Modifying Reservation At 7 Months Between Two Home Resorts

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
Our main home resort is Copper Creek, but we just bought a smaller contract at Aualani. So here's my question. Say, I book Aulani at the 11 month window for seven days, pool view. That would be the best we could book with our existing Aualani points. But at 7 months, we decide to use some of our extra Copper Creek points to upgrade the Aulani booking to ocean view, or perhaps add a day, depending upon availability.

Would the best strategy be to cancel the original booking and then rebook? Or is that perhaps the only strategy?

If I don't want to use CC points, at 7 months can you purchase additional OTU points (24 or less) to upgrade the booking? Would that require cancelling and re-booking as well?

Are there any additional strategies I'm not thinking of?

Oh. One other thing! Since we want to go to Aulani every year, do not want to borrow from upcoming years.

You wouldn't cancel and rebook- you could just modify the reservation online. If there is availability to upgrade you can then use the Aulani and CC points. Modifying allows you to make changes without having to cancel (and chance losing the room).

To add, they will always sell you OTU points at 7 months. You can only get them by calling and once in a reservation, it can only be changed with a call, The online system will not pick them up.

You can just modify at the 7 month as long as both contracts have the same UY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!