• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Monsters Inc. World Wide Box

YoHo

If you have any poo to fling, now is the time.
http://www.worldwideboxoffice.com/

Don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but according to the link (and what I heard on the radio this morning.) Monsters Inc at 504 Million has passed Aladdin in world wide Box office totals and is second only to the Lion King.

Can't find a better link.

Reportedly Shrek bombed more than Atlantis in Japan, a big movie market.

Shrek is number 28 with $469.7 Million.

Now if only disney could make a film as popular and as creative as Pixar has. You have to give them credit, they are out doing disney at their own game!!!! Hopefully disney will learn from them.

I would prefer to see adjusted dollars...these numbers are skewed. 1930 dollars are not the same at 2002 dollars. I would be willing to bet that Star Wars would be back at the top of the list along with a big shuffle in the middle with movies like Gone with the Wind appearing higher.

DIsney made a better film, the lion king. and a film just as good Aladdin. Oh wait, you mean recently. ;)

I like to see it in adjusted dollars too, but then your really getting into the realm of bragging rights and of course the fact that before the VCR, movies were rereleased to the theater multiple times; which means that they had a lot more time to amass those numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter