Monorail ???

DonnettaR

DIS Veteran
I read in the Magically Speaking newsletter that the monorail is now a one way service. From where to where? What are they doing to it?

It starts and ends in the same place, but they are not running the full loop and you can not ride it as a round trip. It is closed due to construction on the new Finding Nemo submarine ride, plus they are going to redo the Tomorrowland station.

you can ride it from dtd into disneyland(tomorrowland), and from there back to dtd. but i don't think you can stay on it to ride it back. i think you have to get off, and get back in line...thus the "one way", and not "round trip"? :flower:

So another words you can't ride from your hotel,Disney Grand to DTD and hen back to the hotel? I am so lost

You can ride from your hotel, but if you wanted to go directly back, you would have to get off, get back in line, and reboard. It would work fine to go from your hotel at the beginning of the day and back at the end of the day.

GailT said:
So another words you can't ride from your hotel,Disney Grand to DTD and hen back to the hotel? I am so lost

YOu wouldnt ride it To DTD from the GC, as the GC is IN DTD. But you could ride it from that station into the park. You would get out at tomorrow land. Then you could ride it back to DTD from tomorrowland. The monorail at DL is really more of an attraction/ ride, then a form of transportation. Everything is close enough to walk.

GailT said:

there is no station in your hotel (grand californian). the monorail goes thru that hotel. but doesn't stop there, since there's no station there. you would have to walk out into dtd, ride it from there into disneyland. it drops you off at tomorrowland. and when you're done in disneyland, you can get back on it from tomorrowland, and ride it back to dtd and walk back to your hotel.

but...everything is so close by. depending on where you end up...it might be easier/faster for you to walk home to your hotel. for example, if you end up at ca...you can just walk right into your hotel!

hope this helps. :flower:

Ok, I am totally confused now :confused3 . What makes it a one way trip? When we were at DL over the summer, that is the same route that it took anyway. Is the only difference that you must exit at when you reach the end of the line?

Could it be that they are not going "round" the entire track, rather that it is going only part way, back and forth? If you look at the Disney map, from DTD it goes past the front gates of DL, then back up towards the Matterhorn, meandering around the submarine ride, Autopia, etc., stops at Tomorrowland, goes through DCA and again ends at DTD. Then from DTD goes past the front gates of DL then back up to meander through Tomorrowland, finally stopping back again at that station.

I would expect that they aren't doing that anymore because of the construction on the new Nemo attraction. Therefore, just going "forward and reverse" on that southern strip of track. I would expect that there is only one train running back and forth.

At my last trip we only rode the monorail from Tomorrowland to DTD, so not sure if the above is true, but seems likely.

It goes from DTD around the Grand Californian through California Adventure onto Harbor towards Tomorrowland and then it goes back the same way. One way trip would be that you cannot stay on and go back around. You have to get off. But, you can get back in line and wait to do it again to go back to DTD. I hope that helps the confusion.

and yes, i believe there's only 1 monorail running. it goes from point a (dtd) to point b (tomorrowland), everyone gets off. and people that are in line gets on the "now empty" monorail, and goes "backwards" from point b (tomorrowland) to point a (dtd), everyone gets off. and the people that are in line gets on the "now empty" monorail, and goes "forward" from point a (dtd) to point b (tomorrowland), everyone gets off.......etc, etc, etc. hope you get the picture.

kinda like a pendulum going back & forth? :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter