Moonlight Magic at AK, Sept 2017

Rocketeer53

Mouseketeer
Hey, just to give everybody a heads up they updated the DVC website. People with reservation can book on June 15th and everyone else can book on June 22nd. Also they said that Pandora will be open for the event so it will be a great time to get in without the crowds!

Last edited:
More information from the Member website:

How to Book

Book online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required.

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Thursday, June 15, 2017. Event reservations open to all Members on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

Note: Reservations are subject to availability

Where & When
•Dates: Wednesday, September 6, 2017; and Wednesday, September 13, 2017
•Time: 9:00 PM to midnight; Members and special guests can enter the park as early as 7:00 PM
•Event Location: Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, located at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

Highlights
Embark on adventure in a theme park inspired by nature. Read More About Highlights

Embark on adventure in a theme park inspired by nature. Throughout this event, you can explore unique lands inspired by the wonders of Asia, Africa and beyond… including
Pandora – The World of Avatar.

Event highlights include:

About Pandora

While at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, you can journey to Pandora, an all-new land with majestic floating mountains, exotic plants and creatures, and breathtaking new experiences

Thanks for the heads up! We cancelled our September Days, so we are not competing against anyone for a place!

Hey, just to give everybody a heads up they updated the DVC website. People with reservation can book on June 15th and everyone else can book on June 22nd. Also they said that Pandora will be open for the event so it will be a great time to get in without the crowds.!

Thanks. I was wrong I posted it will happen June 3-11 while I am at wdw. Pandora will still be crowded. I hope I'm wrong and you are right about pandora. I still say that December Epcot moonlight magic bookings will begin when I'm at wdw sep 10-17

You're right, Pandora will still be crazy, but hopefully the crowds will be more manageable. This is on the first night of our trip so if I can knock out the 2 rides I can avoid it the rest of the trip. :)

We have a DVC reservation at BWV the night of 9/12 checking out the 13th. Does anyone know if this would make us eligible to book as reservation holders?

We have a DVC reservation at BWV the night of 9/12 checking out the 13th. Does anyone know if this would make us eligible to book as reservation holders?
Yes. I had a reservation for May 12 and used it to go to May 13 Pandora preview.

Disney considers a stay to be the night and both surrounding days.

Of course I had to call member services twice because the first CM told me no and they didn't send me the link.

But I did get it worked out and got booked.

Yes. I had a reservation for May 12 and used it to go to May 13 Pandora preview.

Disney considers a stay to be the night and both surrounding days.

Of course I had to call member services twice because the first CM told me no and they didn't send me the link.

But I did get it worked out and got booked.

Thank you so much for verifying this. I had hoped that they counted checkout day as part of an eligible stay.

I'm sure it's just speculation but what do you think numbers will be on one of these nights compared to numbers on a regular day????

Thank you so much for the information! I have checked the website over and over wondering when registration would open.

Well, the member website has been updated again and now says:

Book online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required.

Please continue to check back for online booking details.

Note: Reservations are subject to availability

Evidently they either posted the information too early, or it was wrong information.

FWIW, I chatted with DVC this morning & they confirmed that the information that was posted on the site was incorrect :)

Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone will post the registration link as i never seem to get the emails....

You will find that link on the MS website under the moonlight ak event page when it opens. I wouldn't be waiting for someone else to post. It's suppose to be today, but their website has been a mess lately, so no one really knows.

Not yet. Still showing book online when your reservation window opens. But no link to book. Last year when we booked I was transferred from Member Services to Dining Reservations to book it.

Event Details
Get important event information.

Note: The following dates and times are subject to change.

Where & When

• Dates: Wednesday, September 6, 2017; and Wednesday, September 13, 2017
  • Time: 9:00 PM to midnight; Members and special guests can enter the park as early as 7:00 PM
  • Event Location: Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, located at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida

How to Book

Please continue to check back for online booking details.

Note: Reservations are subject to availability.

Important Details

• Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
  • Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Guests will be notified via resort communication.

I thought member services opened at 9:30 EST, so maybe the link will show up around that time...

I just spoke with Member Services, The website posting at the top of this thread was published by mistake:

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Thursday, June 15, 2017. Event reservations open to all Members on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

The new dates will be listed on the site later this month. If I remember correctly, it was July 5th or 6th when we were able to book last year for this event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter