MLK Weekend?

I guess one other possible positive about going on a crazy weekend is that maybe the park hours will be extended and the rides will be staffed-up for the mayhem, in contrast to the normal January low staffing/possible longer waits despite lower crowds.

I guess one other possible positive about going on a crazy weekend is that maybe the park hours will be extended and the rides will be staffed-up for the mayhem, in contrast to the normal January low staffing/possible longer waits despite lower crowds.
There may also be more entertainment, compared to the regular non-peak schedule for mid-January. Sometimes, when crowds are very high, DL has even been known to add a third F! show to the roster.

I made some dining reservations today for MLK weekend, since the Saturday was available to book today. I easily booked Blue Bayou for 11:30am and then booked Oga's for later in the afternoon. Times for everything were wide open. I also looked last night to see how Friday was booking up for dining, since that is ROTR opening day. Dining was wide open for everything, even the "hard to get" things like Blue Bayou and Oga's, and this was late in the evening when I looked at availability. Maybe people aren't booking dining since they assume they will be standing in the 5 hour stand by line for ROTR and won't have time to eat!! Either way, we will go and have fun! And we are eating in BB for the first time at my DD12's request ("Mommy, I want to eat somewhere fancy at Disneyland" and POTC is one of her favorite rides!)!

I made some dining reservations today for MLK weekend, since the Saturday was available to book today. I easily booked Blue Bayou for 11:30am and then booked Oga's for later in the afternoon. Times for everything were wide open. I also looked last night to see how Friday was booking up for dining, since that is ROTR opening day. Dining was wide open for everything, even the "hard to get" things like Blue Bayou and Oga's, and this was late in the evening when I looked at availability. Maybe people aren't booking dining since they assume they will be standing in the 5 hour stand by line for ROTR and won't have time to eat!! Either way, we will go and have fun! And we are eating in BB for the first time at my DD12's request ("Mommy, I want to eat somewhere fancy at Disneyland" and POTC is one of her favorite rides!)!
So awesome Michelle!! I really enjoy BB. The gumbo is yummy!!

So awesome Michelle!! I really enjoy BB. The gumbo is yummy!!
Can’t wait to try it! I just changed the reservation to the Fantasmic BB package because I figured if we were already spending that much, why not get good seating for F!. Of course, this is crazy DIS logic, because it is more expensive that it would have otherwise been because we would not all have eaten a starter, an entree and a dessert but.... We are excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!