Modifying at 7 months—reallocating points

quandrea

DIS Veteran
i am booked over Christmas at AKV usuing my 11m booking window. Planning to move at seven months if available. Can I modify online without cancelling and then call MS to reallocate points so that I use my SSR points for the booking? Or will I need to cancel and rebook in order to use those points?

Yes, you can use the modify online function and direct which contract the points will be taken from first. However, you can't reallocate the points from a booking made at the 11 month window, unless the room is still available at the 7 month mark or it was booked at 7 month.

i am booked over Christmas at AKV usuing my 11m booking window. Planning to move at seven months if available. Can I modify online without cancelling and then call MS to reallocate points so that I use my SSR points for the booking? Or will I need to cancel and rebook in order to use those points?
You can modify online if the new resort is available and use other contacts at that time since it will be a 7 month booking. If for some reason it locks the initial contract then you'd have to call in to reallocate but it ought to be able to be done when you change the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!