Monday--Kona, Last night--Puck's Cafe, Tonight--Portobello Yacht Club

Belle5

DIS Veteran
DH on business once again. Thought I'd post his meals as I usually do.

Kona--Wings, Kilauea Torte, Pressed Pot of Kona Coffee

Delicious as usual. They tried to give him a pressed pot with a 30% blend instead of the 100% Kona that it's supposed to be. He convinced them that he knows his coffee and sure enough--they had given him a blend. Brought the pure Kona out --no problem and went and replaced the pressed pots at several other tables, as well.

Puck's--Spicy Salmon Roll (Sushi), strip steak, trio of creme brulee (3 miniature)

Sushi is the best he's ever eaten--he says those who make it are true professionals! Steak was good. Not as good as Flying Fish or Jiko. The creme brulee (two chocolates --one was supposed to be vanilla but he begged for a second chocolate-- and a butterscotch) was outstanding. The chocolate was just the same as the chocolate creme brulee from Fulton's that we just love. He said this restaurant is VERY loud. He wants to go back each time he is in Orlando just so he can have the sushi!

Portobello Yacht Club--Funghi Arrostiti con Polenta, Swordfish, Torte di Mascarpone

He started with a dish of roasted portobello mushrooms with polenta and gorgonzola. He said this was incredible and he will order it next time he dines there. The swordfish was served over roasted potatoes. There was a vegetable medley in wine sauce. Very good. The dessert was a tiramisu. While it was quite good he has had tiramisu at local Italian restaurants that were as good. He was waited on by Sergio and the service was impeccable!

Hope this helps someone!:D

Thanks for the info on Puck's sushe. My Dh love's sushi, so I think we'll try and stop in on our next trip.
Portobello's is one of our favorite restuarants, reading your review make's my mouth water just thinking of dining there.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter