More cost effective: Hotel that includes Express Pass or Cheaper Universal Hotel with Express Pass Add on for 4?

I have a question:

I see you say 2 days EP is good for 1 night stay. So would you have to wait to check in time to be able to use the EP?

So if check in time is 4:00pm we wont be able to go the park until then to use the EP?

No, when you check in even if it’s around 7am, you’ll be issued with room keys which is the EP for each person registered. You’ll receive this even if your room isn’t ready.

Leave any luggage with bell services.

You may be issued with new room keys when you go back after your time in the park. But, you do get two full days of EP with a one night stay.

It‘s valid till park close on your second day too.

No, when you check in even if it’s around 7am, you’ll be issued with room keys which is the EP for each person registered. You’ll receive this even if your room isn’t ready.

Leave any luggage with bell services.

You may be issued with new room keys when you go back after your time in the park. But, you do get two full days of EP with a one night stay.

It‘s valid till park close on your second day too.

Thank you.

Thank you so much for this valuable information! I've been a WDW nerd for so many years and I feel like I am starting at the beginning with planning a Universal Trip!

Is there a Universal Trip Planning for Dummies thread or webpage you might recommend?
Same here. Stay at WDW almost yearly and know the in's and out's of planning. Am Clueless about UO and in same boat as you. Family of 4. Not sure if it's worth doing 4 EP or only purchasing 2 for my older daughter and I and then if they have a child swap, my husband can use that for the big rides. So many things to consider!

The first time you use your Express Pass, they will scan the bar code on the card and take your picture. Everytime after when you use Express Pass, they will scan your card and use the facial recognition camera to make sure your Express Pass belongs to you.

My Rule of thumb is that for two people it is about break even.
It will also depend on how long your staying and if you are doing to do any days at Disney or Seaworld well staying at Universal.
In General if I have three people Il just pay the extra - its usually less than 200 a night more.
Again it all depends on time of year.
Its also just convenient.
Another option I have considered is buying the AP that has Express pass after 4PM (only once per ride)
At least that way I can be sure no matter how busy it is I can get on the rides I dont feel like waiting for.

If i purchase just the EP are they good for 2 days?

I know now that if you book a deluxe hotel you can use for two day. We are a family of 5 and we are going to Universal for two days before our week long Disney trip. If i would have to buy the EP for 2 days for 5 people and the min price for EP is $89, I will def just stay one night at the hotel.

I am thinking about this correctly.

If i purchase just the EP are they good for 2 days

Purchased Express Passes are good for only one calendar day. When you purchase, you must specify the date for the pass, and it is only good for that date (even if you don’t visit all the rides that day). You are able to see the costs per day for your trip dates in the "ticket" section of Universal's web site.

Yes, the minimum cost is $89 but depending upon the time of year, that cost could double per person. Compare the costs of purchasing 5 Express Passes for two days vs. cost of the resort room for two days. I suspect you will come out cheaper by booking a deluxe resort room.

The complimentary Express Pass with the deluxe hotels is your room key. Each person registered to the room gets a key/Express Pass. This is how you are able to use the pass on the check in day, and check out day (2 days).

Purchased Express Passes are good for only one calendar day. When you purchase, you must specify the date for the pass, and it is only good for that date (even if you don’t visit all the rides that day). You are able to see the costs per day for your trip dates in the "ticket" section of Universal's web site.

Yes, the minimum cost is $89 but depending upon the time of year, that cost could double per person. Compare the costs of purchasing 5 Express Passes for two days vs. cost of the resort room for two days. I suspect you will come out cheaper by booking a deluxe resort room.

The complimentary Express Pass with the deluxe hotels is your room key. Each person registered to the room gets a key/Express Pass. This is how you are able to use the pass on the check in day, and check out day (2 days).

Thank you for the information. I think we will just book one night at the hotel and use the Express Passes for the two days.

Thank you again.

Wait, you pay for your park ticket AND another 89 per day for express pass? Obviously the deluxe rooms are a cheaper turnout! Wow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter