Mom Takes on Disney Solo...

Okay....So now I have a new dilemma... I have these ears, but can't figure out how to get them down there in one piece. I'm thinking that I'm going to get a hard sided carry on to put them in. Along with some clothes for the first day. Just in case my luggage gets lost. That way I'll have something to change in to. Along with other odds and ends. I found a few of them at Target and Walmart and want to go take a look at them.

Ended up biting the bullet and just buying a Disney themed one on the Disney Store website. LOL!!

Had to laugh. Went to Target to get my last gift cards. Well, I looked at something and you can buy a $50 gift card and redeem it for Disney stock. Hmmmm.... So, I hinted at Chris that it would be a good birthday present. He's like, it's over 6 months away. Grrrrr...Oh wait, I'm a mom. Mother's day is right around the corner. Score one for mom!! LOL!!

Okay....So now I have a new dilemma... I have these ears, but can't figure out how to get them down there in one piece. I'm thinking that I'm going to get a hard sided carry on to put them in

I have that problem too! I usually carry mine on too in a luggage cube inside my bag.

Went to Walmart today and bought some leggings for my trip. Also checked out the luggage. I'm glad I checked it out because the hard sided luggage isn't really that hard. It seemed very flimsy. So, I took advantage of the great savings offers on Disney's website. Got a Mickey hard sided suitcase. Got free shipping also. So, it was a little over $100. Pretty good deal.

I have a few ideas for dining. Nothing concrete. I'm just going to go with the flow. I'm wanting to do a few like Tiffins and Tusker House, but I'm going to focus on quick service more. It's funny how I can't get into it during this trip. I think I'm going to go for Liberty Tree Tavern also. Maybe Garden Grill and California Grill.

I have that problem too! I usually carry mine on too in a luggage cube inside my bag.
I bought a carry on and am going to use that. I'm also going to put some clothes in the carryon so that if I have an issue of lost luggage again then I will be good. LOL!!

And I forgot this. Just had to vent for a moment. If you've been following along my friend has been waffling about whether she's going or not. She says that she is, but she hasn't put down a deposit yet. I've tried telling her how important it is. She doesn't seem to believe me. I told her it's just a $200 deposit and it will insure that you have a place to stay. I guess she thinks that I'm lying. Ugh.... Then she says that she won't have the money until June. However, she's posting stuff that she's buying for the trip. I've tried telling her that she should take some of that money and put the deposit down. I might or might not have said that you aren't going to have a place to stay if you don't. I'm not sure if she thinks I'm kidding or not. It's just very frustrating...

And I forgot this. Just had to vent for a moment. If you've been following along my friend has been waffling about whether she's going or not. She says that she is, but she hasn't put down a deposit yet. I've tried telling her how important it is. She doesn't seem to believe me. I told her it's just a $200 deposit and it will insure that you have a place to stay. I guess she thinks that I'm lying. Ugh.... Then she says that she won't have the money until June. However, she's posting stuff that she's buying for the trip. I've tried telling her that she should take some of that money and put the deposit down. I might or might not have said that you aren't going to have a place to stay if you don't. I'm not sure if she thinks I'm kidding or not. It's just very frustrating...

Ugh, I'm sorry she's still not fully committing to anything. That sounds frustrating.

I bought a carry on and am going to use that. I'm also going to put some clothes in the carryon so that if I have an issue of lost luggage again then I will be good. LOL!!

Lol I do that too!

Okay, I had to laugh. Last night I got an email that the times of my flights had changed. Got another email back in April stating the same thing. The flight to Florida's arrival time was changed from 12:54 to 12:30. Still taking off at 9:45. The return flight time had changed however. It was leaving Orlando at 4:35 instead of 6:15. Well crap. Not the best, but it's okay I guess.

So, last night I got another email from them. The departure time has changed from 9:45 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. Okay, so that's okay I guess. LOL!! well, then another email pops into my inbox. Guess what? What you ask. I shall tell you. This email is telling me that my departure time from Orlando has changed again. Really? Ugh. So, the flight is now taking off at 6:15 again. Really? Ugh...

I guess it's not terrible. Not ideal, but not awful.

Made some of my dining reservations. I hate that the EMH didn't come out until after I started. Because I love doing the evening EMH and had some reservations planned for other parks where they didn't have them. So, I either keep the dining and then boogie over to the parks that have the EMH or I changed the dining around. Looking to probably do the later. Mostly because they aren't super hard reservations to get. The only one I'm keeping right now is Be Our Guest. If my friend ends up not going then I will probably cancel that one because it's not one of my favorite places to eat to be honest. The others I'm moving around and playing with because they are easy to do.

Bought a bunch of different clothes and I'm debating on what to take now. LOL!! Went to the Disney store outlet yesterday and bought some shirts and pajamas. Packed everything and weighed it and it seems to be an okay weight.

My friend is wanting to do Universal and I'm kinda on the fence with it. Trying to decide whether or not to honestly. Part of me wants to, but part of me doesn't. I'll make a decision and stick with it honestly. LOL. I'm kinda wishy washy on it to be honest.

I'm wanting to do a few like Tiffins and Tusker House, but I'm going to focus on quick service more. It's funny how I can't get into it during this trip. I think I'm going to go for Liberty Tree Tavern also. Maybe Garden Grill and California Grill.

sorry -thought you where solo in October but just realize otherwise

sorry -thought you where solo in October but just realize otherwise
As of right now it's kinda up in the air. I'm still not 100% sure if the other person is actually going to commit to going or not. It's very, very frustrating to be honest.

I am following along. Love your Christmas ears. Can you show us some of your other ears that you bought? Our kids have an ear collection. Thanks for the report.

I'm thinking it might be something to do with people getting scammed maybe. I'm not really sure. I still can't figure it out. Because that's the one and only time that anyone has every questioned why I'm buying so many gift cards. LOL!!

I agree she either thought you were getting scammed and the person was demanding 1000 on the gift card (funny I know, but people are getting scammed for $1000 ITunes cards, so who knows) or maybe she was concerned about the large transaction. I know when I worked at Babies R Us 10 yrs ago, a red flag always went up when someone was purchasing a giftcard that large. She didn't mean to offend, she was following policy I'm sure.

I am following along. Love your Christmas ears. Can you show us some of your other ears that you bought? Our kids have an ear collection. Thanks for the report.
There are a lot of ears. So, it might be a few posts. I tried taking pictures at my house, but the lighting stinks in my house so I copied the pictures of the ones I bought from the Etsy store.

Cheetah Ears.jpg Cheetah Ears
Coco Ears.jpg Coco Ears
Dinosaur Ears.jpg Dinosaur Ears
Dodle Ears.jpg Doodle Ears
Figment Ears.jpg Figment Ears
Light Up EArs.jpg Light Up Ears
Little Mermaid Ears.jpg Little Mermaid Ears
Mickey Bar.jpg Mickey Bar Ears
Nerd Ears.jpg Nerd Ears

Attachments

• Mouse Ears Mickey bars.jpg
    Mouse Ears Mickey bars.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 6
Here's the rest. LOL!!

Roller Coaster.jpg Rock N Roller Coaster
Snack Ears.jpg Snack Ears
Spaceship Earth.jpg Spaceship Earth
Sully Ears.jpg Sully Ears
Tsum Tsum Ears.jpg Tsum Tsum

YEah, I think I went a little overboard. LOL!!

I agree she either thought you were getting scammed and the person was demanding 1000 on the gift card (funny I know, but people are getting scammed for $1000 ITunes cards, so who knows) or maybe she was concerned about the large transaction. I know when I worked at Babies R Us 10 yrs ago, a red flag always went up when someone was purchasing a giftcard that large. She didn't mean to offend, she was following policy I'm sure.
I agree and looking back on it I'm not upset. I'm glad that she was following their policy. I guess I'm just used to going to the store that my husband worked at and all the employees know me and know that we love Disney so they don't even question the fact that I buy a ton of gift cards. LOL!!

@CatNipRules Those ears are adorable. I love the Sully one and the flower one with the lights. and the spaceship earth one and the little mermaid one. They are all wonderful. I can't wait for my daughters to get up to show them. We are redoing our girls room and last night we were figuring out how to store all of their ears - but we love collecting them.

Enjoy the ears and thanks for posting the pictures.

Thanks for all the followers. I appreciate you taking the time to read my scattered plans.

So, I needed new glasses and went and ordered them today. So, because my husband worked for Target I went there to talk to my friend. She's the manager and she was able to get me 2 pairs of glasses for a wonderful price.

Went to Target and got a few of their new Mickey collection items. I bought some lip gloss and two water bottles. I was going to take them to Disney on the plane, but I'm not sure if they are allowed. Was going to pack them in my suitcase and use them for the parks.

Speaking of the plane, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. Flights out of my local airport for this new low cost airline was supposed to begin on the 23rd of this month. Well....

I got an email stating that anyone that was scheduled to fly between May 23rd and September 12th is being refunded. Apparently the planes that they are going to be flying are brand new to this country and the FAA is taking their sweet time approving them. Luckily that's a month and a half before I leave.Still a tiny bit nervous though. So, I'm hoping that the FAA approves everything sooner rather than later. LOL!

Got a new iphone today. It's not the latest one, but it's new to me. Bought 2 cases for it at the Disney Store online. LOL!!

Rock N Roller Coaster

I love those!

Speaking of the plane, I'm starting to get a bit nervous. Flights out of my local airport for this new low cost airline was supposed to begin on the 23rd of this month. Well....

I got an email stating that anyone that was scheduled to fly between May 23rd and September 12th is being refunded. Apparently the planes that they are going to be flying are brand new to this country and the FAA is taking their sweet time approving them. Luckily that's a month and a half before I leave.Still a tiny bit nervous though. So, I'm hoping that the FAA approves everything sooner rather than later. LOL!

Ugh, I hope it works out! I would be nervous too.

So, I know that I haven't posted in awhile. Not much has happened in the way of trip plans. Other than the one girl I was supposed to go with probably isn't going to go. Which, at this point I'm honestly very happy about. I know, I know. I shouldn't be, but she's making all of the planning very stressful and just not fun.

One big thing that did happen though. I got to talking to one of my guests at work. She saw my tattoo and I told her how much I love Disney. Well, I told her I was going to Disney at the end of October. She told me that she bought into DVC through a resale. That got me thinking. Then, I was talking to her more and she basically convinced me to look into it.

So what did I do.....

I did what any good Disney fanatic would do.

I submitted an offer for 160 points a year at Saratoga Springs. The annual dues are $938. So... The contract was submitted yesterday and Disney has 30 days to either pass on buying it or they can buy it for the same price I offered. Keeping my fingers crossed. Because for some reason they are buying a lot of the contracts from there. Although most of them are for a much lower price than I offered. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.

I never would have thought that I would ever consider purchasing into DVC. I guess if I've learned anything over the years, it's that you can't put off doing what you want to do. Somehow, I know that Mike would approve. Heck, he probably would be my biggest cheerleader. Life is way too short to put off doing what I want to do and living my dreams and my life to the fullest....

So, I know that I haven't posted in awhile. Not much has happened in the way of trip plans. Other than the one girl I was supposed to go with probably isn't going to go. Which, at this point I'm honestly very happy about. I know, I know. I shouldn't be, but she's making all of the planning very stressful and just not fun.

If everyone here knew what you told me I think they'd be cheering that you aren't going with her anymore :rotfl: Your trip will be much better off without all that drama.

I submitted an offer for 160 points a year at Saratoga Springs.

I hope you get it! :tinker:

Somehow, I know that Mike would approve. Heck, he probably would be my biggest cheerleader. Life is way too short to put off doing what I want to do and living my dreams and my life to the fullest....

I didn't know him, but from what you told me I think he would approve. If it's something that makes you happy, then I say go for it! :banana:

Sooooo....

I'm now a DVC owner. The contract closed relatively quickly. It was less that a month from start to finish. I made the offer on July 2nd and everything closed on July 30th. Broker was extremely surprised at how quickly everything closed.

This won't impact my vacation for October since those are rented points. But I can start planning future trips. I'm super excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!