More Tokyo Disney questions...

Westcoastwild

DIS Veteran
How necessary is sit down dining? Where do you recommend in the parks? I've gotten the impression that reservations are necessary just about everywhere. True or not? Are there hotel restaurants along the monorail that I could eat at without reservations? I generally like healthy food- I can't survive on hot dogs and popcorn. I wasn't concerned about this until I decided to stay on the monorail, but I'm not going to want to leave the area just for food.

What did you do about drinking water? Are there frequent water fountains I could fill my water bottle up at? It will be hot, and I'll probably be drinking a lot of water.

Ride restraints. If you tend to be on the heavier or curvaceous side, were there any rides that you definitely recommend skipping. I've gathered that the ride restraints in Tokyo are different than the US parks so I'm a little worried about that. (I don't have any problems at the US Disney parks, but some trouble at Universal. I'm a size 18/20, with large hips/thighs but small chest, if that helps at all).

There are lots of great counter service options, more so than US parks IMO. At TDL, I really liked Hungry Bear (Japanese curry), plus Grandma Sara's Kitchen and Queen of Hearts Banquet for theming. China Voyager (noodles) is supposed to be really good too, but we were too hungry at the time to wait in line. At TDS, I really liked Vulcania.

If you want to eat outside of the parks, Ikspiari would probably be your best bet. We stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay, the restaurants there are pretty expensive, so would not recommend going there to eat. If you need to do laundry though, they have coin-op machines.

There are lots of great counter service options, more so than US parks IMO. At TDL, I really liked Hungry Bear (Japanese curry), plus Grandma Sara's Kitchen and Queen of Hearts Banquet for theming. China Voyager (noodles) is supposed to be really good too, but we were too hungry at the time to wait in line. At TDS, I really liked Vulcania.

If you want to eat outside of the parks, Ikspiari would probably be your best bet. We stayed at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay, the restaurants there are pretty expensive, so would not recommend going there to eat. If you need to do laundry though, they have coin-op machines.

Great! I'm really happy to hear that. I've been reading about the lines and I was getting a little nervous.

Wouldn't the laundry machines only be for guests at the hotel though? (Just to clarify- that's a hotel amenity, right, and not some random laundromat in the hotel).

Wouldn't the laundry machines only be for guests at the hotel though? (Just to clarify- that's a hotel amenity, right, and not some random laundromat in the hotel).

I guess it is a hotel amenity, but the machines are just in a little room off of the arcade in the annex building. It's not locked or anything, so anyone could access it. The dryers don't dry too well, but hey, beats hand washing. :)

I've never done the sit down restaurants tbh; there are so many great quick service places that I don't see the need to! Like wanderlust7 said though, Ikispiari is good for sit-down places, but can be pricey.

I'm about the same size as you, and I haven't had any problems with getting on rides. The only one I would caution against is Raging Spirits; the CMs do occasionally ask those of larger sizes to try out the seats to be sure you fit. I haven't been pulled for this but know those of similar sizes who have. I usually skip this one anyway because it isn't worth the wait. I don't think you'll have a problem on anything else.

Most of the quick service restaurants have amazing theming that we don't usually bother with sit down. There is a grocery store in Ikspiari that we usually grab some healthy options to snack on like apples or premade salads. Be prepared that fruit in general is very expensive in Japan and the grocery store prices are higher here because of the convenience.
Your hotel should give you free water bottles every day. There are water stations set up at most quickservice restaurants that you can help yourself to. It is very easy and convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter