Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

We are having a snow day here today. Not much snow as there is freezing rain. Buses were cancelled when it looked just fine out there. Right now not so much.

Moo I hate bathing suit shopping too. I have maybe three of them that are barely worn. I don't know how to swim and just kind of sit or move around in a pool or in the nice blue/green water of Castaway Cay.

Can't wait to see your new counter tops. It will change the whole look of your kitchen. I love my granite counter tops. I think I ever moved to another place that didn't have them I would be burning my counters . Bad habit of putting hot pots on counter by the sink after I drain pasta and want to put it back in the pot to mix something.

We woke up to nearly a foot of snow! There was probably only 4-5" around midnight last night. Our poor pups couldn't get off the bottom of the stairs, so they hopped off the second step and went under the deck where it wasn't as deep!!! If I were still working, I would have had today and yesterday afternoon off.

I have a hair appointment this afternoon, so I may have to get hubby to drive me in the Jeep!

Yay Moo hope you have great weather and a lot of fun we are getting ready for another snow storm here today. I was so enjoying our mild winter too so when we get a bit of cold it really feels cold.

I got to see Marita briefly Monday night! She took me on a grocery run, which I REALLY appreciated!!! But it still gets dark so early that we didn't have a chance to have dinner together before Marita needed to head home :(

So happy I missed this week's snowstorm. My family and friends got hit pretty hard. Kind of shocking to get two heavy snow events this late in the winter!

It's so nice spending girl time with my daughter :) We were pretty tired after several hours at Epcot today, so we're just relaxing in the room before getting dinner. We may head to Disney Springs later to try to find me some more comfortable sandals, as the soles in the pair I brought have irritated the bottoms of my feet. Hoping the cruise will be super relaxing!!!

Rode the Tragical Depress to the Orlando Airport :( But at least I get to wait with Mari. Her flight is at the same gate, but an hour later.

Yeah, it will probably be a while before I get to see Mari again. I really teared up when I hugged her before getting on the plane.

I enjoyed the wine I got for the hotel and cruise, but Mari didn't like the red wine I got for her, so we left it in our room. We both had fun at our whiskey tasting and mixology class, although the bartender who led them was quite long-winded...

The food was pretty good on the cruise, but the portions were too large for me. I wish I had ordered the scallops at Palo like Mari did. I got a lobster pasta dish and didn't care for the sauce. However, the antipasto, calamari appetizer and tiramisu dessert were all delicious!

You should have reordered you meal Moo. That is the beauty of the ship , they are there to make you happy! Mixology I find is hit and miss with who runs it. Sometimes everyone can make drinks other times it is a name picked out of a jar. You should have done the wine and chocolate tasting. I don't like wine but I like that one...lol I wanted Mari's dessert at Palo's , it looked so good.

Your retired you should be seeing Mari more....glad you got mother/daughter time. Can't wait until I can do this with Hannah.

Glad you got to at least see Marita this time , we always miss her.

So how did you like the Magic compared to the bigger boat ?

If I hadn't been so full from the antipasto and appetizer, I might have considered ordering something else! The guy behund me made a big fuss about his entree not being acceptable (not sure what he had ordered), so the head waiter came over and a little later I heard that the head chef had personally prepared his replacement meal.

I liked the smaller size of the Magic, it was much easier to get around on. What I most liked was the design of the adult pool area, which had far fewer children walking through it. Plus, the round hot tubs were nice because it was easy to sit on the side with just your legs in.

We booked two placeholder rooms and will be watching to see if the Summer 2017 Alaskan cruises come out later this month. Mari thinks her husband might be interested in doing that cruise.

We are thinking about getting a travel trailer. If we have that, it might be easier to spend more time in North Carolina if we can take our dogs with us so we don't have the expense of boarding them. I wouldn't have to deal with hotel room freshener fragrances either.

I'd love to do an Alaska cruise some day.

Well, I have some bad news to share. They found a spot on my lung, I am scheduled for surgery on Friday. They will go in with a thing with a camera at the end to get it out, but they do cut some slots open for drainage tubes, so I will be in the hospital for a couple of days, and then home for 2-3 weeks. Luckily its small, less than an inch, so hopefully this will take care of it. Went through all sorts of test this week (heart, breathing, PET scan) and monday is stress tests, 2 of them, then I find out the final verdict on Wednesday.
I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Sending prayers for the best possible result and lots of hugs :grouphug: Please do keep us posted. Love you, truly!

Last edited:
Marita so sorry to hear all this. We have been away for a few days and I missed these posts. I too hope everything went well. I know exactly what you went though. My mom had the same thing. Glad they are doing the Pet Scan too that is important.

Happy Easter to you too!

Lovely sunny day and lots of chocolate what more could you ask for...lol

Nice day here as well, nearly 70 degrees! Hubby put the soft top on the Jeep and we took the dogs for a short ride with the top down :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!