that difficult to get additional FPs for.

I’ve had difficulty getting BTMR. The other two are pretty easy. We often do BTMR and Splash at RD and get FPs for 7DMT and PPF. JC and PotC I often pick up in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter