Mom Takes on Disney Solo...

IMG_0251.JPG

so, one of my sisters had her mother in law make something for me. I'm seriously considering taking it on the trip with me. It's the one in the middle. We took a garden gnome on a trip with us once and oh the pictures we got of that one. Lol. Gnomey was the hit of that trip. Lol.

Just not sure if this is too weird. Lol. Gonna have to make some kind of decision on it. My sister is excited for me to take it on my trip. Hmmmmmm

I took a Twinnings tea bag from Atlanta to London to pose in front of the Twinnings Tea Shop for a picture. Could your sister’s MIL make you a smaller rabbit to make it easier to transport? What also would be kinda of cool is the fabric was like those doodle bears then you can get the characters to sign it.

So now it looks like this is truly going to be a solo trip. I was talking to my friend and she said that she thinks she's not going to go. Ugh....She's done this before so it really shouldn't surprise me. I do know that I'm still going. I'm just trying to decide whether or not I want to do my normal meals. I'm thinking about trying something out of the box now. Maybe a tour or two. Just something different.

I was laughing yesterday and realized that I won't have to do Space Mountain. LOL! Yeah, I will ride it, but it's not my favorite ride. LOL! And if I want to do character meet and greets I can. I'm thinking that this is going to be a great trip.

Reactions: Fia
So now it looks like this is truly going to be a solo trip. I was talking to my friend and she said that she thinks she's not going to go. Ugh....She's done this before so it really shouldn't surprise me.

Aw, I'm sorry. I know you'll still have a great trip though. Probably better now that you can really make decisions about the trip without worrying about anyone else booking. I know she was really taking her time with booking everything and not giving you a straight answer about things.

So, now I'm wondering if I'm going to have issues making my fast pass reservations. Since you can only buy 10 day passes, I'm missing 2 days. I'm wondering if I should just use those as relax days at the hotel or just kinda make FP the day of. I'm not sure if it's going to be an issue or not. I guess I'll wait and see.

So, now my friend is back on once again. I swear, she's going to be the death of me. I'm just going make my plans like I'm going solo. Because she changes her mind every other day. I love her to death, but it's driving me crazy. LOL!!

I'm considering making Mousekeeping envelopes again. They were really cute. Although since I'm staying in a DVC resort on rented points, I'm not sure I'm going to need as many. I'm thinking at the most I might need 4. They are seriously cute and I loved making them. I still have a lot of my paper left over from last year.

I've done a solo trip...my anxiety was high but I made it through. It was fun doing what I wanted to do.....stopping to shop, or get a snack and not being on anyone's schedule. I'm an uber planner, especially when spending this kind of money....so it was a welcomed change. Hopefully your friend will go and you will get to do some fun things together. When I went, I was actually meeting up with a group of ladies....so there were things I could attend with others but also go off by myself if I wanted.

So, after watching one of the Disboards shows, I bought something for my upcoming trip.

il_570xN.1257275253_kxuf.jpg

Yeah. Couldn't help it. Especially when Chris said, "Oh, that's cool. You should totally get it." LOL!! So, I bought it. I love Etsy. LOL!! It's nice for someone that's decidedly non crafty. LOL!!

So, I know this next part isn't actually trip related, but here goes. I had to take Buddy to the vet yesterday. Well, he's been having accidents in the house. Which isn't something he's ever done. So, I asked the vet about it. She's concerned because he's lost 10 pounds since his last visit. Which they had him on food to lower his weight. Along with me not feeding him a lot of table food. Anyways, they did a urine test and blood work. They gave him antiboitics and are going to call me with the results by Tuesday. They said it could just be a UTI or it could be something like diabetes or heaven forbid kidney failure. I'm hoping it's not the last one.

I've been looking at a bunch of the tours that they offer at Disney. I'm wanting to do a few of them. Really considering the Caring for Giants tour at Animal Kingdom. It looks like a lot of fun.

So, after watching one of the Disboards shows, I bought something for my upcoming trip.

il_570xN.1257275253_kxuf.jpg

Yeah. Couldn't help it. Especially when Chris said, "Oh, that's cool. You should totally get it." LOL!! So, I bought it. I love Etsy. LOL!! It's nice for someone that's decidedly non crafty. LOL!!

So, I know this next part isn't actually trip related, but here goes. I had to take Buddy to the vet yesterday. Well, he's been having accidents in the house. Which isn't something he's ever done. So, I asked the vet about it. She's concerned because he's lost 10 pounds since his last visit. Which they had him on food to lower his weight. Along with me not feeding him a lot of table food. Anyways, they did a urine test and blood work. They gave him antiboitics and are going to call me with the results by Tuesday. They said it could just be a UTI or it could be something like diabetes or heaven forbid kidney failure. I'm hoping it's not the last one.

I've been looking at a bunch of the tours that they offer at Disney. I'm wanting to do a few of them. Really considering the Caring for Giants tour at Animal Kingdom. It looks like a lot of fun.

That backpack is awesome!!

Hope Buddy's issue is an easy (and cheap) fix.

I imagine any tour at the Animal Kingdom would be good!!

It is cool, I remember watching the one where they talked about it.

She's concerned because he's lost 10 pounds since his last visit. Which they had him on food to lower his weight. Along with me not feeding him a lot of table food. Anyways, they did a urine test and blood work. They gave him antiboitics and are going to call me with the results by Tuesday. They said it could just be a UTI or it could be something like diabetes or heaven forbid kidney failure. I'm hoping it's not the last one.

I hope Buddy is alright!

So, the bad news first. Buddy had his tests today and it turns out that he does have Cushings disease. The numbers that they are seeing has his vet concerned. They are worried that tumor on his adrenal gland is causing it. We aren't sure what course of treatment we will follow if that's the case. I'm hoping that the medicine will help bring it down. Hope that it isn't a tumor. Not sure what we will do if it is. So, he's getting lots of hugs and cuddles.

Okay, so now on to happier stuff. So, I went to Walmart today and found some super cute pajamas. So, I had to get them. LOL!!

Eeyore!!
Eeyore Pajamas.jpg

Incredibles!!
Incredibles Pajamas.jpg

Tropical Minnie!
Mickey Pajamas.jpg

Jurassic Park!!
Pajamas Jurassic.jpg

Not sure which are my favorite. Probably a cross between Eeyore and the JP ones. LOL!! they had Beauty and the Beast ones, but they didn't have them in my size. I'm going to try the one closer to my house and see if I have any luck. Chris saw them, but didn't tell me. Ugh!! LOL!! He works at Walmart and can be sneaky when he wants to be. I called him a little turd and he laughed and just smiled at me. LOL!!

So, the bad news first. Buddy had his tests today and it turns out that he does have Cushings disease. The numbers that they are seeing has his vet concerned. They are worried that tumor on his adrenal gland is causing it. We aren't sure what course of treatment we will follow if that's the case. I'm hoping that the medicine will help bring it down. Hope that it isn't a tumor. Not sure what we will do if it is. So, he's getting lots of hugs and cuddles.

Aw I'm sorry about Buddy, I hope the medicine helps.

Cute PJs! I like the JP ones a lot too.

Well, I booked my airfare and it's a little scary. Because apparently I'm going to be walking onto the tarmac. And it's a kind of prop plane. Alrighty then. LOL!! Was watching a video and I'm like what did I sign myself up for. Chris laughed and me and said, "Maybe you should have researched it before you bought the tickets." Quit it already.

I know a lot of people go with Southwest, but the idea of driving 2 plus hours wasn't appealing to me. So, the next best option is to book with one that flies from here. There's a new airline and their prices are pretty good. So, I booked with them. Had to pay for baggage, but it was still under $300. It's non-stop and the best part is that it get in Orlando by 1:00 pm. The returning flight doesn't leave until almost 7 pm. So no getting up super early in the morning. I just told Chris that I'll make sure my life insurance is all paid up. LOL!!

gonna die.jpg
So, I might be a little over dramatic. I just really don't like flying and am kinda nervous about it.

Still trying to decide where I want to eat while we are there. I have zero ideas on ADR's. I do know that I want to try some new places, but am just procrastinating something terrible. I do know that I want to eat at Beaches and Cream. Going to try and get that for the first night I'm there. Other than that I have absolutely no idea. I'm probably going to be doing a lot of counter service meals. Mostly because there are a lot of places that I either love and don't eat at because of picky eaters or that I want to try. This is going to be a completely new experience.

Some of the givens are:

Tusker House: Thinking about trying this one for lunch or dinner. The menu looks amazing for either.
Beaches and Cream
California Grill- Maybe???
Garden Grill- Possibly. I'm nervous about doing character meals alone.

As you can see I have no idea where I want to eat really. I know that I'm not going to do Be Our Guest for dinner. I just wasn't wasn't impressed with it during out last trip.

Okay, so I might be a little addicted to buying Mouse Ears on etsy. I might or might not have bought 7 pairs yesterday. LOL!!

Well, I booked my airfare and it's a little scary. Because apparently I'm going to be walking onto the tarmac. And it's a kind of prop plane.

I've been on a prop plane before, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Although it was loud. My dad was really freaked out for me though :rotfl:

I know that I'm not going to do Be Our Guest for dinner. I just wasn't wasn't impressed with it during out last trip.

I agree, I hope the menu changes fix some of the problems they have.

Okay, so I might be a little addicted to buying Mouse Ears on etsy. I might or might not have bought 7 pairs yesterday. LOL!!

:rotfl:

Following along! Starting to plan my soon to be high school senior's trip for next May, but would LOVE to solo Disney!!!

So I just found your trip and had to comment on it. Being able to just decide to do a solo trip is an awesome thing that lots of people don't get to do, so kudos to you!

I have a lot of quotes, so sorry for the long post right off the bat.

I've decided that I'm going to upgrade my ticket to an AP when I get there. It just makes sense.

This is always a good idea, until you start planning quicky trips in order to 'get the most out of your pass'! At least that's what has happened with me! I got my pass on at 10 night trip last June, and have since been back 3 times for quick weekend trips and am going back for a week in May!

Tusker House: I love eating here. Just not sure how awkward it would be to do it solo. This might be one that I do with my friend. I'm always raving about it so I think she wants to give it a try. LOL!!
Garden Grill: This is a might or might not. Still trying to decide. It's a family favorite and I might introduce my friend to the goodness. LOL!

I've done Garden Grill solo a couple of times, once for breakfast, and once for a late lunch/early dinner and didn't have any awkwardness with the characters or CMs. I personally felt a little shy, but the table next to me was super nice each time and if I asked one of them would take my picture with the characters as they came around. Heck, when I went for dinner, Dale decided that since I was on my own, he should share my desert with me! Just sat right down at my booth and picked up the spoon! It was a fun time!

So don't count out the character meals just because you are solo.

I would love to do 1900 Park Fare, but my shellfish allergy makes this one tough. It's so bad that I can't even smell it being cooked and I will have a reaction.I know I could technically do breakfast, but I'm just super worried about it. I've been to places I thought would be safe and have had a reaction. It's the weirdest thing honestly.

My mom has the same intensity of a shellfish allergy! Make sure that you tell them at every restaurant! We found out with her that there is iodine in one of the varieties of soft serve that they serve on property! If she hadn't been walking the buffet at Boma with the chef, I don't think we would have known!

I'm also considering doing a few tours. Kind of interested in the Aqua Tour. It sounds interesting. Maybe the dolphins in depth one. I would do the Dive Quest one, but it's been a long time since I've been scuba diving. There are a few others that I'm looking at and would love to try out.

Tours are always a good idea! One day I want to do a strictly AK/AKL trip and do all of the tours there! There are enough to fill at least 3-4 days!

img_0251-jpg.308630

so, one of my sisters had her mother in law make something for me. I'm seriously considering taking it on the trip with me.

That is ADORABLE! I say take it with you!

Hugs for your Buddy dog! I hope you are able to treat him and give him lots of love!
My Buddy dog has renal failure that we are in maintenance mode on, so I completely understand!

Loving your plans so far! I hope you have a great trip and let us see further insight into how you are going to plan out this fun trip!

So I just found your trip and had to comment on it. Being able to just decide to do a solo trip is an awesome thing that lots of people don't get to do, so kudos to you!

I have a lot of quotes, so sorry for the long post right off the bat.

This is always a good idea, until you start planning quicky trips in order to 'get the most out of your pass'! At least that's what has happened with me! I got my pass on at 10 night trip last June, and have since been back 3 times for quick weekend trips and am going back for a week in May!

I've done Garden Grill solo a couple of times, once for breakfast, and once for a late lunch/early dinner and didn't have any awkwardness with the characters or CMs. I personally felt a little shy, but the table next to me was super nice each time and if I asked one of them would take my picture with the characters as they came around. Heck, when I went for dinner, Dale decided that since I was on my own, he should share my desert with me! Just sat right down at my booth and picked up the spoon! It was a fun time!

So don't count out the character meals just because you are solo.

My mom has the same intensity of a shellfish allergy! Make sure that you tell them at every restaurant! We found out with her that there is iodine in one of the varieties of soft serve that they serve on property! If she hadn't been walking the buffet at Boma with the chef, I don't think we would have known!

Tours are always a good idea! One day I want to do a strictly AK/AKL trip and do all of the tours there! There are enough to fill at least 3-4 days!

That is ADORABLE! I say take it with you!

Hugs for your Buddy dog! I hope you are able to treat him and give him lots of love!
My Buddy dog has renal failure that we are in maintenance mode on, so I completely understand!

Loving your plans so far! I hope you have a great trip and let us see further insight into how you are going to plan out this fun trip!

Thank you so much for all of your input. It's a really big help to have others chime in.

Wow...I never would have thought that soft serve ice cream has iodine in it. I will definitely have to ask when we go next time.

So, after a lot of debate, I decided to go ahead and buy tickets for the MVMCP. I've never done it before and have always really wanted to. So, I went ahead and bought tickets for it last night. I was considering doing the Halloween Party on Halloween, but we've done it before and I want to do something different. Plus, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it's worth $125 for the night. As much as I love Disney, I'm a cheapskate at heart. LOL!!

mickeyears.jpg

Bought those ears on ETSY....I thought they were super cute and would be great for the party. I'm really looking forward to it.

Got some of the ears in that I bought. They are really, really nice.Very well put together and good quality and very well constructed. Looking forward to wearing them in the parks.

So, after a lot of debate, I decided to go ahead and buy tickets for the MVMCP. I've never done it before and have always really wanted to. So, I went ahead and bought tickets for it last night. I was considering doing the Halloween Party on Halloween, but we've done it before and I want to do something different. Plus, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it's worth $125 for the night. As much as I love Disney, I'm a cheapskate at heart. LOL!!

View attachment 317572

Bought those ears on ETSY....I thought they were super cute and would be great for the party. I'm really looking forward to it.

Got some of the ears in that I bought. They are really, really nice.Very well put together and good quality and very well constructed. Looking forward to wearing them in the parks.

You’ll have so much fun at the party! I know the ticket seem so expensive for one night! Although we always end up going anyway:rotfl:

So, after a lot of debate, I decided to go ahead and buy tickets for the MVMCP. I've never done it before and have always really wanted to. So, I went ahead and bought tickets for it last night. I was considering doing the Halloween Party on Halloween, but we've done it before and I want to do something different. Plus, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it's worth $125 for the night. As much as I love Disney, I'm a cheapskate at heart. LOL!

Those ears are adorable! I agree that the parties are on the expensive side, but you do get an Annual Passholder's discount, which helps and from what I've seen they are a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts