Mother / Daughter Activity

Pinkos

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

We will be in Orlando in May, during that time my DH is hoping to take my DS to a Tampa NHL game. I was wondering if there was anything fun that I could do with my DS to entertain her during that time? She is 6. We will be traveling with another family with kids the same ages. So All the boys will head off to a hockey game. Originally, we were just going to hang pool side at the house, but now I'm wondering if there is a hidden gem that the girls might enjoy. Any ideas?

Yes! The fancy tea at the Garden View restaurant at the Grand Floridian. My 8 year old daughter and I love it. A very special experience.

My daughter and I are going to be in Orlando in June - with DH but he is attending a conference for 4 days of our trip - and she is seven. We are doing two days of Disney together, some pool time, and I dabbling with the idea of the American Girl store or Lego Experience as things to keep in mind. That's what I've come up with so far.

I was also going to suggest tea at the Grand Floridian but that might depend on your six year old. I loved taking my 70 year old mom for tea for her birthday - lovely. And they have tea items that appeal more to kids. There are lots of interesting activities at the resorts - animal viewing at Animal Kingdom Lodge, marshmallow roast, campfire at Ft. Wilderness. Honestly I just love riding the boat transportation from resort to resort, exploring, having a special snack or meal - like ice cream at the Boardwalk. There is also Fantasia mini golf - and Bibbity Bobbity Boutique at Disney Springs.

I also was going to suggest the Tea at the Grand Floridian! Very fun and sweet thing to do with your daughter!

How much is the Tea at the Grand Floridian? Do you need to call and make a reservation or can I do it online?

Another vote for the tea at the Grand Floridian. We took my daughter for her birthday when she was 4, and they treated her like royalty. I don't think they get a lot of little ones there, and they were so nice to her. (She was up for it, though--loved getting dressed up and so on. Your 6 yo may have different priorities!)

I'm sure you can reserve online. Price? Not cheap, but probably cheaper than NHL tickets!

We've got a tradition of going out for a meal, just the two of us. Something the boys in the family wouldn't enjoy. You could just let her pick something, be it her favourite chain place, or her favourite type of food.

Have fun!

Not sure what your budget is, or what transportation you have at your disposal (will you have a car?). But, here are some things I'd consider....

- A day at the Orlando Eye complex.....ride the Eye, visit Sea Life Aquarium (EXCELLENT for a 6 year old), tour the Skeletons Museum. They also have a Madame Tussauds if you think she'd enjoy it. They feature some family-friendly exhibits in there like Shrek (she can have her picture taken in the onion carriage), Kung Fu Panda, ET (she could don Elliott's red jacket and ride the bike), etc.

- A day at SeaWorld.

- Gatorland.

- An airboat ride.

- Mini golf: Congo River is a favorite....the courses are welll themed and you can feed and hold an alligator there.

- Disney Springs: ride the Characters in Flight balloon (currently on Groupon for a deeply discounted price), visit the Coke Bear at the Coke Store and then enjoy a beverage on the rooftop patio, have a cupcake at Sprinkles, let her ride the little carousel and train, have a meal at T-Rex or the Rainforest Cafe.

- Do a waterpark day. Our fave is Aquatica, but Typhoon Lagoon and Volcano Bay are also both a lot of fun (we're northerners so not huge fans of the theming at Blizzard Beach).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter