monorail from BLT to GF

delilah

DIS Veteran
I will be attending a conference at GF in late July. I was able to get a studio at BLT; GFV were all booked. The conference begins at about 7:30 each day. What time does the resort monorail start? The conference also offers rooms for cash at a reduced rate, but, I had points. I can change if the monorail starts too late to get to my meeting on time.

I would also have a backup plan. We stay at BLT frequently and finish our trips with breakfast at O'Hana in the Poly. I love the monorail as much as anybody, but it never fails that 2/3 of the time the monorail is down and we have to wait for a bus or take an uber/lyft/minivan to the Poly.

You should be fine - the monorails open early to get hotel guests to the ticket and trans center (TTC). There is also another option too -- use the boat system. The big boat stops at MK and the TTC. The small boat stops at MK, then GF, then Poly - many times it is faster than the monorail. I have had conferences at GF and stayed at BLT and Poly - in late July it will be hot and humid - so how you are dressing could really dictate how you get there.

IIRC, the monorail opens 90-120 minutes before the MK opens, or 8am, whichever is earlier. I ran into a problem a few years back because I needed to be at Epcot for an 8:15am tour. The monorail was supposed to start running at 7:00, but was late that morning. We got to the TTC around 7:45, and found the Epcot monorail wasn't supposed to run until 8am. The CM at the station looked at our expressions of shock and horror (us for our tour, and the families with Akershus pre-park opening ADR's) and called for an early monorail which arrived a few minutes later. We made our tour only with a sprint from the tap styles.

For a 7:30 start, I think you're going to have to have a backup of uber in case the monorail is having a late start one morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!