Morimoto - bad experience

pansmermaidzlagoon

<font color=blue>Mickey asks that you not advise s
So this happened last week :

WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARDS!!!! Worst customer service ever. Have had better food from local takeout - sushi, apps, and entrees. Waiter couldn't care less. He was bad enough with our table, but the table next to us had major complaints with him, which meant even less time and service for us as he was dealing with them. He somehow forgot to return our credit card and we left without it.(After talking it over, my daughter confirmed she watched me sign and deal with the receipts - and she was sure as well that the CC was not there) Took numerous calls and until 5:30 pm the next day for them to figure out if they had our card or not. We show up to get it and we are told the manager has to check with some other manager. The first manager returns 20 minutes later, ignores and goes to stand and nearby. He laughs and syas "oh we sent it to customer service rather than shred it". This sounds wron g as we have called customer service and they tell us Morimoto NEVER sends them there as they feel it is their responsibility! Girls answering phones at Morimoto have told us same thing. Of course, it is not there and CS guy tell us he has worked there 5 yrs and they NEVER send them there.He has called Morimoto where girl tells them they have a huge stack of cards to go through but they will check again. Return to Morimoto to be told he will check again with second manager. Returns to tell us our card was destroyed at 9:30 that am before we even had a chance to get it back - they were sure because they only had THREE cards back there. Remember he joked about NOT shredding it while lying about sending it to CS! We asked why all the lies and the run around - we only got more lies and more run around . From the swarmy smirk on the managers faces I can only surmise they are professionals at this sort of thing!!! At the very least this is the worst management ever - he even admitted the girls on the phone had no idea what they were talking about. If they are answering phones and relaying information shouldn't they!? Worst experience at a restaurant ever! The whole credit card seems fishy to me - is this how unscrupulous restaurants steal CC info?

That is very strange that they immediately shredded your card. I've accidentally left my card at restaurants before they have always locked them up in the office and had them for me when I came back for it. Did you talk to the GM? Unless you already talked to the "top" manager of the restaurant, I would pursue this further up the chain.

This isn't new to restaurants and dining in general, not so much a Disney problem.

But yes, good reminder that we aren't really in any kind of protective Disney bubble when we are on vacation... the real world is right there, waiting for us to let down our guard...

Yah, I see no reason why a restaurant would need to shred a CC.
Although I also see no reason why any waiter would need to steal the card. Anyone can snap a pic of front and back of card and have all the info they need for on-line purchasing. No need to steal it. Did you check your statement to be sure there were no unauthorized charges?
Still, lots of concerns about their procedures for recovering lost CC or other items.
You definitely should have collected names and report to top management.
Sorry, you had such a terrible experience there. We love the food.

I suggest you call your credit card company and ask for a new card with a new number, since this one is clearly compromised. While they say they shredded it, perhaps someone took it home or sold it?
Yeah, even if you got your card back, it'd be wary about still using it.

Although I also see no reason why any waiter would need to steal the card. Anyone can snap a pic of front and back of card and have all the info they need for on-line purchasing.

There's a bigger reward for a physical card than there is for just a picture of the front and back. An activated physical card can be used to get cash back from purchases, purchase anonymous money orders and gift cards, and in general can be used to purchase easily resold commodity items (Tv's and electronics, for example) at lower risk than mail order online purchases.

Thank you all - we and our CC company will be monitoring the card! I've never been treated so bad, needed to let others know.

Last edited:
Actually? I would express your thoughts to your CC company, and probably VISA....

A third party shredded YOUR property. YOU have every right to shred that card... not sure a third party does.

You see, VISA does, on occasion, REVOKE the right of a vendor to accept VISA.

Actually? I would express your thoughts to your CC company, and probably VISA....

A third party shredded YOUR property. YOU have every right to shred that card... not sure a third party does.

You see, VISA does, on occasion, REVOKE the right of a vendor to accept VISA.

thank you - that's a thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter