Moonlight Magic

First, I am sorry for your loss,

if you are associates on that account, can you log in and see his membership card?

The only thing is it said the person checking in has to be a qualified membership, but I know that people who have more than one membership have been able to book and didn’t have problems when the reservation was on the membership that did not qualify
Thank you.

Yes, I can log into their account and see the membership card. I can probably also produce his membership card (but will have the wrong first name).

I think it's going to come down to the person checking us in and how concerned they are that things match exactly. Thought about calling member services, but that may make it more confusing. I'm thinking that explaining all this to the CM checking us in, with 4 adults and 3 little kids waiting... they'd have to be pretty cold to turn us away.

I have another question regarding moonlight madness.

on March 3 there is one at the MK. That is our current check out day.
Our airline rescheduled our ticket, so I was able to move our flight from evening of the 3rd, the morning of the 4th at no charge.
I've waitlisted at CCV studio, both types, but I'm not optimistic about getting it. I've been checking the rat daily for other MK area studio's for that night.
I have marriott points and have a room reserved at the swan that night as a fall back.

The question is, since march 3 is our check out day, we are still eligible for the on site dvc moonlight madness perk?
Registration for that night doesn't open for a while yet, so I'm still holding out hope for a dvc room that night

I was able to register but wondering if we'll have problems.

Summary: My wife and i have our own membership, and we are also associate members on my parents membership. My on site reservation during the event is using my parents membership points. (mom and dad passed away last year, so we're currently just managing their account as associates).

So I got confirmation using their membership, and was able to put my name in the box for "someone else with same membership number will be checking in".

When I go to check in for the event, I'll have my photo ID and my physical membership card. I can probably find Dad's physical membership card as well, but the first name won't match.

Are we going to have problems?
Thank you.

Yes, I can log into their account and see the membership card. I can probably also produce his membership card (but will have the wrong first name).

I think it's going to come down to the person checking us in and how concerned they are that things match exactly. Thought about calling member services, but that may make it more confusing. I'm thinking that explaining all this to the CM checking us in, with 4 adults and 3 little kids waiting... they'd have to be pretty cold to turn us away.

I am sorry for your loss.

Personally, I would not wait. It states that the member must be present and attending. Although it alowed you to add your name, you are not an alternate member with the same membership number and associates cannot check in. The onsite managers just basically facilitate the process and don’t seem to budge on policy. Member numbers and ID must match.

The event is not sold out yet, so I would contact MS ASAP to modify and place under your name 800-800-9800‬. Good luck.

I have another question regarding moonlight madness.

on March 3 there is one at the MK. That is our current check out day.
Our airline rescheduled our ticket, so I was able to move our flight from evening of the 3rd, the morning of the 4th at no charge.
I've waitlisted at CCV studio, both types, but I'm not optimistic about getting it. I've been checking the rat daily for other MK area studio's for that night.
I have marriott points and have a room reserved at the swan that night as a fall back.

The question is, since march 3 is our check out day, we are still eligible for the on site dvc moonlight madness perk?
Registration for that night doesn't open for a while yet, so I'm still holding out hope for a dvc room that night

Sorry, forgot to quote you! Yes, I believe someone here was able to secure a registration on checkout day.

...and according to the post below someone else was also able to this time around :)

Last edited:
You should be able to register. A poster on another forum that I'm a member of has registered for the DAK event and they are checking out the morning of the event.

I am sorry for your loss.

Personally, I would not wait. It states that the member must be present and attending. Although it alowed you to add your name, you are not an alternate member with the same membership number and associates cannot check in. The onsite managers just basically facilitate the process and don’t seem to budge on policy. Member numbers and ID must match.

The event is not sold out yet, so I would contact MS ASAP to modify and place under your name 800-800-9800‬. Good luck.

Also, yes, I believe someone here was able to secure a registration on checkout day. However, it would be best to check with MS again on that since things change.

Thanks for the reply, I may end up doing that. To clarify, I AM a primary member (on a different account) with my own valid membership card.... its just that this particular reservation is on my parents membership using their points.

Thanks for the reply, I may end up doing that. To clarify, I AM a primary member (on a different account) with my own valid membership card.... its just that this particular reservation is on my parents membership using their points.

Yes, I understood that you are a valid member under a different account.

I have a weird question. I have an annual pass and I am an associate on my daughter's DVC membership. My daughter and I have a reservation in her name at Pop currently for the MK MM in April. But once the AP discounts come out for the majority of our trip I was going to get a different reservation in my name using the discount and add her as a guest and delete the one she has. Can she still get the MM reservation (assuming her number comes up) even though technically she won't have a reservation but she will be on my reservation? Sorry if that sounds convoluted, it makes sense in my head! LOL

I have a weird question. I have an annual pass and I am an associate on my daughter's DVC membership. My daughter and I have a reservation in her name at Pop currently for the MK MM in April. But once the AP discounts come out for the majority of our trip I was going to get a different reservation in my name using the discount and add her as a guest and delete the one she has. Can she still get the MM reservation (assuming her number comes up) even though technically she won't have a reservation but she will be on my reservation? Sorry if that sounds convoluted, it makes sense in my head! LOL

If your daughter is a DVC member eligible for the event,..she has a blue membership card..I think she will be allowed to register during the time as she will be a registered guest.

I do not believe that the DVC member has to be the lead person. As long as she is on your reservation, it should be fine,

FYI, you being an associate doesn’t come into play. Only that she is a DVC member with a qualifying membershi.

If your daughter is a DVC member eligible for the event,..she has a blue membership card..I think she will be allowed to register during the time as she will be a registered guest.

I do not believe that the DVC member has to be the lead person. As long as she is on your reservation, it should be fine,

FYI, you being an associate doesn’t come into play. Only that she is a DVC member with a qualifying membershi.
Thanks that is what I needed to know. She does have a blue card, I just wondered about what an earlier poster said regarding if the member would be there and thought that might mean I could register as she will be there with me and I was lead on the reservation. But if she can do it herself that is all that matters.

Thanks that is what I needed to know. She does have a blue card, I just wondered about what an earlier poster said regarding if the member would be there and thought that might mean I could register as she will be there with me and I was lead on the reservation. But if she can do it herself that is all that matters.

As long as the reservation is in place at least 48 hours before it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter