MK view at contemporary tower?

K

Kate-n-sam

Hi all
We are planning an oct 2003 trip and have narrowed resorts to YC or BC or Contemporary. Also, considering splitting our stay between the 2. We really want to stay at the Contemporary, but only in a tower room facing the MK. Is this a class of room that they will guarantee, or can you only reserve a tower room and take the view you get?
Not to be bratty, but I will just skip it if the view is not promised to be MK side....
Thanks in advance!

You can request it at Contemporary, but it can't be guaranteed. It's really nice, but may favorite part of the tower mostly is how convenient it is - its just fun staying there. Reminds me of when I was little.

The only way to guarentee the MK view would be to reserve a 1 or 2 Bedroom Tower Suite, and book the "MK View" ones (you'll pay a little extra over the bay view ones).

We have stayed in the Contemporary Tower 10 times with a MK view.Although they would never "gaurantee" that view,they always note it on the reservation and it seems they really do try to give the guests what they want.They've never let us down anyway! We always make sure we check in as early as possible too, to maximize our chances of getting the view we want.

We stayed in the tower twice. Both times we requested MK view at the time the reservation was made. Both times we got the MK view.

The view is not guaranteed. We requested a MK view and received it. I'll be the lone dissenter and state that I was disappointed. While you can see MK and the GF and the Poly (sorta) and the bay, the prime view is of the parking lot at CR. You can also see "outside the world" which disappointed me because when I'm at WDW I don't want to see the "outside"! LOL! You can also definitely hear the buses below you (and we were on the 10th floor). The balcony we had was rather rusty and icky. The fireworks were nice though. I think the view on the Bay Lake side would be really nice. You have a nice view of the Electrical Light Parade, plus you can watch the boaters, parasailers and maybe even have a glimpse of the WL, plus no parking lot. Overall, I was not generally impressed with CR. I've never stayed at BC or YC, but I think both are beautiful, Stormalong Bay is a plus, the Boardwalk is a plus, all of the restaurants in the area are a plus, and the boat ride/walk to Epcot is a definite plus as well as the boat ride to MGM! :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter