Moonlight Magic Details Magic Kingdom

I was thinking of registering for the one in Feb (it seems like it's not booked up?) but I really want to do the one for AK since all my family will be in Florida then. Just to confirm, you can do 1 at each park, correct?
Correct

One note about the fireworks, don’t sit too close to the castle. We were up front, beautiful view of the castle, but most of the fireworks were actually behind the castle and blocked by the castle. This was a typical view for us, keep in mind that there were about ten fireworks going off in this shot, but we could only see one:
URL][\img]

https://imgur.com/a/lho0j

lho0j
This is good to know. I usually like to get a spot in Frontierland along the water. How is that for these fireworks?

If anyone has not registered for the Feb 6th event and has extra capacity would love discussing if open to us tagging along to partake in this event. My wife, daughter and myself travel to Disney once per year, we are planning to join DVC later this year. Figured it would not hurt to ask if anyone had 3 extra on their capacity for the Feb 6th Moonlight Magic. :-), thank you and regardless we hope everyone has a magical time!

If anyone has not registered for the Feb 6th event and has extra capacity would love discussing if open to us tagging along to partake in this event. My wife, daughter and myself travel to Disney once per year, we are planning to join DVC later this year. Figured it would not hurt to ask if anyone had 3 extra on their capacity for the Feb 6th Moonlight Magic. :-), thank you and regardless we hope everyone has a magical time!

Plenty of people have seen your thread and nobody has said they have space I'm afraid that starting to ask on every related thread will probably just start to annoy members, if there is no response on here, try seeking out some of the DVC facebook groups and asking on there?

New term, "Moonlight Magic Panhandling." :charac2:

I'm not against hoping for a bit of Pixie Dust and it never hurts to ask but just not constantly asking ;), It's a DVC perk so I understand people being protective over it (we've already got our full allowance on a different night)

Can some post a pic of the map with character locations? Trying to figure out my game plan for the next one....&want to line up early gor Esmerelda & Clopin.

Haven’t you guys ever had a dream? *insert Rapunzel voice... hahaha definitely do not want to annoy anyone. I created my own thread and commented on one that mentioned tickets were not ordered yet. In 1 year this will not matter, just got excited about the line up at this one and was not sure that every person on here read every thread.

Will let it be and hope for pixie dust. Worst case will go next year ;-)

Call me crazy, but I literally just booked a 1 night trip to do one of these parties. My DD15 is turning 16 and my birthday is very close to hers. So....off we go. She says this is an acceptable Sweet 16 birthday party and gift... even if it's just with mom.

Free flights, free party, gonna just book a value for the night....about a $100 plus food. Can't beat that! Going to leave super early on day 1 and fly home super late on day 2. I'm sure we can squeeze some Disney Springs and a nice birthday meal in somewhere!

Call me crazy, but I literally just booked a 1 night trip to do one of these parties. My DD15 is turning 16 and my birthday is very close to hers. So....off we go. She says this is an acceptable Sweet 16 birthday party and gift... even if it's just with mom.

Free flights, free party, gonna just book a value for the night....about a $100 plus food. Can't beat that! Going to leave super early on day 1 and fly home super late on day 2. I'm sure we can squeeze some Disney Springs and a nice birthday meal in somewhere!

I tried to talk my wife into doing the same. No free flight for us, so it would have been about $1000 for the family to fly down and stay one night, plus we would have to miss a day of work. She said it was not worth it at all. I asked her where else we would ever get to meet Oogie Boogie...sadly she won that discussion.

I tried to talk my wife into doing the same. No free flight for us, so it would have been about $1000 for the family to fly down and stay one night, plus we would have to miss a day of work. She said it was not worth it at all. I asked her where else we would ever get to meet Oogie Boogie...sadly she won that discussion.

We are both retired, but I booked our October trip specifically for the Moonlight Magic at DHS. F&W does not particularly appeal to us, but visiting Toy Story Land with the smaller crowd does.

We are both retired, but I booked our October trip specifically for the Moonlight Magic at DHS. F&W does not particularly appeal to us, but visiting Toy Story Land with the smaller crowd does.

Same here, hoping to get lucky again for that one too!

The lines started forming for characters early. Esmeralda had huge line by 8 pm. We were first for Fantasia Hippo & Ostrich. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth:duck:but not a fan of the lighting set up for the picture. Had shadow of photographer & CM in it. I'm sure they'll work that out for the next go-round.

Overall, a truly lovely event that was much appreciated!

I was originally only looking because one of the Epcot nights falls on our 25 year anniversary, but DH would have needed 2 days off work, flight prices weren't out yet, etc. And even with cheap flights, we need to save the miles for the 2 trips we already have planned, so there's no way we could take all of us. So, I completely understand.

I will admit, the price tag has gone up.....I called MS and they were able to find me a room at SSR on points (which I had to buy OTU points for at a cost of more than a value resort!). But, since we have such a short amount of time, the only other thing we will likely do is Disney Springs before we fly home, so, being able to walk there and back after we check out and our luggage is being held there, will be very convenient. I just hope our room is ready in time for us to get into it before heading to the party. I don't even know if it will. I kind of forgot about the whole DVC rooms tend to be ready later thing. We've always been lucky and gotten our rooms at Disney by 1:00 most trips.

Does anyone know if they cut the character lines early, or if you can jump in shortly before midnight?

When the fireworks ended, an announcement came on that there was still plenty of time to enjoy the park (this was at 1140). We didn't get into any character lines (we went straight for more rides), but the lines we passed still had people getting into them (Moana and whoever else was in Adventureland).
ETA: they were also still letting people line up for the Tangled Lantern photo by her bathrooms.
Does anyone know if they cut the character lines early, or if you can jump in shortly before midnight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!