Mom Rants about "childless Millennials" at Disney World

When my wife and I went on our honeymoon this past WDW trip, we looked at each other and started laughing every time we heard a child scream, have a tantrum, etc. lmao

While I don't think there's anything wrong with having kids, there's also nothing wrong with not having kids, either. Does that mean only parents get to have fun? Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm really glad my generation and the future are beginning to realize that having fun just for the sake of it and not worrying about "is this something an adult/child should do/enjoy" because it's just simply not anyone's business but your own. Imagine being that big of a control freak that you invade other people's lives where you weren't asked for your opinion in the first place, haha

I used to be jealous of childless Disney goers. Now that mine are mostly grown I get to join that club, even though I am not a millennial. I loved Disney with my kids, I loved Disney with teens and adult children but I really love Disney with just my husband. It reminds me of our Disneyland trips without kids many moons ago.

When my wife and I went on our honeymoon this past WDW trip, we looked at each other and started laughing every time we heard a child scream, have a tantrum, etc. lmao

While I don't think there's anything wrong with having kids, there's also nothing wrong with not having kids, either. Does that mean only parents get to have fun? Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm really glad my generation and the future are beginning to realize that having fun just for the sake of it and not worrying about "is this something an adult/child should do/enjoy" because it's just simply not anyone's business but your own. Imagine being that big of a control freak that you invade other people's lives where you weren't asked for your opinion in the first place, haha

Um, I'm pretty sure the concept of just having fun is not something new millennials have come up with.

I'm older, with kids. Went to WDW many times with DH as an adult before we had kids (and did lots of other fun stuff too). Now that we have kids, at least once a year they get left at home while DH and I go do something fun by ourselves, just for fun. Sometimes we go to WDW by ourselves.

DisneyCowgirl said:
Um, I'm pretty sure the concept of just having fun is not something new millennials have come up with.

As someone who has grown up and experienced being chastised for doing something, "childlike" such as watching cartoons, playing video games, etc., I can give a first-person account of the relative difficulties of self-expression through a medium.

Not to mention how a lot of my friends around my age and younger still have to put up with that nonsense constantly, which is anecdotal, but I think that's kind of the point.

So you're right, millennials didn't invent "having fun," but it sure is annoying having to justify it to folks on their way out of this mortal coil on a regular basis. Which, to me, is the entire basis of this thread and discussion in the first place, lol

As someone who has grown up and experienced being chastised for doing something, "childlike" such as watching cartoons, playing video games, etc., I can give a first-person account of the relative difficulties of self-expression through a medium.

Not to mention how a lot of my friends around my age and younger still have to put up with that nonsense constantly, which is anecdotal, but I think that's kind of the point.

So you're right, millennials didn't invent "having fun," but it sure is annoying having to justify it to folks on their way out of this mortal coil on a regular basis. Which, to me, is the entire basis of this thread and discussion in the first place, lol
Yeah but that's really not new to any current generation either, and I'm pretty sure that having to deal with busy-bodies is not going way just because all the Olds age out and die. But I will grant that a lot of this "we're the first generation to do these things this way" may be fairly unique to those who would embrace the "Millennial" designation. :teeth:

Far as I'm aware, lmao

The whole point of my posts are just that I think the original article is ridiculous and I'm glad that a lot of people nowadays are breaking free from viewpoints like that regardless of age or whatever

My friend asked me yesterday if my bf and I going to be alright going to disney next year.. as he thought disney were banning childless adults.

We are looking to spend around £10,000 on the cruise and wdw.. somehow i dont think Disney is going to turn us away. Its amazing though as this sort of attitude is what makes people think twice about going. Which is a shame if it is something they would enjoy.

My friend asked me yesterday if my bf and I going to be alright going to disney next year.. as he thought disney were banning childless adults.

We are looking to spend around £10,000 on the cruise and wdw.. somehow i dont think Disney is going to turn us away. Its amazing though as this sort of attitude is what makes people think twice about going. Which is a shame if it is something they would enjoy.

What hilarious about this is we spend far more money going without kids than going with kids. Yes we would buy more tickets when we had them but we didn't spend as much on food. We wouldn't buy alcohol and we tended to do less expensive meals. We also stayed in less expensive resorts. Our non-kids trips are actually more expensive and just as enjoyable. Yeah Disney woudln't give that up.

What hilarious about this is we spend far more money going without kids than going with kids. Yes we would buy more tickets when we had them but we didn't spend as much on food. We wouldn't buy alcohol and we tended to do less expensive meals. We also stayed in less expensive resorts. Our non-kids trips are actually more expensive and just as enjoyable. Yeah Disney woudln't give that up.
OMG this is true! I was planning a quick trip to pick up gifts and mark a significant anniversary so, much cheaper than taking the kids, except I have also added After Hours parties I would not have done, tours I would not have done, and have pencilled in lounges and cocktails I would not have tried!

OMG this is true! I was planning a quick trip to pick up gifts and mark a significant anniversary so, much cheaper than taking the kids, except I have also added After Hours parties I would not have done, tours I would not have done, and have pencilled in lounges and cocktails I would not have tried!

My husband is totally cool with doing tours and fancy restaurants without the kids. He also refused for years to buy hoppers. Now of course we always have to have hoppers. When the money is just being spent on us he's more willing to let it flow. Not to say our kids were denied anything. They have always stayed onsite and they always had fun trips. Our trips are just a little more luxurious now.

There’s no way we could afford to do Disney the way we prefer if we had kids. I constantly see people wringing their hands in the dessert party threads, After Hours event threads, etc about how much these things cost and then I see them talking about kids and it all makes sense lol. It’s so much easier to justify these kinds of extras when you’re only paying for two people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter