Moonlight magic question, bear with me...

Pluto80

DIS Veteran
We are OKW resale owners and will be staying there in August, when it's the Epcot moonlight magic. I know we're not eligible to get tickets in that instance.

However, we're considering buying a small direct contract at Copper Creek for the perks. So, my question is, will we be able to get Moonlight magic tickets early as we're staying on site, even though the points we're staying on will be resale ones, not direct ones? Or, would we have to be using our direct points to book moonlight magic?

Hope that makes sense!

Yes, 98%of my points are resale. Only own 25 direct. My April reservation was booked with all resale points, I just booked moonlight magic.

I can't book at all - its saying that my membership # and /or reservation # does not match their records. Only getting a busy signal when I try to contact MS. ugh??????

Keep getting the membership # and reservation # doesn't match records. And yes, I have direct points, and have tried both membership ID's.

Lovely Disney IT at work.

Refreshed the page like others did?

Yeah, I have tried refreshing, and entering all my current reservations and member numbers. Nothing is working, started an online chat session but they are backed up right now.

Yeah, I have tried refreshing, and entering all my current reservations and member numbers. Nothing is working, started an online chat session but they are backed up right now.

Clear cookies? Try another browser?

Or did you have a waitlist or combined reservations? Someone else mentioned they had 2 reservations combined and it was actually the reservation number that was not used in the combining that verified as ok.

Apparently the reservation has to be booked with a member ID with "direct" points in the membership. We used a membership ID for our April vacation that only had resale points in it.

I had to call to book the Moonlight Magic for April 17th, seems like wait times are a little shorter this afternoon. I was only on the phone for 30 minutes total.

Thanks for the advice.

Apparently the reservation has to be booked with a member ID with "direct" points in the membership. We used a membership ID for our April vacation that only had resale points in it.

I had to call to book the Moonlight Magic for April 17th, seems like wait times are a little shorter this afternoon. I was only on the phone for 30 minutes total.

Thanks for the advice.

Sooooooo - a glitch. It wouldn't have to be booked that way since booking any onsite room qualified you to register for the event today. Have a valid onsite reservation number and a membership number that qualified for this perk should have been all that was necessary.

Glad you go booked!

That makes sense. If you have two completely separate member ID numbers, the perks are only tied to the one with direct points. With the trip booked under an ineligible member ID, they weren't able to automatically make the connection.

That makes sense. If you have two completely separate member ID numbers, the perks are only tied to the one with direct points. With the trip booked under an ineligible member ID, they weren't able to automatically make the connection.

How does that make sense? One doesn't have to be booked under the membership at all to reserve right now - just be booked onsite.

How does that make sense? One doesn't have to be booked under the membership at all to reserve right now - just be booked onsite.
For the Moonlight Magic Events, they pulled a list reservations and the associated member ID that it was booked under. They apparently didn't look for multiple memberships, just the one used to book the room. If the member id was not eligible for Membership Magic, the room reservation was not added to the list of valid room reservations.

I'm guessing that Disney IT wanted the booking website to be simplified, if you have a reservation during that time period and a qualifying reservation, then your in. If not you have to call and have a CM book it for you. They didn't want to spend the time to setup the website for members with multiple member ID's, probably to many "what if" or "if not" statements in the code.

It makes sense that a database of membership IDs wouldn’t necessarily establish a connection between two which happen to have common ownership. I agree that the member is eligible to attend, and am glad member services was able to fix.

Maybe they need to come up with a "Perks" ID that they give you if you qualify for them, to save everyone the time and trouble.

Maybe they need to come up with a "Perks" ID that they give you if you qualify for them, to save everyone the time and trouble.

Maybe.

Seems like the master Member ID was intended as a key value for every ownership. The vast majority of members likely have just one ID. Not sure how much effort they’ll make to address this. Might just end up being one of the little irritants associated with having multiple master contracts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!