Monorail rumor

RRB

I've got Cabin Fever, Copper Creek that is
The Disney News Show on Youtube has posted that Disney may be reaching out to monorail manufacturers and states that this could be due to the malfunction of Monorail Red's door. They are saying that Disney maybe considering purchase of new cars for the system or a complete re-build of all the existing cars

The Disney News Show on Youtube has posted that Disney may be reaching out to monorail manufacturers and states that this could be due to the malfunction of Monorail Red's door. They are saying that Disney maybe considering purchase of new cars for the system or a complete re-build of all the existing cars

whether that incident with the door happened or not, they are due for a new fleet of monorail trains anyway - this version has been in service for quite a bit longer than most have been in the past. Certainly makes sense for them to look into it - really would have liked to see the details of that deal Seimens supposedly put in front of them about building them new monorails that Disney didn't go for

whether that incident with the door happened or not, they are due for a new fleet of monorail trains anyway - this version has been in service for quite a bit longer than most have been in the past. Certainly makes sense for them to look into it - really would have liked to see the details of that deal Seimens supposedly put in front of them about building them new monorails that Disney didn't go for
Several people in the know said the Siemens rumor was false or something that was not as serious as people made it out to be.

Several people in the know said the Siemens rumor was false or something that was not as serious as people made it out to be.

ok, thanks - definitely something that seemd "too good to be true" on the surface so I figured if anything there would have been a ton of strings attached or, like you said, false/not serious

If you watch the clip at 8:15 shows a post from our own Rteetz! The host points out the credibility of the poster as the source of his webcast. Outstanding recognition for our moderator - in - chief. Recognition, I would say, of the effort you put in rteetz to keeping information up to date, reasonable, and as solid as rumors can be. Which is precisely why I frequent this board. Great work!

I’m torn on this. Only because I want new monorails but the design they have now is so iconic. Yeah the design in Disneyland is super sleek and pretty but I don’t have the same “iconic” stance with it.

Knowing my luck this is just for the doors and I just blabbed too much

If you watch the clip at 8:15 shows a post from our own Rteetz! The host points out the credibility of the poster as the source of his webcast. Outstanding recognition for our moderator - in - chief. Recognition, I would say, of the effort you put in rteetz to keeping information up to date, reasonable, and as solid as rumors can be. Which is precisely why I frequent this board. Great work!

I fully agree - and @rteetz does a great job and tries to indicate how credible certain things are or aren't etc. ... though this does illustrate a danger to these things as even here in this tread we are crediting that video as a source or then credits Rteetz as a source and things can just turn into a cycle of everything citing sources that are just citing other sources, etc. - often all back to one or two rumors/statements/etc - so it can look like there are 10 reports of something when it is really just 1 and then 9 reports of the same event

I think it is much more of a concern with other sites/videos/etc. than here, but just like anything .... trust the shovels!

Looking at past versions of the monorail, changes come and go as seen via the profile of the trucks themselves. Items such as the observation dome have made appearances. Consider what could change for the positive... Under the covers more efficient electric motors and HVAC? Better integration for mobility scooters, such as automatic sliding ramps to load to improve load efficiency? Given that passengers today are wearing Magic Bands, would you want the interaction of displays in the vehicles with the passengers? How about Magic Band data triggering the extension of the ramp? New vehicles might change an iconic design, but could improve so many irritations at the same time. Bring on the new vehicles!

I fully agree - and @rteetz does a great job and tries to indicate how credible certain things are or aren't etc. ... though this does illustrate a danger to these things as even here in this tread we are crediting that video as a source or then credits Rteetz as a source and things can just turn into a cycle of everything citing sources that are just citing other sources, etc. - often all back to one or two rumors/statements/etc - so it can look like there are 10 reports of something when it is really just 1 and then 9 reports of the same event

I think it is much more of a concern with other sites/videos/etc. than here, but just like anything .... trust the shovels!
Although I was the source for that rumor ;)

I did have some info fall into my lap that Disney was meeting to discuss new trains.

Although I was the source for that rumor ;)

I did have some info fall into my lap that Disney was meeting to discuss new trains.

oh yeah, didn't mean to imply you weren't/not giving you credit - but even that illustrates the point right? It gets posted here using that video as a source meanwhile you were the original source of the rumor so that is really one source, but posted as two (here and the video) (if that makes sense).

oh yeah, didn't mean to imply you weren't/not giving you credit - but even that illustrates the point right? It gets posted here using that video as a source meanwhile you were the original source of the rumor so that is really one source, but posted as two (here and the video) (if that makes sense).
Yeah I understand. That’s why I’m not a fan of these types of video rumor collection things.

Now if they could only do something about the tracks... :drive:
I don't know-- I don't get the complaints about the tracks-- granted I haven't traveled the course of the beams inspecting, but-- concrete gets harder with every year. The inside of the concrete pour (beam in this case) is "green" for possibly years in the case of the size of these beams-- (by my estimation about 5 feet tall and 30 inches wide). the outside edges are subject to the weather / battery acid/ etc. but this is only the outside 1/4 inch maximum. Just because portions of the "creme" (the cement and water part of the concrete which is brought to the surface of the concrete to create a nice finish) is wearing away, it doesn't mean that these beams are in any way structurally compromised.

I don't know-- I don't get the complaints about the tracks-- granted I haven't traveled the course of the beams inspecting, but-- concrete gets harder with every year. The inside of the concrete pour (beam in this case) is "green" for possibly years in the case of the size of these beams-- (by my estimation about 5 feet tall and 30 inches wide). the outside edges are subject to the weather / battery acid/ etc. but this is only the outside 1/4 inch maximum. Just because portions of the "creme" (the cement and water part of the concrete which is brought to the surface of the concrete to create a nice finish) is wearing away, it doesn't mean that these beams are in any way structurally compromised.
From what I have heard the Epcot beams are in worse shape than the MK beams due to where/how they were built. The beams get cleaned once every year or two. The trains would need upgrading before the beams in most cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!