Mom Says Armed Guards Yanked Her Off Disney Cruise For Being Too Pregnant

Her father tried to see if there was any way the family could still take their long-anticipated trip — and that’s when things got ugly.

Video Jackson
posted to her YouTube vlog “The Jackson Hive” shows an armed guard telling the mom to, “Wait outside. Step outside” as he leads the family to a door.

I'm guessing something happened between these two sentences that might not reflect well on Ms. Jackson and/or her father. It would be cool if someone had THAT video...
I have seen other passengers where they were not aware of the policy and had to leave the cruise but their family went on with the cruise....might not be my choice but it was an option...

She's an idiot. My brother (a nurse) sent me this article and said he was surprised that cruise lines even let passengers sail at 24 weeks (he said he doesn't think it should be past 22 weeks, which echos what some of you have said above).

Bottom line - it's on the website. Maybe she didn't read it, but she signed the cruise contract at some point, and the language I believe is in there, along with the fact that fares are non-refundable. She should be happy DCL refunded her her full fare.

Also...I don't know exactly what her itinerary was, but the article my brother sent me said it was a "Caribbean" itinerary - isn't Zika still a problem there? If so, IMO, she shouldn't have been on that sailing anyway.

I wondered about that too. Granted, I haven't kept up on the news about Zika or any recent developments but the last I heard was pregnant women, or even those planning to become pregnant in the near future, should not go to any places with the virus. I'm shocked her doctor gave her the ok to travel to the Caribbean.

I like one of her responses to a comment on the Don video, where she actually states had she known they had the policy, she would not have answered 25 weeks when asked.......REALLY????

she is a vlogger she is special... and she just posted a video today talking about all the pains and headaches and stuff she is having with this pregnancy including sneezing. She is just the person who should be on a cruise.

Sounds like a publicity stunt and seems like they caused a "scene" in order for police/security to be brought in.

This is the same type of person that would sue Disney if something happened to her or her unborn child while on board if they were allowed on board.

My question is, does Disney require pregnancy "documentation" before boarding the cruise? Why not just bend the truth a bit and say "yep I'm 23 weeks!" and like everything in life, just take that risk upon yourself.
That’s what I was wondering. How would they know?

Was she required to present that note? I'm just curious about the process.

I don't think so. I think she brought it because she knew the 24 week limit (even though she claimed she didn't) and knew she would be over that at the time the ship sailed so she had her doctor write it stating how far along she was and that she had the doctors permission to travel thinking that would be enough to get her on board.

I don't think so. I think she brought it because she knew the 24 week limit (even though she claimed she didn't) and knew she would be over that at the time the ship sailed so she had her doctor write it stating how far along she was and that she had the doctors permission to travel thinking that would be enough to get her on board.
I'm just trying to figure out what precipitated this whole scene. How did it come out that she was in fact over 24 weeks? Do they ask as you board if you appear pregnant? That could be awkward.

I'm just trying to figure out what precipitated this whole scene. How did it come out that she was in fact over 24 weeks? Do they ask as you board if you appear pregnant? That could be awkward.

There is a health form you have to fill out before you embark and one of the questions they ask is if any person in your party is over 24 weeks pregnant.

There is a health form you have to fill out before you embark and one of the questions they ask is if any person in your party is over 24 weeks pregnant.
OK, that explains it. I thought it was something you filled out online before leaving home. Thanks for explaining!

Unfortunately, shocking and angering content gets clicks on the internet :(

With that in mind, and the fact that everything was recorded, edited, and posted online, my suspicion is that the vlogger willingly revealed her status. That makes more drama, which is good for ad income.

Just a guess...

With that in mind, and the fact that everything was recorded, edited, and posted online, my suspicion is that the vlogger willingly revealed her status. That makes more drama, which is good for ad income.

Just a guess...
I wondered about that too. But I didn't want to reward anyone with additional clicks so decided to ask here instead.

Just a guess...

I don't think she had to reveal her status. Having a camera out filmin where you are checking into the boat, etc. probably made it very clear. She even said in one of her videos that people were mad she was filming.

She said she was asked, and because she didn't know the procedure answered 25 weeks. She then goes on to say if she knew that was the procedure she would not have answered.

So, clearly she's a very honest, not looking for drama, vlogger......

I personally think social media is making people stupid. Surfing on a forum like this one is the extent of my social media. No facebook, instagram, shapchat or anything of the such for me.

With some women not showing as soon as others, I bet there has been some who were past the 24 week mark and were able to get around this. Myself, never would have happened. Big as a house at 3 months out.:teeth:

There was a 23 week baby born on a RCL ship 2.5 years ago that did live, by some miracle. The only life support they had for him we're heating pad and child size masks. They had actually told the parents he had died even as they were doing everything they could. I think it was 10 hours before they got him to a hospital in SJU.

Wow that's amazing!

I personally think social media is making people stupid. Surfing on a forum like this one is the extent of my social media. No facebook, instagram, shapchat or anything of the such for me.
I understand how you would think that, it really appears that way. But I think, (and that’s not normally a good thing either) we just hear from those whom have only 1 card in their deck and try to play it like it’s the only card that matters.
You mentioned three choices of social media, it makes me laugh when I hear youth speak of Facebook. They refer to Facebook as your grandmas social media.(My mom, 74, has her account :P )

I think technology has made people stupid. It's incredible how many folks spend their entire existence on a 2x3" screen. The last few times we were at WDW & US we noticed how many people (young and old) were staring at their phones, amazing really. I mean you're at an incredible (and expensive) place and you're doing something you do at your bathroom at home. I'm not on facebook, twitter, or anything other than a couple of forums like this. Anonymity has it's advantages.
I think technology is great.....if you keep it in perspective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!