Moonlight Magic getting easier to book?

I was able to get a MM for Animal Kingdom on February 25th. We will be driving up for the day and staying at All Star Sports For $113. This is our first MM event and I don’t know what to expect. Do you think the lines for FOP will be reasonable?

I also got a MM for Magic Kingdom on April 28th. I didn’t tell my wife though. If we have fun at Animal Kingdom, then I will spring it on her. if not, I’ll just cancel.

I haven't been to the AK one. Hopefully, someone who has been can weigh in. Have fun! :)

I was able to get a MM for Animal Kingdom on February 25th. We will be driving up for the day and staying at All Star Sports For $113. This is our first MM event and I don’t know what to expect. Do you think the lines for FOP will be reasonable?

I also got a MM for Magic Kingdom on April 28th. I didn’t tell my wife though. If we have fun at Animal Kingdom, then I will spring it on her. if not, I’ll just cancel.

I am going tomorrow night. I won’t be riding thst but I’ll check out wait times for you!

The HS ones for Sept 15 and 22 and October 6 I have a feeling are going to sell out VERY VERY fast.

With ROTR and Mickey and Minnie's railroad, going to have to be on the site early and ready to go.

The HS ones for Sept 15 and 22 and October 6 I have a feeling are going to sell out VERY VERY fast.

With ROTR and Mickey and Minnie's railroad, going to have to be on the site early and ready to go.

When we went to the MM event at HS, a lot of the lines were very long for some of the rides. We didn't care for it. Hopefully, with the 3 additional rides now, the lines will be better. We didn't ride SDD because the wait was over an hour. I know some don't care, but that was too long for us. We did ride ToT and RnR a few times though.

Last edited:

My husband and boys were at AK MM tonight & they had a blast! They rode both rides in Pandora: FoP and Na’vi River Journey, with very little wait... but it was also super cold, so that probably made a difference 😉

The HS event coincides with our dates in Oct. I'm worried about being able to get tickets.

The HS event coincides with our dates in Oct. I'm worried about being able to get tickets.

I would suggest having a backup plan just in case. Suggestions would be a regular evening planned with either FP’s or dining booked which you can cancel or maybe a trip to Universal. If you have a backup plan, then you won’t be so disappointed if you can’t snag the MM tickets. I’m guessing that October date is going to be the most popular because the following weekend is a holiday weekend. However, most people are still able to snag tickets, so your chances are still decent. I’d just have a backup just in case so that you don’t plan a whole evening which doesn’t happen.

I would suggest having a backup plan just in case. Suggestions would be a regular evening planned with either FP’s or dining booked which you can cancel or maybe a trip to Universal. If you have a backup plan, then you won’t be so disappointed if you can’t snag the MM tickets. I’m guessing that October date is going to be the most popular because the following weekend is a holiday weekend. However, most people are still able to snag tickets, so your chances are still decent. I’d just have a backup just in case so that you don’t plan a whole evening which doesn’t happen.

We already had our reservations before they announced the dates. This is the first time our dates lined up with an event. I hope we can get tickets, but it is not a deal breaker.

Well, we were able to switch our MK MM night to BWV this morning. I have nothing against SSR as I have never stayed there, but I wanted DH to be able to check out the Skyliner. It'll be so much easier to do so if we are staying near it. :) The irony is that we sold BWV because it posed a problem with the end date and the lack of dedicated 2BRs. That doesn't stop us from staying in a studio there from time to time though, when available, when it's only 2 of us. :)

Just a quick update. The March 3rd event sold out sometime last week. April 21st and 28th are still available as of this posting.

All MK Moonlight Magic dates are sold out. It must’ve happened within the last few days, possibly today.

All MK Moonlight Magic dates are sold out. It must’ve happened within the last few days, possibly today.
When I looked on Tuesday 4/21& 28 were still available, there must've been a big push this week.Or maybe (hopefully) they lowered the numbers they will admit. We're going on 4/21.

When I looked on Tuesday 4/21& 28 were still available, there must've been a big push this week.Or maybe (hopefully) they lowered the numbers they will admit. We're going on 4/21.

Maybe they closed down registration after the first event???

We were just at MM at MK on March 3. It was our first MM experience.
I registered in Jan as soon as our window opened. And they have been advertising it as sold out for quite some time.
We checked in at OKW and then waited for a couple busses and got to park about 645. If you are staying at a dvc resort it’s really smart to check in there before going to park. At OKW the checkin line opened at 530. The check in line at MK was very long.
It was still very crowded when we got there. Wait times for almost everything was at least 45 min. We managed to get on thunder mountain in about 20 min only because my daughter was in a wheel chair and we got in at the wheelchair entrance. Otherwise the posted time was 50 min.
We had dinner at peso bills and then walked over to Haunted mansion. It had just closed due to mechanical and never reopened.
after the 8 pm fireworks they started restrictingrides to oniy those with MM bands. We got through Peter Pan in about 25 min. We walked right on Pirates. Jungle cruise which had been Open earlier was closed as was Splash Mountain.
We Saw some characters and then went over to space mountain. Closed for mechanical.
Did dumbo, teacups and Winnie the Pooh with minimal lines. The 7 dwarves train was 45 min wait So we walked bsvk to space mountain. It had just reopened.
after that we headed toward the castle to get ready for 11 30 fireworks which were spectacular. Then we headed toward bus back to resort and walked On it immediately. Got back to resort about 12 15.
I’m glad we did it. It was hard to say how many people were in the park but as I said ride lines were short except for the 7 dwarves train. I was disappointed that splash mountain, haunted mansion and jungle cruise were not open. Lines were long for the food but since it was free, hard to complain. My fav thing were the special fireworks.
My sister in law did the AK moonlight magic last year and loved it. When they went there were no food tickets. You just went up to almost any quick service and got what you wanted as many times as you wanted. We had a special ticket for one meal and a drink. We never did see a place giving out free ice cream or drinks but I know there were kiosks somewhere. .

We were just at MM at MK on March 3. It was our first MM experience.
I registered in Jan as soon as our window opened. And they have been advertising it as sold out for quite some time.
We checked in at OKW and then waited for a couple busses and got to park about 645. If you are staying at a dvc resort it’s really smart to check in there before going to park. At OKW the checkin line opened at 530. The check in line at MK was very long.
It was still very crowded when we got there. Wait times for almost everything was at least 45 min. We managed to get on thunder mountain in about 20 min only because my daughter was in a wheel chair and we got in at the wheelchair entrance. Otherwise the posted time was 50 min.
We had dinner at peso bills and then walked over to Haunted mansion. It had just closed due to mechanical and never reopened.
after the 8 pm fireworks they started restrictingrides to oniy those with MM bands. We got through Peter Pan in about 25 min. We walked right on Pirates. Jungle cruise which had been Open earlier was closed as was Splash Mountain.
We Saw some characters and then went over to space mountain. Closed for mechanical.
Did dumbo, teacups and Winnie the Pooh with minimal lines. The 7 dwarves train was 45 min wait So we walked bsvk to space mountain. It had just reopened.
after that we headed toward the castle to get ready for 11 30 fireworks which were spectacular. Then we headed toward bus back to resort and walked On it immediately. Got back to resort about 12 15.
I’m glad we did it. It was hard to say how many people were in the park but as I said ride lines were short except for the 7 dwarves train. I was disappointed that splash mountain, haunted mansion and jungle cruise were not open. Lines were long for the food but since it was free, hard to complain. My fav thing were the special fireworks.
My sister in law did the AK moonlight magic last year and loved it. When they went there were no food tickets. You just went up to almost any quick service and got what you wanted as many times as you wanted. We had a special ticket for one meal and a drink. We never did see a place giving out free ice cream or drinks but I know there were kiosks somewhere. .

Thanks for sharing your experience. Our plan is to grab a lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House earlier in the night and split it. Then, we’ll grab some nachos or something at Pecos Bill and split that later on. DH is very tall, so he can eat more than me. We figure between the two entrees, it’ll be more than enough food for us.

I’m really looking forward to the fireworks!!!

Just a quick update. The March 3rd event sold out sometime last week. April 21st and 28th are still available as of this posting.
It finally happened!!! Our kids April vacation coincided with a MM event, we are hitting the April 21st date, and hopefully all 3 kids will be able to stay up for the whole event.

Thanks for the updates TexasChick

It was like that yesterday, unfortunately for us. DD's Japan trip got pushed to next year, so yesterday I added her to our reservation and was unable to add 1 more to our Moonlight Magic reservation (we had only put in for 2 people originally.)...it said it was sold out.

It was like that yesterday, unfortunately for us. DD's Japan trip got pushed to next year, so yesterday I added her to our reservation and was unable to add 1 more to our Moonlight Magic reservation (we had only put in for 2 people originally.)...it said it was sold out.

This leads me to believe they closed down registration after the 3/3 event. I find it to be too much of a coincidence that the events just happened to sell out right after the event on 3/3 at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter