Most nauseating ride??

Albertan mom

<font color=blue>I didn't mean too, innocent mista
Last time we went to DL, I was chicken to go on most of the rides, because I get nauseous quite easily!! This time I want to go on more. But I don't know if I can handle the TOT, Screamin, Indiana Jones.....

If you had to pick the one ride that most makes your stomach queasy, what would it be???

Thanx! :flower:

Body Wars in Epcot is the most tummy troubling I've ridden in any Disney location. In DLR it's probably Star Tours (though I've never ridden Tower of Terror or California Screamin' )

I have to agree about "Star Tours." That ride makes me want to puke every time. I swear to God, I have to close my eyes when my family drags me on it, otherwise I would toss my cookies.

The funny thing is that I normally have a very strong stomach for rides. I can take anything, but Star Tours just gets me sick every single time. I would say that when it comes to thrill rides, TOT really isn't all that bad. It's a lot of fun. I rode that 14 times in a row and didn't have a problem with it at all. I could take that 1000 times in a row better than Star Tours once. Eeek!

Indiana Jones isn't that bad as far as causing nausea. It's just very jerky and unpleasant to me. I don't like jerky rides.

As far as rollar coasters goes, Screamin isn't too bad. But if you get nauseated on rides, you should probably avoid that. You would probably be able to handle the Matterhorn ok and Gadgets and Go coaster might be a good one to work your way up to bigger things. If you're ok on that you might find that you can handle big thunder railroad.

And don't miss Splash Mountain! It is the best ride in the world!

It seems I get motion sick on most everything these days, even in some movies. Generally Star Tours is out. I really like the ride but it makes me very sick very quick. Indiana Jones can make me somewhat queasy so I can't ride anything with lots of motion for an hour or so afterward. Same with Tower of Terror. It is short but I can be a bit queasy afterward. Occasionally I don't feel sick at all after ToT. The ToT in DCA causes less trouble for me than the one at WDW. California Screamin' is a really fun coaster but can make me pretty sick. Surprisingly I have ridden the Golden Zephyr a couple of times and did pretty good.

We did every major ride at all 4 WDW parks last week when were there, then I went to Seaworld and there's an Arctic Adventure helicopter simulator ride that I could NOT STAND. I was so nauseous after that!

It's basically the same concept as Star Tours, which didn't bother me, but I couldn't stand the Sea World ride.

:crazy2:

the "dreaded" teacups!!!! :rotfl: Who knew it could be so bad? I can ride anything and love wild rides but feel sick just looking at the teacups!! I can barely ride them and have to fight the wheel from spinning the entire time. Even my little kids want to be in "dad's teacup" this trip as mine is "no fun"!!

I can't speak for which rides to avoid, but I will make a recommendation for the Sea-Band motion sickness bracelets: http://www.sea-band.com/seaband.htm They have been a real lifesaver for me! Basically, they are acupressure bracelets that prevent nausea and motion sickness. I don't know that I could wear them for a week-long cruise, but they are small enough to carry in the fanny pack and slip on for a ride or two. They worked on our March WDW trip and are headed to DLR next month.

I picked up mind at Walgreens for around $10US, but the website also lists Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Rite Aid among others. I tried a knock-off brand, but they weren't as effective. I use mine mostly on my frequent commuter jet trips.

If you really want to ride some of the potential breakfast-losing rides, they might work for you. Of course, I'd test'em out on something small first!

Good luck!

BTW: I've heard rumors (unconfirmed) that on rare occaisons rides like Star Tours, Body Wars, etc run with only the film and without the hydraulics as 'dry' runs. I'd like to find out when/how to get to ride it with just the film as I really enjoy the visuals but prefer to keep my breakfast/lunch/dinner is it's proper place.

I second the nomination of the Tea Cups! I do coasters okay, but all that spinning just messes me up for 1/2 a day!

:earsgirl:

my mom doesn't do rides in general anyway, but she opted not to go on Soarin' when she had the opportunity because it would make her nauseous...

Five years ago my son (then 19) went on the teacups, then lost it while standing in line for Alice in Wonderland. I also agree about Star Tours, but the ride that really got me this year was Mulholland Madness.

Thanks for all the tips! Ones I have done:
Gadget Coaster
Matterhorn
Big TM Railroad
Splash Mountain
Grizzly River Run
Soarin

I found them all to be OK. But I want to be brave and go on more with my kids!

I will avoid the Teacups for sure!! And Star Tours!

And I will try to find a Sea-band, good idea

I haven't been on the new improved Space Mountain, but years ago that one did my Dad in. He ended up spending half the day sitting on a bench. The sharp turns in the dark we're just too much for him.

And I thought it was just me!!! I handled Tower of Terror and the spinning tea cups no problem but Star Tours nearly got me and Arctic adventure at Sea World was even worse.

It's not motion sickness, because the rides don't move that much, but the films make your body believe you are moving and really throw you.

However, there is a very easy escape - just close your eyes!

Don't miss the rides as both are superb, but if feeling sick, close your eyes and the visual stimulii which are making you sick will stop.

Indiana didn't make me feel sick, it just bruises you a bit by throwing you around. Screamin was fine the first time I tried it, but the second had me almost in trouble - I wouldn't recommend it if you get motion sickness easily.

cmpaige said:
It's A Small World

:rotfl2:

ROFL! :rotfl: Too funny! :rotfl2: My mom had trouble with the Matterhorn, it made her feel sick for half the day afterwards. She did fine with everything else she went on, but she didn't go on anything else major that day. Only POTC, IASW and HM. HTH! :flower:

Nausea on IASW?

Its the nausea, caused by the headache, caused by the music on Its a Small World.

(sing to the tune of I knew an old lady who swallowed a fly.... :teeth: )

Anyone want to add a verse..... :teeth:

crazypom said:
the "dreaded" teacups!!!! :rotfl: Who knew it could be so bad? I can ride anything and love wild rides but feel sick just looking at the teacups!! I can barely ride them and have to fight the wheel from spinning the entire time. Even my little kids want to be in "dad's teacup" this trip as mine is "no fun"!!

::yes:: The teacups are HORRIBLE. Everything else is fine for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter