Monsieur Paul was a huge disappointment, Jiko for the win!

HappyMomma

I'd rather be walking down Main Street, USA.
We enjoyed several signature dining experiences last week. Of all of them, Monsieur Paul was the biggest let down. I had to saw at my filet and the service was just meh to rude.

Our Favorites in order were:

Jiko (Food, service, everything A+++)
Citricos (decided to dine here twice and cancel our LeCellier ressies we were so impressed)
Narcooses (because of the ceilings it was LOUD in there, but food was so good and the service was top notch)

Not signature but CRT has much improved and we enjoyed our meal there. Of course BOG lunch was good, but dinner was lacking in quality and service. We must have terrible luck because we had the same horrible server that we had three years ago! Go figure!!

Disney Springs we didn't care for the Boathouse. It was loud and the food was meh. We had the "award winning" BBQ. They need to give that award back. Maybe it's because we are from the Chicago area and have the BEST BBQ available to us. Frontera was AMAZING! We ate outside and left in a food coma.

Last edited:
So sorry about Monsieur Paul- we had a great anniversary dinner there a couple of years ago. We had a great meal at CRT last fall! I thought the food was excellent!

Have to try Jiko! What did you order there? (We aren't that adventurous)

So sorry about Monsieur Paul- we had a great anniversary dinner there a couple of years ago. We had a great meal at CRT last fall! I thought the food was excellent!

Have to try Jiko! What did you order there? (We aren't that adventurous)

I'm glad you had a good experience. I was SO looking forward to it as I love French cuisine. At Jiko we did a lot of sharing. We had the Mushroom Leek flatbread, Taste of Africa, Filet and the West African Koki Corn. Everything was delicious!

I'm glad you had a good experience. I was SO looking forward to it as I love French cuisine. At Jiko we did a lot of sharing. We had the Mushroom Leek flatbread, Taste of Africa, Filet and the West African Koki Corn. Everything was delicious!

Yeah- it's sometimes hit or miss- but you'd think at a signature it would be HIT!!

Ooh- your Jiko dishes sound good! I think reading the menu scares me sometimes because it seems so exotic- but it's definitely on our to do list!

We enjoyed several signature dining experiences last week. Of all of them, Monsieur Paul was the biggest let down. I had to saw at my filet and the service was just meh to rude.

Citricos (decided to dine here twice and cancel our LeCellier ressies we were so impressed)
Narcooses (because of the ceilings it was LOUD in there, but food was so good and the service was top notch)

Not signature but CRT has much improved and we enjoyed our meal there. Of course BOG lunch was good, but dinner was lacking in quality and service. We must have terrible luck because we had the same horrible server that we had three years ago! Go figure!!

Disney Springs we didn't care for the Boathouse. It was loud and the food was meh. We had the "award winning" BBQ. They need to give that award back. Maybe it's because we are from the Chicago area and have the BEST BBQ available to us. Frontera was AMAZING! We ate outside and left in a food coma.

We didn't care for Boathouse, either, and still try and figure out what all the fuss was about. LOUD, boring food, waitstaff was meh...

Won't be back..

Stinks about MP, glad you loves Citricos. Good call on the cancellation of Le Cellier, we're not fans of it. Looking forward to doing Boathouse and Frontera on our next trips. Thanks for the info!

Yeah- it's sometimes hit or miss- but you'd think at a signature it would be HIT!!

Ooh- your Jiko dishes sound good! I think reading the menu scares me sometimes because it seems so exotic- but it's definitely on our to do list!

Go for the Filet and taste of Africa for the app if you're not too adventurous.

I feel the same way about MP. Had dinner there a couple years ago. The ambiance was very nice, but the food was pretty average and wildly over-priced for what we got

Also sorry to hear that about M. Paul's and Boathouse too but glad your other siggy experiences went well.
Not eating at Boathouse next trip so we can check out Yachtsman but will M. Paul's since I've put it off long enough. I also heard they'll change the menu during the summer so no truffle soup for me but the fish still calls my name.

@HappyMomma - What did you have at M. Paul's? The filet mignon and how were the sides?
I had no idea CRT is considered a signature but the juveniles in my party are "too old" for character meals.

The worst thing that happened to me service wise at Boathouse was when I ordered a Campari and soda the waiter brought me an orange soda instead, LOL; easily remedied.
I think the biggest appeal for us is the raw bar but they've always done well by our Porterhouse. And by that I mean medium rare cuz as I tell my DGD I don't eat shoe leather just wear 'em- err she's in the well done dead as a door nail camp. And I still love her.

Been to M. Paul twice in the last few years: loved the food, didn't like the service much.

Jiko is our second favourite restaurant (after V&As) and Citricos is probably the third favourite. Those three are always on the list when we go. Morimoto Asia will now be added to that list. It's getting so difficult to be able to hit all of the new restaurants we want to try and still go to our favourites.

We were disappointed with Frontera Concina. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with it - food was fine, service was good, location is nice - I was just expecting something a little more interesting from Rick Bayless.

Our experience at MP was just o.k. The food was o.k., not great and the service was fair to bad. We won't eat there again. Our experience at Jikos was the food was just o.k. and the service just o.k. We weren't wowed by either and expected more for the price. On a side note, both my son and I ordered wine flights, him a red me a white because we like to share. My white actually came with one white and two of the reds that were in his red flight. The waiter didn't bother to mention this to us, which was disappointing since I would have just ordered a glass of white and not wasted the money on the flight. Seems silly to have two reds in a white flight.

Also sorry to hear that about M. Paul's and Boathouse too but glad your other siggy experiences went well.
Not eating at Boathouse next trip so we can check out Yachtsman but will M. Paul's since I've put it off long enough. I also heard they'll change the menu during the summer so no truffle soup for me but the fish still calls my name.

@HappyMomma - What did you have at M. Paul's? The filet mignon and how were the sides?
I had no idea CRT is considered a signature but the juveniles in my party are "too old" for character meals.

The worst thing that happened to me service wise at Boathouse was when I ordered a Campari and soda the waiter brought me an orange soda instead, LOL; easily remedied.
I think the biggest appeal for us is the raw bar but they've always done well by our Porterhouse. And by that I mean medium rare cuz as I tell my DGD I don't eat shoe leather just wear 'em- err she's in the well done dead as a door nail camp. And I still love her.

CRT is not a signature. But it was very good.

We both had filet (one prepared medium and one medium rare) and roasted potatoes. I also had escargot and hubby had the Verrine De Fromage frais salad. The salad was the best item of all of them.
The filet at Citricos and Jiko are far, far superior to MP.

Been to M. Paul twice in the last few years: loved the food, didn't like the service much.

Jiko is our second favourite restaurant (after V&As) and Citricos is probably the third favourite. Those three are always on the list when we go. Morimoto Asia will now be added to that list. It's getting so difficult to be able to hit all of the new restaurants we want to try and still go to our favourites.

We were disappointed with Frontera Concina. There was nothing fundamentally wrong with it - food was fine, service was good, location is nice - I was just expecting something a little more interesting from Rick Bayless.

We plan to try V&A's next visit.

CRT is not a signature. But it was very good.

We both had filet (one prepared medium and one medium rare) and roasted potatoes. I also had escargot and hubby had the Verrine De Fromage frais salad. The salad was the best item of all of them.
The filet at Citricos and Jiko are far, far superior to MP.

As I mentioned above, I'll probably have the filet de poisson écailles de pommes de terre" since M. Bocuse was famous for his rendition but won't be surprised if the man opts for the filet mignon so thanks for the heads up. Maybe I can steer him in a different direction:).

Agreed and for me most of the food was severely under seasoned. One and done.
We will do Morimoto's this coming trip and hope it satisfies.

We didn't care for Boathouse, either, and still try and figure out what all the fuss was about. LOUD, boring food, waitstaff was meh...

Won't be back..
Add another one agreeing completely wth everything you said. One of the poorest meals we’ve had.

Monsieur Paul hasn’t disappointed so surprised about the tough filet.

Glad you liked Jiko as much as I do. As for bbq its not just the Boathouse. I am from Kansas City and outside of Texas and the Carolina's I have never found any really good barbeque. As for Chicago when I go there its your pizza all the way.

Glad you liked Jiko as much as I do. As for bbq its not just the Boathouse. I am from Kansas City and outside of Texas and the Carolina's I have never found any really good barbeque. As for Chicago when I go there its your pizza all the way.

Yes! We can't find a decent pizza anywhere we go! Chicago is it! And you're right, those are the best areas for BBQ. I was just trying to give Boathouse some benefit of the doubt. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!