UPDATE

For those that have created an Itinerary here you now have easier access to it. On [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/mnsshp-2017-my-party-plan-strategy-in-the-making.3604086/"]Post #1[/URL] under "Itineraries In the Making" I have listed your name and Post #, just click on it to access your Itinerary. Should you make changes and or need advise simply post your question and include your Post #.

Example: "I've adjusted my ride choices and added in a meet & greet, can you take a look? Post 123"

Thank you!

UPDATE

For those that have created an Itinerary here you now have easier access to it. On Post #1 under "Itineraries In the Making" I have listed your name and Post #, just click on it to access your Itinerary. Should you make changes and or need advise simply post your question and include your Post #.

Example: "I've adjusted my ride choices and added in a meet & greet, can you take a look? Post 123"

Thank you!

This is awesome!
:thanks:

:laughing: You are all over the place my friend! If you could go back to your post above and put it in an hourly Format that would help considerably. It will also serve as your placeholder should you need/want to make adjustments. Glad to see you :hug:

So I gave it a shot, but I'm a bit clueless on how much time to give things on a sold out night. I'm sure there's still plenty I'll have to edit out too.

I couldn't sleep last night so guess what I did instead? Work on my party plan of course! It has changed quite a bit since the last time we talked @FoxC63 haha. Input/opinions from anyone are more than welcome, please and thank you! Our party night is 10/31.

3pm Be at gate
4-4:30pm Jack and Sally line up
5:30-6pm Go to Fantasyland for Elena m&g (maybe I can get a fp?), shopping
6:30pm line up for Minnie and/or Alice m&g (not sure if there's time for both, but Minnie is priority)
7:30pm Tomorrowland for Buzz and/or lotso m&g, quick stop at monsters inc dance party, ToT
8pm 7dmnt and Haunted mansion if possible OR Mickey m&g and pick up sorcerer card
9pm get spot near HUB area for Castle lighting, fireworks, and villain show
11pm 2nd parade on main st
11:40pm Any rides or m&g we missed
12am Last castle show

I'm trying to keep it loose since it will definitely be a sold out night, but it's hard when there's so much we'd like to do. Anxiously waiting for the parties to start so I can read everyone's reports!

Considering your party isn't until Oct 31st you have plenty of time to critique your itinerary and confirm time frame plus knowing what is "Priority" sets the stage allowing you to work from there.

Example:
4:00-5:20 Jack & Sally M&G
6:00-7:20 Minnie M&G
Now work your time around this either going up or down.

3pm Be at gate
5:25-5:45 FP Elena Scheduled for 5:30-6:30
Note: Blue is the time you should be there and Red is when you should be done and allow 5-10 minutes to get from Point A to Point B. If you refer to the PM I sent you a while ago all of this is in play.

Moving forward:
3pm Be at gate
------- Don't forget to play Tag during the long wait.
------- Fill in the gap
6:00-7:20 Minnie M&G (If you're planning on meeting the ducks you'll need to add more time like 45 minutes?)

Got it? :flower:

EDIT: According to WDW Princess Elena is available for FP between 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Oct 31st.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-elena-fairytale-hall/

Last edited:

Considering your party isn't until Oct 31st you have plenty of time to critique your itinerary and confirm time frame plus knowing what is "Priority" sets the stage allowing you to work from there.

Example:
Now work your time around this either going up or down.

3pm Be at gate
Note: Blue is the time you should be there and Red is when you should be done and allow 5-10 minutes to get from Point A to Point B. If you refer to the PM I sent you a while ago all of this is in play.

Moving forward:
3pm Be at gate
------- Don't forget to play Tag during the long wait.
------- Fill in the gap
6:00-7:20 Minnie M&G (If you're planning on meeting the ducks you'll need to add more time like 45 minutes?)

Got it? :flower:

EDIT: According to WDW Princess Elena is available for FP between 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM on Oct 31st.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-elena-fairytale-hall/

Thank you!! I'll keep playing around and update my post accordingly :flower3:

Hey @Felicis long time lurker I see you too! :P
Just liking all you are doing for us!

I am lurking, because until they release October SW nights, I can't settle on a party date, it is the last thing I need to lock in before sorting the party!

I did pick up a shorts pattern and red fabric for DHs red Mickey disneybounding shorts though, so things are slowly happening here!

Just liking all you are doing for us!

I am lurking, because until they release October SW nights, I can't settle on a party date, it is the last thing I need to lock in before sorting the party!

I did pick up a shorts pattern and red fabric for DHs red Mickey disneybounding shorts though, so things are slowly happening here!

Is that all?! :laughing: I'm waiting for that and Club Villain, adding parade back to dessert party, Food & Wine and calendar updates! :rotfl:

I've been busy sewing DS new trousers for church. My little guy likes to dress up for the ladies ::yes::
I've got a juicy story I'm dying to share but since he made his own account here I can't expose him for the ham he is. :ssst: I do need to start on our costumes though :hourglass is running!

Hello this is my 1st post and my 1st halloween party and i wanted to run my plans by the experts. This trip is just me and DBF and we are going to the October 1st party. Focusing on rides shows and magic shots with some trick or treating along the way. I want to do as much as possible and my list is long pls be kind on your critiques thank you.
@3 arrive
@4 enter park and stop to buy new ears for the occasion
picture in front of castle
Many Adventures of Pooh
Tea Party
7 Dwarf mine train (hoping for a fasspass from 4:30 to 5:30)
Dumbo
Ariel
Peter Pan (hoping for fasspass from 5:30 to 6:30)
Hoping its close to 7 now and can start party things
Magic shot (tangled lantern @ tower)
Haunted Mansion
Magic Shot (ghost driver @ mansion)
See Madame Carlotta or Madame Rinotta @mansion
Spot the Cadaver Dans
Big Thunder MT
Magic Shot (Hitch hiking ghosts @splash)
Pirates of the caribbean
Head to Main ST
Magic Shots (poison apple and dancing ghosts on Main st)
Buzz Light Year
Astro orbiter
Space Mountain

Head back to Main St and find a spot for the following
Celebrate the magic @10
Hallowishes @10:15
Boo to you Parade @11:15
Hocus Pocus show @12

I do want the other 2 magic shots the one near town square with the boo to you grave diggers and the one at the entrance with the headless horseman need to squeeze those in...

So what do you am i crazy or can this be done?

Is that all?! :laughing: I'm waiting for that and Club Villain, adding parade back to dessert party, Food & Wine and calendar updates! :rotfl:

I've been busy sewing DS new trousers for church. My little guy likes to dress up for the ladies ::yes::
I've got a juicy story I'm dying to share but since he made his own account here I can't expose him for the ham he is. :ssst: I do need to start on our costumes though :hourglass is running!
I think I have ruled out Club Villain as I am out of free evenings lol! Calendar updates would be great! But I am not holding my breath for them. I don't think we will be planning for anything else food and wine related now. But you never know...

Maybe you can whisper the story about your son, and he will never know...

CHANGES!

DH is afraid DD will be pooped and crabby if we wait for the second parade, not sure I agree, but I've thrown this together, just in case. Below are two plans, one for the first parade and one for the second.

Our party date is Thursday September 7th. DD will be dressed as Danny, I'll be Max and DH will be Winifred Sanderson, all at DD's request. Here's what we've got:

First Parade

3:15 PM - Take the boat over to MK
4:00-5:20 PM - Jack and Sally M&G
-Tag Team: Purchase popcorn pail?/HM FP 4:10-5:10 PM
-Tag Team: Treats from Sleepy Hollow/purchase party pin(s)
5:30-6:50 PM - 7 Dwarfs M&G *Check line, if it's nuts we will skip this and try for Cruella.
-Tag Team: FP Barnstormer 5:30-6:30 PM
-Tag Team: Start some Trick-or-Treating; Pete’s Silly Sideshow
7:00-8:00 PM - Double back towards HM for Photos Pass pics and maybe a Madame show
-Grim Grinning Ghosts
-Hitchhiking Ghosts
8:05-8:30 PM - Trick-or-treat through Adventureland into Frontierland
8:35 PM - Find a spot near Casey’s for the first parade
-Tag Team: Treats/food
-Tag Team: Main Street Photo Pass??
9:15 PM - First Parade
9:40 PM - Grab a spot near Walt’s Statue for Fireworks
10:15 PM - Hallowishes
10:45 PM - Hocus Pocus Castle Show

*At that point we will evaluate DD’s mood, if she’s still going we’ll hit the dance party in Tomorrowland, then ride some rides until midnight. If she’s cranky, or asleep, lol, we’ll head out.

I don't think this second plan will work for us, but I'm gonna keep it just in case. We've had a few later nights with DD recently (end of summer stuff here) and she can stay awake, sure, but her tude is not so sunny...
Second Parade
3:15 PM - Take the boat over to MK
4:00-5:20 PM - Jack and Sally M&G
-Tag Team: Purchase popcorn pail?/HM FP 4:10-5:10 PM
-Tag Team: Treats from Sleepy Hollow/purchase party pin(s)
5:30-6:50 PM - 7 Dwarfs M&G *Check line, if it's nuts we will skip this and try for Cruella.
-Tag Team: FP Barnstormer 5:30-6:30 PM
-Tag Team: Start some Trick-or-Treating; Pete’s Silly Sideshow
7:00-7:20 - Head towards Tomorrowland for Dance party
7:30-8:30 PM - Trick-or-treat through Adventureland into Frontierland*
8:35-9:30 PM - PP of Grim Grinning Ghosts near Haunted Mansion/ride HM??
9:40 PM - Grab a spot near Walt Statue for Fireworks
-Tag Team: Treats/Food
10:30-11:00 PM - Move closer to stage for Hocus Pocus Show
11:00 PM - Hustle down Main Street to get near the bakery for the second parade. Will likely duck out right after.
*maybe try for a ride on Pirates during the first parade?

Last edited:
Alright! I've got a rough draft of plans together. Our party date is Thursday September 7th. DD will be dressed as Danny, I'll be Max and DH will be Winifred Sanders, all at DD's request.

This is our party date, too! I'll be on the Hocus Pocus lookout. :) I'm not sure of our costumes yet, though dd was talking about Belle (blue dress).

This trip is just me and DBF and we are going to the October 1st party. Focusing on rides shows and magic shots with some trick or treating along the way.
So what do you am i crazy or can this be done?

WOW! This is the first time I've seen an itinerary like this, woohoo what fun! This is going to take some serious thought so let's get started.

RIDES: According to Touring Plans Sunday, Oct 1 is ranked #21 out of #32 in "Least Busy Party" they go on to say "Every year the wait times we’ve been monitoring have gone up and they went up again in 2016 to just under a 15 minute average wait." From the same source they list Many Adventures of Pooh: Wait per 100 people ahead: 4 minutes, When to go: 2hrs. before closing, Duration: 4 minutes and they include a neat Wait Time Chart showing you'll be waiting at least 40 minutes.

upload_2017-6-26_13-45-33.png

If this is true, your itinerary would look like this:
4:00-4:30 Shop (New ears)
4:30-5:00 Picture in front of castle
5:10-5:50 Many Adventures of Pooh
5:55-6:05 Tea Party

I would move Pooh towards later in the party or secure a FP for it between 3:30-4:30

And according to those who posted their experience during 2016 party for Magic Shots and PhotoPass pictures, the lines were long so how much time are you willing to wait to secure them? I think the lines were much longer early on up to 30+ and some stayed between 20-30 minutes through out the evening.

EDIT: Some PhotoPass photographers can do more than one shot so be sure to ask, that would save you a lot of time.

Your itinerary needs some serious thought in terms on how and when to place things. I know many have said "Rides are Walk-on" on a busy party I think you need to add at least 20 minutes. This time includes: walking through the que, boarding, the actual ride, deboarding and leaving the attraction. Other rides like Tea Cups I would give it 10 minutes to complete.

Last edited:
Alright! I've got a rough draft of plans together. Our party date is Thursday September 7th. DD will be dressed as Danny, I'll be Max and DH will be Winifred Sanders, all at DD's request. Here's what we've got:

3:00-3:15 Take the boat over to MK
4:00-5:20 Jack & Sally
----Tag Team: FP 3:30-4:30?
----Tag Team: Popcorn bucket and an official party pin!
5:25-5:45 FP SDMT 4:30-5:30
5:50-6:00 Get Pumpkin Spice Cupcake (If available this year?)
6:00-7:15 Gaston & Village Belle
----Tag Team: FP 5:30-6:30?
----Tag Team: Trick or Treating at BONUS locations?
7:00-7:30 HM (Very popular ride not sure on timing 20 or 30 minutes?)

7:30-8:15 MS Headless Horseman (at the front on Main Street?) or do you mean Ghost Driver?

EDIT: You have a great window to see Gaston or Pooh & Gang, they'll be in their Halloween finest and you get all characters in one shot which do you think DD would prefer?

Last edited:
Alright! I've got a rough draft of plans together. Our party date is Thursday September 7th. DD will be dressed as Danny, I'll be Max and DH will be Winifred Sanders, all at DD's request. Here's what we've got:

11 AM - Wake, after a long first day.
12 PM - Swim, generally chill around the resort
1 PM - Shower, get dressed in basic costume gear; hats, scarves, etc will be stowed away until party time.
2 PM - Linner at WCC in costume; we are staying at WL, so this will be easy
3:15/3:30 PM - Take the boat over to MK
4 PM - They will open the gates! Once we’re in one adult will head straight back to Jack and Sally to wait in line while the other adult entertains DD(3 by then). The adult not in line is tasked with getting us a popcorn bucket and an official party pin!
5 PM - HOPEFULLY J&S will start meeting so we will all meet to wait.
*If this is considered an unacceptable practice, I understand, there is just no way DD will be able to stand in line for an hour without causing a scene, so suggestions are welcome.*
6 PM - Head back toward Gaston’s Tavern to either ride SDMT (if I can get a FP) or get in line for Belle and Gaston. *must get a pumpkin spice cupcake*
7 PM - trick-or-treat our way to HM, ride and take photopasses near there; Horseman then Hitchhikers.
8 PM - Trick-or-treat then set up camp for the parade in Frontierland, on the Adventureland side
8: 30 PM - Parade
8:45 PM - Ride Pirates and trick-or-treat while the parade finishes
9:15 PM - Castle Show
10 PM - Once Upon a Time
10:30 PM - at this point everything depends on DD, if she's up for it we’ll head into Tomorrowland for the dance party and trick-or-treating then some rides in Fantasyland possibly trek over to meet Jane and Tarzan, if not we’ll head home.

This is my second party, but DH and DD have never been. I did too many rides last time and saw zero characters, so I wanted to be sure we did more party stuff this year. Any and all suggestions or recommendations are welcome! Thanks!:disrocks:
It is perfectly acceptable for one adult to hold the spot in line. You will not be the only ones doing this!

You will, however, want to arrive much earlier than 8 for the first parade, unless you don't mind being a few rows deep.

WOW! This is the first time I've seen an itinerary like this, woohoo what fun! This is going to take some serious thought so let's get started.

RIDES: According to Touring Plans Sunday, Oct 1 is ranked #21 out of #32 in "Least Busy Party" they go on to say "Every year the wait times we’ve been monitoring have gone up and they went up again in 2016 to just under a 15 minute average wait." From the same source they list Many Adventures of Pooh: Wait per 100 people ahead: 4 minutes, When to go: 2hrs. before closing, Duration: 4 minutes and they include a neat Wait Time Chart showing you'll be waiting at least 40 minutes.

View attachment 247127

If this is true, your itinerary would look like this:
4:00-4:30 Shop (New ears)
4:30-5:00 Picture in front of castle
5:10-5:50 Many Adventures of Pooh
5:55-6:05 Tea Party

I would move Pooh towards later in the party or secure a FP for it between 3:30-4:30

And according to those who posted their experience during 2016 party for Magic Shots and PhotoPass pictures, the lines were long so how much time are you willing to wait to secure them? I think the lines were much longer early on up to 30+ and some stayed between 20-30 minutes through out the evening.

EDIT: Some PhotoPass photographers can do more than one shot so be sure to ask, that would save you a lot of time.

Your itinerary needs some serious thought in terms on how and when to place things. I know many have said "Rides are Walk-on" on a busy party I think you need to add at least 20 minutes. This time includes: walking through the que, boarding, the actual ride, deboarding and leaving the attraction. Other rides like Tea Cups I would give it 10 minutes to complete.

Thank you soo much for the info I do agree walk ons could be 20 to 30 mins between the queue riding the ride and exiting so we will really figure out what rides are priority thank you and for the advice about magic shots this will be my 1st time buying photo pass. Thanks again loving reading everyone's posts!!

Thank you soo much for the info I do agree walk ons could be 20 to 30 mins between the queue riding the ride and exiting so we will really figure out what rides are priority thank you and for the advice about magic shots this will be my 1st time buying photo pass. Thanks again loving reading everyone's posts!!

Memory Maker is now $169 for advance purchase however some people are willing to share the cost. If your inclined to save money you may want to look into it or start your own thread.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter