Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon

Everyone who goes tonight, report back. What time they actually let you in the park, towels, characters, etc. Most of all have fun!!!

Hope to see everyone tonight. The weather is perfect today. Hurt my back yesterday, I'm hoping it feels better tonight or the kids will be enjoying the slides by themselves. It might be a night of lazy river and the edge of the wave pool for me, either way it will be fun.

Have fun everyone.

We will be there tonight too. It is the perfect weather for the event and we are very excited. I will be floating around the lazy river as well.

Waiting on the bus now. Towels provided. Icecream, chips, water, lemonade. Similar to last years party. Blazing hot today so that lazy river is calling me. Crushin gussler & miss adventure falls are highlight in the map.

Last edited:

We stayed at animal kingdom and checked in at the resort right at 6:30 and took the bus. Glad we checked in at hotel - line to check in at TL was insane. Brother in law drove and said parking was a nightmare. Enjoyed the night - 3 small kids so we took it easy. Enjoyed ice cream and snacks, husband bought chicken finger meal. Bought moonlight magic pin right away - sold out before we left.

Free towels, saw genie, Sebastian and Donald on our side of the park for pictures.

Buses were a nightmare. Take a Disney bus if you want to go early. They had Mears buses and they came late to BWV. I have asthma & the Mears bus was sprayed so heavy with perfume deodorant I couldn't stay on it. Thank goodness we had our car so we drove. DJ was great. At the end they had only regular chips, ice cream & busted up cookies. It seemed more crowded than other past parties. Pictures with Donald, Genie & Sebastian (long line for him). New rides had 45 min waits all night long. Get to them early. We didn't even try.

TL was packed we go often and have never seen that many people in the water park. Like the pp said they had ice cream, fruit bar and cream cycle. Drinks they has water and lemonade
Chips, pretzels and cookies.
We got there early so parking was great for us and plenty of chairs.
Thought DVC did a great job.

We arrived at TL around 6:30. We parked in the fourth row. There was a line outside when we arrived, we have the Platinum Plus AP, so we were able to enter and register inside at Singapore Sal's. There was only one person ahead of us. We set up our stuff at the wave pool then got our towels from Singapore Sal's. We rode Miss Adventure Falls, then hit all three sides at Crush 'n' Gusher. We went back to the wave pool for a little then went on some more slides. We went on two of the storm slides and then went on Humunga Cowabunga twice. We then did Gangplank Falls and Keelhaul Falls. We went back to the wave pool for a bit, then hit the lazy river. There weren't many tubes available when we were in so we got out and got some ice cream, Mickey bars, Mickey ice cream sandwich and fruit bars. We went back to the wave pool, but they turned off the big wave and had the constant waves on. The boys went on the lazy river and my daughter and I went to meet Donald and get some more ice cream. We got our picture taken while dancing the Cotton Eye Joe with Donald. Definitely a highlight. Met back at the wave pool and left around 10:15. I forgot to buy my shirt, so I will be buying it online.

Overall we had a great time. We went on a bunch of slides in a short time. The kids and I had fun. We got some awesome pictures dancing with Donald.

The biggest distraction was the people hordeing snacks. Come on people, if you can afford DVC, a free bag of chips shouldn't be that big of a deal. But, since it is free, I guess people feel overly entitled.

Still had a great time. Glad I was able to get in on a last minute trip.

With reports of check-in lines being long at TL, does anyone know the answer to the following? I am staying off site (with a car) with a res to DVC @ TL, can I stop by 1 of the DVC resorts to check-in or can only resort guests check-in at resorts?

With reports of check-in lines being long at TL, does anyone know the answer to the following? I am staying off site (with a car) with a res to DVC @ TL, can I stop by 1 of the DVC resorts to check-in or can only resort guests check-in at resorts?
I think they do not pass out bands until 6:00. My plan was to just get to Typhoon around 6:30 get in the line and get a parking spot.

Had a great time last night. I just wish some DVC owners and their guests weren't so greedy when it comes to free snacks. Take what you are gonns eat, don't bring tote bags and fill them up with chips and cookies. Glad Disney was prepared for this and had plenty. I have to say I was somewhat embarrassed that my family had to witness the greediness.

Had a great time last night. I just wish some DVC owners and their guests weren't so greedy when it comes to free snacks. Take what you are gonns eat, don't bring tote bags and fill them up with chips and cookies.

It was ridiculous watching people load up bags.

What time would you recommend going to avoid a line? I was thinking of getting there around 7. Was it loud? DH has hearing sensitivity and was thinking of having him bring ear plugs if there was a DJ.

What time would you recommend going to avoid a line? I was thinking of getting there around 7. Was it loud? DH has hearing sensitivity and was thinking of having him bring ear plugs if there was a DJ.
My experience at these in the past is that you can hardly hear it unless you're at the dance party location. My DS has hearing sensitivity (usually wears industrial ear muffs around the parks), and he's had no problems.

Question for those who went (and I may ask this again after the next one when more folks have been to it): would you recommend driving or taking the bus? We will have our vehicle and could do either. I'm thinking we have options of:
1) Get wristbands at hotel (beginning at 6pm?) and pretty much drive straight over to avoid traffic as much as possible. Realize parking will be crowded/difficult as day-guests will still be there and that we will have to wait until 7 to get in (or whenever they start letting event guests in, maybe it's 7:30?)
- Or -
2) Get wristbands at hotel and wait for the event buses. What time do they begin pick-ups at the resorts? We're staying at the Poly if that matters.
Opinions? What do others plan to do?
Thanks!

It says that we can enter at 7:30. Was that time correct or was it earlier or later. We plan to drive ourselves after getting our wristbands at Bwv. Going July 13th.

We are also staying offsite and I'm wondering if we would be better off checking in at a DVC resort (OKW? SSR?) and then heading over or if we should just get there early and get in line. What time do they start giving out wristbands at DVC resorts vs the parks? Will I get an email or is there somewhere online to find this info?

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
My experience at these in the past is that you can hardly hear it unless you're at the dance party location. My DS has hearing sensitivity (usually wears industrial ear muffs around the parks), and he's had no problems.

I agree. It was only loud if you were close to the dance party area.

It says that we can enter at 7:30. Was that time correct or was it earlier or later. We plan to drive ourselves after getting our wristbands at Bwv. Going July 13th.
On Friday they definitely let people in early. We got there at 7pm and they were letting people in right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter