More parking fees (at premium outlets)

Thanks for the heads up. Never going there again, and we usually spend a fair bit of money there. Classic case of shooting yourself in the foot.

[QUOTE="JerseyJanice, post: 59340580, member: 2341"]I’m not convinced that outlet malls have many bargains to begin with and now they want you to pay for parking?
In many cases I think you're right, but the Disney Character Warehouse prices are mostly a fraction of what you'd pay at WDW. However the selection is very limited, and a lot of it is merch from past events that are dated. Plus the store is generally crowded with people scooping up bargains to take home, the checkout line sort of resembles a ride queue at MK. But all that aside, we've found some really good deals there over the years (a $69 hoodie for $16.) But when I mentioned the $10 parking fee to DW she was not enthusiastic about it.[/QUOTE]
I read a story about this and it said that only stores with outlet in the name have reduced prices. When you look at the stores that are there, only about 10% of them labeled as such. I don't bother to go there unless I really need to go to the Vera Bradley Outlet store

I can understand valet parking in the "get your parking card stamped at checkout in stores for free parking" sense, but pay-to-shop? I can't imagine the retailers are happy about that. Jeff Bezos on the other hand...

I couldn't believe it when I saw that they are now charging for parking. I gave up on parking in one of the lots and found that there's a ton of spots across the street (all free, by the other outlet stores).

I personally like the Lake Buena Vista shops better than the premium outlets anyway. Seems like better bargains.

In many cases I think you're right, but the Disney Character Warehouse prices are mostly a fraction of what you'd pay at WDW. However the selection is very limited, and a lot of it is merch from past events that are dated. Plus the store is generally crowded with people scooping up bargains to take home, the checkout line sort of resembles a ride queue at MK. But all that aside, we've found some really good deals there over the years (a $69 hoodie for $16.) But when I mentioned the $10 parking fee to DW she was not enthusiastic about it.

I live near the Character Premier at the Sawgrass in Sunrise and the deals are amazing! I always find things that I wanted at the parks for a fraction of the price. I was up in northern Florida three weeks ago and decided to stop at one of the Character Premier in Orlando Premium outlets for something I regretted not buying at the Sawgrass one a few weeks before. I didn't understand what had happened with the parking! It took forever just to get into the lot and everything was blocked off. I was able to find a spot but it was pretty far out. I practically ran into the Character Premier and was shocked at how crazy it was in there! I thought the Sawgrass one was but wow the Orlando one was pure insanity. I lucked out to find what I wanted (the khaki pants with the Mickey emblem for $4!), paid (the line was long but very efficient) and made it all the way back to my car but that one little stop probably caused me an hour of stress and aggravation due to the parking lot. I won't be going back there. Ever!!

Oh great......and after all these years we will finally have a rental car and my plan was to FINALLY see this character warehouse.....even checked out recent you tube videos to get an idea of types of merchandise they having coming through but, not happening now.....DH wasn’t keen on stopping there to begin with since it’s shopping and crowded so now with this parking arrangement....well that is the final nail in the coffin.
I’ll just stick to my local Disney outlet and stalk the Disneyland discounted merchandise........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!