Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

I didn't get an email either. DH called member services inquiring about the email only some of us received and was told that members would receive an email on the 24th to sign up.

What time would the reservations open up, particularly on the November 7th date? This is, of course, assuming that there will be spots available by that date... It seems to me that this is a longer time period than the other Moonlight Magic events in terms of guests with on-site accommodations vs. others.

Thanks for the information on the signup date. I never get the emails for some reason although they have my correct email address.

Everything I can find just says "resort reservation" with no mention of points:
How to Book
Book online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required.

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event reservations open to all Members on Tuesday November 7, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

How to Book
Book online when your reservation window opens. An event reservation is required.

Members with Disney Resort hotel reservations during the event can book online beginning Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Event reservations open to all Members on Tuesday November 7, 2017 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.

That's correct. You just have to be a DVC member with a confirmed reservation for that time period. It doesn't matter how it was booked.

How to Book

That's correct. You just have to be a DVC member with a confirmed reservation for that time period. It doesn't matter how it was booked.

The email actually said staying on a DVC reservation but like most things they apparently changed.

For those veterans who have attended a moonlight magic event, what exactly is this and happens? We will be there for the December 4th event at EPCOT.

DVC has (finally) added some details to the event page. LINK

Highlights

Relax, unwind and celebrate at a park that's brimming with out-of-this-world excitement. During Moonlight Magic at Epcot, delight in:
  • A DJ dance party
  • Light refreshments
  • Memorable encounters with Disney Characters
Plus, enjoy access to select attractions, including:
  • Spaceship Earth
  • RELAUNCHED! Mission: SPACE
  • Soarin'
  • Test Track Presented by Chevrolet®
Note: Attractions and experiences are subject to change without notice.

Important Details

Get details about dates, times, location and important information for this festive event.

When & Where

• Dates: Monday, December 4, 2017; and Monday, December 11, 2017
  • Time: Event is from 9:30 PM to 12:30 AM; Members and special guests can enter the park as early as 7:30 PM
How to Book

Important Information
  • Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.
  • Valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and photo ID required at check-in.
  • Complimentary admission to the after-hours event at Epcot is valid for the duration of the event. If you wish to enter Epcot before the event, valid theme park admission is required.
  • Party size limits apply. For Members with a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to the number of guests listed on their Disney Resort hotel reservation. For Members without a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel, party size is limited to the Member and up to 5 guests.
  • Offer is complimentary, non-transferable and cannot be sold.
  • Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
  • We request that Members cancel at least 48 hours in advance.
  • Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Members will be notified via resort communication.

Great! We will have one guest who has never been to Epcot, and I think it will be a fun night. We have an ADR at Trattoria at a good time to enter Epcot while some of the other attractions are opened.

Now to remember to sign up up!!

I wondered how this would go regarding what part of the park would be available... Am I the only one disappointed that it seems like only FutureWorld will be open?

I thought it looked like the least offerings of the park parties - but then Epcot is a little short on attractions anyway. For overall space it's probably about the size of the other parks! I was rather expecting Frozen though, and maybe the Ride in Mexico too assuming Frozen was open. Or things like Nemo and Livin with the Land. But it's possible those last two still will be and just aren't being publicized.

I thought it looked like the least offerings of the park parties - but then Epcot is a little short on attractions anyway. For overall space it's probably about the size of the other parks! I was rather expecting Frozen though, and maybe the Ride in Mexico too assuming Frozen was open. Or things like Nemo and Livin with the Land. But it's possible those last two still will be and just aren't being publicized.

I don't mind, because now we can spend more time with the characters. And do Frozen Ever After fastpass during the day instead of Soarin

I wondered how this would go regarding what part of the park would be available... Am I the only one disappointed that it seems like only FutureWorld will be open?
I am disappointed. I had hoped World Showcase would be open, and characters and refreshments there., rather than Future World.

I am still hoping that maybe Norway to Intl Gateway in World Showcase will be open, with some type of special showing of Illuminations :) That should be plenty of viewing area since it will be a smaller crowd. Fingers crossed that it will be a holiday surprise!

I am still hoping that maybe Norway to Intl Gateway in World Showcase will be open, with some type of special showing of Illuminations :) That should be plenty of viewing area since it will be a smaller crowd. Fingers crossed that it will be a holiday surprise!

This would be wonderful. They set the bar with the MK Moonlight Magic.

I have to say that I am glad entrance will be at 7:30, so there will be time to see things in World Showcase, plus Illuminations with the holiday tag.

Will the monorail still be opened that night when the party ends?
staying at the Polyn probably with 4 others and would like to know before hand if I need to plan on the buses to get back?

If future world is the only part open and I booked the beachclub that means we will have to take the bus at midnight.
That really stinks !!!
No frozen ride, no walks around the lagoon and possibly no fireworks are all very disappointing.
We can ride spaceship earth anytime, we will not ride mission space so that just leaves two rides :-(

Me too! being disabled i was really looking forward to hanging out in World Showcase while the others enjoyed Future World.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter